• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokemon X/Y

Me and ultraviolet have been trying to trade, but it doesn't work. It attempts to connect and then it just says "an error has occurred", no error code or anything. (The problem's on her end because I can trade with random strangers just fine, but she can't get it to work with anyone.) We can send O-Powers and stuff, but trading/battling doesn't work. Anyone have any idea why? Do you have to reach a certain point in the game before trading becomes available, or...?

if anyone could shed any light on this that would be fabulous and wonderful i'm so lonely i can't battle or trade with anyone !!!! :C

We solved the problem by using a different internet connection, so apparently it's caused by router settings or whatever. Not sure how to fix it yet, but might be good to know in case anybody else runs into this problem.

Had this question answered for me earlier, so now I shall do the same to you.

It hasn't been confirmed, but it seems likely. There have been an unusual amount of Shinies.

Hopefully I can get a copy of X fairly soon. Reading all of this just makes me want it more. Guess I'll just keep doing Funfest Missions.

By the way, did Funfest missions continue in X and Y?

Some guy in Coumarine:
"So those Egg-like things that are found at the Pokémon Day Care...
Strictly speaking, they're not Eggs. They're more like a Pokémon cradle."

Earlier today: "I think I'll start breeding my Pokémon!"

A couple hours later: Has an Adamant Technician Scizor with perfect IVS in Attack, HP, and Special Defense.

I'd like to thank Game Freak for making competitive breeding even easier.

WARNING! Don't save in Lumiose City outside buildings!
I came across a tumblr post saying that some people have reported the game freezing completely upon loading when they had saved somewhere in Lumiose City (i.e. not inside a building but in the city). I thought I'd spread the word since I don't really want anyone to have to deal with something like this. D:
It apparently doesn't happen with everyone, but better safe than sorry.

I hope the people who have been affected have reported this issue to Nintendo so that they could patch this thing up.

You can also get stuck walking around! There's this alleyway where a guy in a black shirt mumbles about alleys being dangerous, and you're not supposed to be able to get past him. I tried to walk by anyway, though, and got stuck in the invisible wall. I couldn't walk anywhere after that :( I could Fly out, though!

I haven't heard of anyone else talking about that, so I think it's really uncommon? But probbbbably better to carry a flyer (or something with Dig or Teleport).

There are some other people besides black-shirt guy who won't let you past in alleys, but he's the only one who made me get stuck.

Has anyone figured out how rain works? I assume it's random, But I haven't encountered any since the first time I got to route 14 awhile back, and I really want to evolve my sliggoo so it can learn aqua tail, and I want to do that before going through Lysandre Labs.

Has anyone figured out how rain works? I assume it's random, But I haven't encountered any since the first time I got to route 14 awhile back, and I really want to evolve my sliggoo so it can learn aqua tail, and I want to do that before going through Lysandre Labs.

Try changing it to Monday before 1pm on your 3DS system settings, and then go to route 14! (The swampy Sliggoo route outside Lumiose, with the playground) I can't find the thread where people tried it, but it worked for me and a bunch of people on Gamefaqs and apparently on Reddit because one of the Gamefaqs threads says "credit to Reddit".

So it seems to be time-based! I can't find anything about other rain times, though.

guys
hey guys
GUYS

Female pokemon now pass their pokeball type to their offspring!
I read that somewhere and had to try it out for myself. I'm currently breeding for a shiny Noibat and the eggs are all in Luxury Balls because the female Noibat that's doing the thing with Ditto is in one :D
This makes me insanely happy. No more boring ol' pokeballs! OuO

HEY maybe I'm late and maybe this is being posted in the progress thread now (I don't wanna look there for fear of spoilers) but my fc is 2036-7185-4202 add meee. c:

There's a new method for getting shinies easily!

You need to fish in the same spot without moving and make all the appearing pokemon faint/catch them (kind of like pokeradar chaining) and if you chain succesfully, you may get shinies!
For clarification, if you fail to reel the pokemon in or get the 'nothing seems to be biting' message, your chain breaks. Unlike Pokeradar, though, with this it doesn't matter whether the appearing pokemon are the same species or not.

I got my first Y shiny, a Skrelp, by doing some of that consecutive fishing (and it was something like the mid-thirtieth encounter in the chain). :O

Hey I thought I'd share a trick I'd found just because it helped me quite a bit.

If you want to max out a Pokémon's happiness quickly, put it in the lead of your party, go to the center of Lumiose, equip your bike, and place something heavy on the corner of your 3ds so the left directional button is held down. Come back in about 10-15 minutes, and you will have a maxed out Pokémon! I had to do this a lot because of IV breeding togepi (which requires evolving them to Togetic since Togepi can't breed) and this saved me a lot of time!

EDIT: You can also use this method to level up Pokémon a lot if you leave them in the day care.

Does anyone know a quick way to get dittos with good ivs? :( I have been going on a catching spree but all of the dittos I got suck.

Does anyone know a quick way to get dittos with good ivs? :( I have been going on a catching spree but all of the dittos I got suck.

If you can find someone who has dittos in their friend safari, you can get dittos with multiple perfect ivs. (And even some with Impostor.)

Back
Top Bottom