• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

X/Y Progress thread

I'm busy doing other stuff on mine at the moment. Could someone explain the Friend Safari to me? I've seen it but not had chance to try it out. It sounds pretty cool though.

I'm busy doing other stuff on mine at the moment. Could someone explain the Friend Safari to me? I've seen it but not had chance to try it out. It sounds pretty cool though.

When you open the friend safari, you get a list of your friends and their types! Any 3DS friend has a safari, even people who don't have the game. Like my mom is Bug-type. Every person has two Pokemon that are that type. Like maybe a Bug person has Beautifly and Butterfree! (dual-type Pokemon can apparently go in either type) Pokemon that aren't normally found in X and Y can be in someone's safari. When you go in, it's a patch of grass, and you run around until you find the Pokemon you want!

If someone beats the champion of the Elite Four and then appears online in your friends list at least once (to give you the data of that) then a third Pokemon will appear in their safari! Also, you'll unlock hidden abilities on those Pokemon (previously dream world abilities). I'm not sure if your friend has to be online when you encounter the Pokemon in order for it to have a hidden ability, I haven't been able to find a clear answer on that and I haven't tested it yet.

Also! Pokemon in the friend safari are guaranteed to have two perfect IVs! (that's why Ditto safaris are in such high demand, plus Imposter Dittos being able to breed down hidden abilities now.)

When you open the friend safari, you get a list of your friends and their types! Any 3DS friend has a safari, even people who don't have the game. Like my mom is Bug-type. Every person has two Pokemon that are that type. Like maybe a Bug person has Beautifly and Butterfree! (dual-type Pokemon can apparently go in either type) Pokemon that aren't normally found in X and Y can be in someone's safari. When you go in, it's a patch of grass, and you run around until you find the Pokemon you want!

If someone beats the champion of the Elite Four and then appears online in your friends list at least once (to give you the data of that) then a third Pokemon will appear in their safari! Also, you'll unlock hidden abilities on those Pokemon (previously dream world abilities). I'm not sure if your friend has to be online when you encounter the Pokemon in order for it to have a hidden ability, I haven't been able to find a clear answer on that and I haven't tested it yet.

Also! Pokemon in the friend safari are guaranteed to have two perfect IVs! (that's why Ditto safaris are in such high demand, plus Imposter Dittos being able to breed down hidden abilities now.)

Wow, that does sound kind of cool. Now I'm intrigued as to what type I am. According to the TCoD test I am Ice :sunglasses:

Well my little brother George is a Normal type. COME ON BRING ON THE DITTOS (the chances are astronomical, but there's a chance nonetheless)

Alas, my brother remains useless. Only Aipom and Minccino in here.

How do you see what type you are? Can you?

As far as I know, the only way to see your type is to ask someone else to check your safari out.

In other news, I caught Zygarde last night, with just one Dusk ball (it was at full hp and asleep). :B
I gotta say, it's EVEN MORE ADORABLE in motion. Just. Its animations are just really great and it's a PRETTY ALIEN WORM and I love it <3
I swore I'd pet it when I first saw the leaked image, and that's just what I did. Alien worms like poke puffs too. C:

As far as I know, the only way to see your type is to ask someone else to check your safari out.

In other news, I caught Zygarde last night, with just one Dusk ball (it was at full hp and asleep). :B
I gotta say, it's EVEN MORE ADORABLE in motion. Just. Its animations are just really great and it's a PRETTY ALIEN WORM and I love it <3
I swore I'd pet it when I first saw the leaked image, and that's just what I did. Alien worms like poke puffs too. C:

And yet Zygarde is, overall, weaker than Yveltal and Xerneas. Which is rather disappointing because it basically competes with Garchomp for the role of best Dragon/Ground Pokémon due to its rather low stats...

And yet Zygarde is, overall, weaker than Yveltal and Xerneas. Which is rather disappointing because it basically competes with Garchomp for the role of best Dragon/Ground Pokémon due to its rather low stats...

Zygarde has the same attack stat as Flygon and is slightly slower. And Garchomp's attack beats both by a lot.

so, I've been challenged to a friend to do a dragon monotype run of Y. Progress will undoubtedly be slow due to a bunch of outside reasons (and school), but I'll post the progress here. The challenge was to use the psuedo-legendary dragons (or close to them) available in X and Y (and I believe most to all of them are available) so the pokemon I'll be using are Haxorus, Salamence, Garchomp, Goodra, Dragonite, and Hydreigon

I can't find my first pokemon till connecting cave, so I'll use the starter till then (and probably avoid trainer battles so I can go back and train.) I'm really worried about the fairy type gym.

I have Flygon. It's one of my all-time favourite Pokémon. I just love it. I know Garchomp is a lot stronger, but I've always loved Flygon more.

Also, I found out yesterday about Zygarde being a 600 base stat legendary, which shocked me to say the least. Also, if Bulbapedia is to be believed, Xerneas and Yveltal have identical base stats. 'Sup with that?

Game: X
Player Name: Ryan
Player Nickname: Mohac
Badges: Eight
Time: 22:37
Poké Miles: 736
Pokédex: 231
Party:

{Sveirms} Male Greninja lvl. 63 @Mystic Water <Torrent>
-Extrasensory
-Substitute
-Water Shuriken
-Smack Down

{Arya Rose} Female Venusaur levl. 58 @Venusaurite <Overgrow>
-Double-Edge
-Sleep Powder
-Synthesis
-Petal Blizzard

{Kledbaer} Male Pangoro lvl. 58 <Iron Fist>
-Crunch
-Circle Throw
-Parting Shot
-Hammer Arm

Female Malamar lvl. 66 <Contrary>
-Superpower
-Foul Play
-Hypnosis
-Psycho Cut
Superpower/Contrary Malamar wrecks.

Male Aurorus lvl. 57 @Lucky Egg <Refrigerate>
-Ancient Power
-Nature Power
-Hail
-Avalanche

Male Blaziken lvl. 68 @Blazkenite <Speed Boost>
-Brave Bird
-Bulk Up
-Sky Uppercut
-Blaze Kick

Beat the league with these guys:

[Cleas] Greninja (M) Level 71
[Kurloz] Mr. Mime (M) Level 66
[Ignaid] Talonflame (M) Level 68 (Changed his nickname from Scuffle)
[T-Bone] Tyrantrum (M) Level 62
[Miro] Pangoro (M) Level 64
[Acero] Venusaur (M) Level 66

This wasn't exactly the team I was planning on, but I get attached easily. I've always liked Mr. Mime and I couldn't help putting it on my team because its animations were so loveable. It claps its hands and has a goofy smile! I keep forgetting about the fairy type though.

Probably gonna have a look at the post-game stuff tomorrow. I traded for some of my favourites, including Houndour, so yeah, wanna get that mega-stone for Houndoom, plus raise a few of my other favourites that didn't make it in my team. Like Dragalge, Trevenant, Goodra and Gourgeist.

Has anyone found other ways to get evolution stones besides Super Training and trading for them? Is there a way to unlock them in the stone emporium in Lumiose City? Thanks XD.:)

No, there's no other way to get more stones at Lumiose.

Right now I'm celebrating my becoming of a Grand Duke at the Battle Chateau. It took me WAY longer than I had hoped, but now I can finally abuse the Black Writ of Challenge. It costs a pretty penny to use, though... Ah well! Amulet Coin does stuff.

The fast way to get the Black Writ is to use the Silver Writ. I abused that writ so bad I think it may be dead LOLz.:)

Got Pokémon Y for Christmas. ABOUT TIME MOM.

I just beat the sixth gym. I guess Fairy is not very effective against Poison. Also, even though it is weak to Fairy attacks, Tyrantrum took a hit like a boss to finish off Mr. Mime.

Team:
Stare (Meowstic) M [Infiltrator] Lv. 44
Guardian (Golett) X [Klutz] Lv. 41
Eden (Venusaur) M [Overgrow] Lv. 44
Jaws (Tyrantrum) M [Strong Jaw] Lv. 44
Hadouken (Greninja) M [Torrent] Lv. 45
Blaziken (Blaziken) M [Speed Boost] Lv. 50

PC:
Ripley (Pansear) M [Gluttony] Lv. 8
Anora (Fletchling) F [Big Pecks] Lv. 6
Cykes (Abra) F [Synchronize] Lv. 11
Follow (Volbeat) M [Illuminate] Lv. 14
Sashimi (Inkay) F [Contrary] Lv. 14
Venomous (Seviper) M [Shed Skin] Lv. 14
Cruella (Mawile) F [Hyper Cutter] Lv. 15
Liana (Vivillon) F [Shield Dust] Lv. 22 {High Plains Pattern}
Surprise (Eevee) M [Adaptability] Lv. 21
Aurum (Lucario) M [Steadfast] Lv. 32
Siren (Lapras) F [Water Absorb] Lv. 30
Sprite (Floette) F [Flower Veil] Lv. 38
Royal Gummi (Goomy) M [Sap Sipper] Lv. 32

Last edited:
I am still waiting to get my X hard copy. I have the eshop one for now but did not get X hard copy for Xmas. May get it for my B day though XD.:)

Badges: 1

Team:
Goomy, Level 18
Honedge, Level 19
Noibat, Level 19
Trevenant, level 19 (Nodoubt hacked, but since I didn't hack it in I don't really care.)
Charmeleon, Level 19
Absol, Level 19

Kabuto, Duskull, Goomy, Ivysaur, Shuppet, Dratini, Gible, Amaura, Santa the Delibird, Goomy, Kirlia, Riolu, Chansey, Shuckle, Gabite, Vulpix, Torchic, Clefairy, Noctowl, Skrelp

Trevenant, level 19 (Nodoubt hacked, but since I didn't hack it in I don't really care.)
Phantump evolves into Trevenant via trade. I kind of doubt that's hacked since I'm not even sure if it's possible to trade non-legit pokemon yet.

Back
Top Bottom