• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I drink lemon juice

Phantom

Uh, I didn't do it.
What's the first thing you do when you start to feel sick? I'm talking nausea, sniffles, just over all feeling blah, how to you take care of yourself?

For me, well, I have a bit of a hard on for home remedies, so I have a quick cure all for everything if I just remember what works best with what symptom. Like sucking on a lemon, drinking ginger ale, that sort of thing to ease nausea. I also make Jell-O because that's what my mom used to make for me when I was a kid and was sick.

I'm terrible at reacting to feeling kind of sick. Usually I just continue whatever I'm doing until it's gotten too bad to ignore, which is a terrible idea. I get a lot of headaches that I know I could preempt or at least lessen if I just lay down and took a nap at the first sign of it but invariably I just go on computering until it's gotten really bad. Ugh. I'm trying to condition myself to respond better, though.

I'm terrible at reacting to feeling kind of sick. Usually I just continue whatever I'm doing until it's gotten too bad to ignore, which is a terrible idea. I get a lot of headaches that I know I could preempt or at least lessen if I just lay down and took a nap at the first sign of it but invariably I just go on computering until it's gotten really bad. Ugh. I'm trying to condition myself to respond better, though.

You know a way to avoid headaches is good hydration. A study found that most headaches were the result dehydration. Whenever I feel one coming on I drink a whole glass of water then lay down, like you said.

I get headaches a lot too.

I take my allergy medicine, because 9.8 times out of 10, that's what the problem is.

Water and food are definitely important if you feel really sick, though.

I COMPLAIN ABOUT IT IS WHAT I DO

then i drink a tonne of squash and then sleep.

It's probably one of the worst things to do but I drink fizzy drinks. My logic is that the fizz scratches my throat and will make it less sore.

Cough drops. If that doesn't work, cold medication or Ibuprofen. And water, of course, but that's slow-acting.

Me too. Sometimes I go to sleep earlier, but that's about as good as it gets.

(Complaining is also a thing. That is most of my response.)

I sleep. A lot. I've probably slept four times more than I typically do in the past week (I'm sick currently). I sleep in, I take naps, et cetera. Oh, and my naps are not pathetic cat naps like most people take. My naps consume most of the day. Lately, I've been sleeping for four or five hours and then waking up and being tired again within an hour. It's so strange.

mostly drink tea, especially ginger and chamomile, and quarantine myself in my room

and then hold shouting matches with my grandmother who really wants to help me get better and forgets she is frail and will suffer a cold 200% worse than I will and also refuses to believe I'm contagious

I also try to sleep but I'm bad at taking naps so I end up just playing a lot of video games or something

um I carry on and assume it's just allergies because it usually is until other people start getting sick around me

and then just carry on because at that point is not like there's much I can do oops

this is not the exact process but basically

Back
Top Bottom