• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

sorry, am unfamiliar with lingo. can you explain this to me?
Squirtle's first reaction to Vipera's claim was to speculate about what roles the mafia would have. Since mafia would know what roles the mafia would have, Squirtle is likely town unless he made this post intentionally to give this reaction.
If Squirtle legitimately believed Vipera's claim, it's sort of hard to believe they were so intentional on the other front.

Wondering about roles doesn't seem /that/ farfetched to me. Nobody's gonna claim to know about what other people's/alignments' roles, especially on just day 1. Just because they stuck "mafia" in front doesn't make him any more or less suspicious to me.
Aaaand I don't really have any further thoughts because they got lost between reading all 34 pages of thread. I'll try going back and keeping notes from here on. '-'

Wondering about roles doesn't seem /that/ farfetched to me. Nobody's gonna claim to know about what other people's/alignments' roles, especially on just day 1. Just because they stuck "mafia" in front doesn't make him any more or less suspicious to me.
his read less "oh wow! i wonder what roles are out there, oh boy! (hehehe ...)" and more "what the fuck" which makes me agree with seshas' read

Aaaand I don't really have any further thoughts because they got lost between reading all 34 pages of thread. I'll try going back and keeping notes from here on. '-'
Is there anything that happened that you think is important at all, even if it's not necessarily like a "thought" or anything useful to say? Like what were some things that you remember from reading?

I'm wondering because it feels a bit like you know stuff that's happening in the thread in a way that doesn't match up with your actual thread presence and I'm trying to figure out how I should feel about it. Like that you did read VM's claim before and waved it off, and that you're aware that I suggested lynching someone who hasn't been online for a while, but at the same time you don't have any further thoughts.

I guess I won't mind if i do get offed right away. In fact, oh yeah, I forgot to mention another part of my role: I learn the name of all the mafia members on N1, and I also have unlimited daytime vigilante kills. Would be a real shame if something were to happen to me tonight~

tbh i got about as far as you did and then went "oh. it's a shitpost"

- it seemed like it was in response to how outlandish vm's claim was (as otter apparently didn't initially realize it was a joke)

I'm confused by how we know if VM is joking or not? Is it because his role seems overpowered in addition to having the universal backup, or did I miss something else?

He's joking--in the same post where he says he can't handle the pace of the game, he posts an outlandishly overpowered roleclaim that has nothing to do with his previous claims. He was essentially claiming "I'm out, please kill me."

I think it's kind of great that VM's managed to cause so much wild stuff to happen already in this game, and I think entirely unintentionally? Like, I'm pretty sure he didn't intend for anybody to take his claim seriously.

I'm confused by how we know if VM is joking or not? Is it because his role seems overpowered in addition to having the universal backup, or did I miss something else?
lol he was just saying that because he wanted to be killed n1.

I'm not sure how I can further explain how knowing who all the mafia are and being able to kill them all immediately is literally just like, god

[a short essay on Keldeo]
Thanks for putting into words what I could not. I fully subscribe to this read.

that seems like a really weird thing to scum read him for to me, why not do the same to like the half dozen people who have actually barely posted
I see barely posting more like a sign of laziness and/or disinterest than a sign of being scum. Ech, maybe I’m being naïve.

also idk if this is still a topic of discourse but i also want to like, formally take back the shade i briefly threw on kyeugh last night. i was kind of 🤔 because the way it read to me she cast suspicion on seshas without (i thought) any rationale/i kind of felt like it was a reach and i read her early explanation as a bit of an awk backpedal

but after sleeping on it and reading back through her justification and eifie talking about it after the fact i'm a bit more comforted now
So do I. I guess I just didn’t know you (qva) enough, or just was way too overran by shock and drowsiness.

fr though do we actually have any ideas other than "kill the inactive, shrug"
Talking about the inactive: I just sent @Odie_Pie an email. I hope she reads it. It would be a pity to kill off for ghosting a person who has a higher chance to be town.

Or maybe their role doesn’t allow talking during the day? Who knows…

The vote is because he wanted to test it during this day, which is exactly what mafia would want to make sure they don't get baited on the nightkill.
it feels a bit like you know stuff that's happening in the thread in a way that doesn't match up with your actual thread presence and I'm trying to figure out how I should feel about it. Like that you did read VM's claim before and waved it off, and that you're aware that I suggested lynching someone who hasn't been online for a while, but at the same time you don't have any further thoughts.
Holy fucking shit, what an insight. I can’t unsee that now. I shall vote Ottercopter as well.

Back
Top Bottom