• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I saw the fabled "oops" gif, too, and was like, uh oh, did Butterfree realize something unfortunate about her setup? :P
XenForo's media feature just asks for a link with no further elaboration, and I gave it one of the several links Giphy offered to me, which then apparently turned out not to be the link XenForo wanted okay

(I should have just used a regular img tag but I was like hey the new forum software has a media tag, let's try it)

discussing the possibility that Jack’s death is a forgery, the speculation about Seshas being infiltrated in the mafia and now people seriously believing that VM’s obvious outtake was a roleclaim,

inb4 these are all right somehow, causing Butterfree to laugh even more at our expense

idk about kyeugh but I kind of wondered if the "I can't unsee it" might be a disproportionate reaction to what is a kind of meh and not necessarily scum-indicative thing. I'm too lazy to look into it tbh. peasants, do the work for me.

Okay, just went through the thread again including my bad read of VM's joke claim, yuck, but I still don't have any insights that someone else hasn't already said. I don't even really know how to defend myself besides just that I'm a natural lurker and I don't like to post unless I have something that could further the conversation.
Offtopic example, but I've been part of tCoD for well over a decade by now and I can recite a lot of things I remember, but I doubt anyone would be able to say much they remember about me. Hell, i was shocked when I first heard that Eifie remembered me from playing Mafia. I'll try and post more if that clears suspicion, but mostly reading and not actually contributing isn't new for me.

I guess I don't like that Seshas said we should lynch someone day 1 when there wasn't much to go by a while back? But they're also voting for me right now, so I have plenty of incentive to say that.

idk about kyeugh but I kind of wondered if the "I can't unsee it" might be a disproportionate reaction to what is a kind of meh and not necessarily scum-indicative thing. I'm too lazy to look into it tbh. peasants, do the work for me.
I lost track, where did "I can't unsee it" come from?

Okay, just went through the thread again including my bad read of VM's joke claim, yuck, but I still don't have any insights that someone else hasn't already said. I don't even really know how to defend myself besides just that I'm a natural lurker and I don't like to post unless I have something that could further the conversation.
Offtopic example, but I've been part of tCoD for well over a decade by now and I can recite a lot of things I remember, but I doubt anyone would be able to say much they remember about me. Hell, i was shocked when I first heard that Eifie remembered me from playing Mafia. I'll try and post more if that clears suspicion, but mostly reading and not actually contributing isn't new for me.

I guess I don't like that Seshas said we should lynch someone day 1 when there wasn't much to go by a while back? But they're also voting for me right now, so I have plenty of incentive to say that.
I think it's okay if you don't feel you have much original content to add, if you just kind of like posts you agree with (as in the actual Like button) and chime in when you can that seems cool. I'm actually really enjoying what the emoji reactions add to the game :p I think it's pretty useful to Like posts you agree with just to give people a sort of idea of where you are.

re: your other post, I was referring to what rari_teh posted when they voted you:

Holy fucking shit, what an insight. I can’t unsee that now. I shall vote Ottercopter as well.

I think I didn’t express myself properly. When I first read Ottercopter’s reaction to VM’s outtake, I didn’t think much of it – it was just odd/amusing that the joke flew above her head. But then in came Seshas with that analysis that made sense of the whole situation with such logic that now I can’t believe in any other explanation. If Otter’s been lurking through the whole thing and didn’t bat an eye to pretty much anything, but suddenly got that defensive over the ridiculous “claim” of the existence of a severely OP townie, demanding immediate proof of it, the only plausible explanation would be that 1. she’s a mafiosa and 2. there’s no mafia counterpart to VM’s fake OP townie, because of course there’s no such thing.

I'll try and post more if that clears suspicion, but mostly reading and not actually contributing isn't new for me.
There’s no need to not be yourself. Not posting isn’t suspicious – at least not by my standards, but I doubt that someone disagrees. Panini and RNP barely posted and nobody’s talking about them being mafia. What is suspicious is your sudden high reaction to a misinterpreted joke of that caliber.

What is suspicious is your sudden high reaction to a misinterpreted joke of that caliber.
I mean, if M&F (who posted quite a bit and isn’t particularly suspicious by my standards) had the same reaction you had, I (and Seshas, I suppose) would be voting for them.

fwiw i can't find it now but rari_teh has responded in similar ways to any mildly interesting or against-the-grain read
I guess I don't like that Seshas said we should lynch someone day 1 when there wasn't much to go by a while back?
i'm not very mafia-experienced but i'm under the impression that a) seshas' Homeland plays faster games of mafia than we do haha and b) it at least speeds up process of elimination. i understand not feeling similarly but i think it's not a very sus mindset, at least from where i stand right now

despite what i said above, i do feel a little odd about it and am uncomfortable with the vote placement, but i also was kind of weirded out that kyeugh says this after having placed a vote against seshas with maybe less (transparent?) rationale*

* i know this was later explained as a pressurizing vote, but it wasn't initially billed as such

god i'm so sorry that i'm now quadposting, but my paragraph from my last post didn't go through fsr. second bit was meant to say

idk if i read it that sinisterly tbqh. maybe i'm just sympathetic because i have a complex about not being active/having enough insight to keep up in mafia, which it sounded like otter maybe also shared, so i can kind of believe that she just lurked until she eventually decided not to. and i didn't feel it was a huge "high reaction" so much as an attempt to defuse what she maybe saw as a tense moment. but.... maybe i'm just being too nice

Back
Top Bottom