• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

hmm... i'll go with stryke for now but mark my words any-non suspicious behavoir from stryke or suspicious behavoir from mawile and i'm back to mawile.

Maybe I need to take a closer look to re-evaluate how much he fits what I have thought up as his town mould vs his scum mould but
I think Keldeo tends to make a lot of questions as either alignment - what I was more getting at is that those are more performative when he's scum and he cares about the answers considerably less. It's like filler that looks investigative but ultimately doesn't reveal a lot where as I think if the things he's asking about he seems to be more genuinely motivated to know that's a better look for him?
It's hard to verbalise and it's going to sound kind of dumb to put it this way but I got what you mean by "RPing Newcomb" lol and I think there's a grain of truth to that.

Also Keldeo handing my ass to me last invitational doesn't really make me more likely to catch him this early so I'm not going to deny I don't feel that committal about it and probably won't until we have some flips and interactions to look at. Until then I'm just making my best stab at vibes and holding him at arms length until we get to that point - that's the whole reason the paranoia section is the paranoia section
thank you so much for putting it into words holy shit

the thing that first started bugging me about Keldeo is that, while asking questions a lot is what he does as town, there's persistently been something off about his approach in this game, and I think that's just it

(Sorry if I seem like I'm grumping, I'm having a bad day. Y'all don't deserve my grumps though :((( sorry)
pat pat

anyways, I also accept the Stryke wagon, although I'll only hop on if I deem it necessary

at some point seemingly most of the active posters had you two in their scum leans and when you showed up and made a few big posts that all disappeared so yeah it looks pretty :unsure: :unsure: to me

I already said that there's zero way to tell if someone stops posting because they have irl or just don't feel like playing or if they just feel like the heat is off them now but I can't just ignore everything that raises my eyebrows because of that
Yeah I mean it's fine for you to make the observation and I recognize those two things outwardly look the same. I'm just also not going to go without saying my piece on it.

hmm, okay. are there like particular posts you can point to that you think we're genuinely motivated in this game? or something you can think of off the top of your head?

a lot of people are suspecting him right now, do you have any thoughts on that?
God to answer this properly I'd have to like dig through because it's more of a concurrent thought than something in particular. I guess maybe the most exemplative would be something like Keldeo and mewtini's exchange on page 42? I just think it's a good conversation and I kind of like the blip in Keldeo's kyeugh progression during it

Weirdish feels about kyeugh's push on Seshas, specifically a bit confused about how she connects the ideas of "Seshas is not more likely to be MI than an 'infiltrator' role", "I want Seshas to explain themself more", and "I think Seshas has been hiding some of their information." Maybe it'll click more for me as I keep reading.
Actually, nvm, how kyeugh explained that does make sense to me, if you connect the first/third points and second/third points separately. I guess she was just being a bit indirect about wanting Seshas to explain their info?
Kinda meh on most of my reads tbh, but I have townreads that I feel some amount of good about on like 10 people, and that's fair enough for d1. Eifie, I know you were concerned about townreading people who were posting, but also I feel like high postcount ~= town is somewhat valid for TCoDf d1s, taking into account that this is an atypical TCoDf d1.

Not being sure about kyeugh's push on Rari is not actually a correct representation of my thoughts. I think I like her overall.

As well as that I think he's forming more questions like: [Question][statement of own opinion before the answer comes]

Oh, Eifie, I definitely don't think kokorico's read on me was opportunistic because e asked the question about whether we were actually masons (indicating that e was trying to get a read on me, imo) way before Rari expressed their suspicion on me. I don't know if having the read itself makes em towny per se, but maybe that buttresses your thoughts?

Tell me more about why mewtini is pocketing you? I think I'm maybe townreading her too but it's, like, literally all tone and she seems participatory and trying to figure stuff out.
I'll make a big post in like... an hour, I don't want to spam the thread with my responses while catching up.

Can you refresh me on your Herbe probably town read? I felt like he was more engaged in the early game, which is fine but my vague good feels on him are waning a little. I do like the continuity in his read on Seshas when he pointed it out to kyeugh.

I think these are both pretty weak reasons though tbh and all I could think of off the top? so I guess I can see how others might be interpreting it the opposite way? It's kind of a blurry line to draw because I think the biggest thing is do I think the overall cadence is read-question-read-question or question-question-question-read. And overall I think Keldeo is more genuinely interacting with others than talking to himself so I think the former rather than the latter?

I'm not that interested in persuing it today but I don't think it's a scummy conclusion to come up with the opposite read on him based on what he's doing is what I'm trying to say

Panini, you and MF seem to be arriving at opposite conclusions on me based on the same description of my scum game. It would be interesting to see you two talk about that.

You said you felt neutral on Mawile in your read wall. Have you gotten the chance to reread him?

Panini, you and MF seem to be arriving at opposite conclusions on me based on the same description of my scum game. It would be interesting to see you two talk about that.

You said you felt neutral on Mawile in your read wall. Have you gotten the chance to reread him?
That was next on my to do list. And like yeah, I guess it wasn't clear that I think you embody the more pointed mode than the fillery mode but my thoughts are right up there on that so there's not that much more I think I could provide off the cuff. Maybe I just have a less holistic view and that's why everyone feels like
it's considerably more off than I think it is? The more we talk about it the more I feel uncertain and skimming back through when Eifie asked me to pick out actual examples made me realise there was less I could actually point to than I thought there would be.

Mawile's next on my to do list since that seems to be a big discussion today

ftr I skimmed the vast majority of toDay and don't think I'll have time to get caught up so I'll be jumping around for a bit.

I just remembered Mr. Ultracool is a player and I think I'm mentally putting him / serimachi / etc. in a tier like, a little above Odie. Haven't been here today but kinda liked something they did day 1 or something. I think they would be pretty low-info options and wouldn't really want to go for one of them today.

I mean, there isn't a whole lot I can do, since me not talking gives people bad vibes and me talking also gives people bad vibes.
I think you should still talk even if you think it'll give people bad vibes! If you're town, not talking doesn't give anyone the chance to reevaluate on you or figure you out.

I’m really afraid of lynching another townie, but I’m not keen on changing votes at the moment. Depending on the size of the strykewagon I may hop, though.

(Sorry if I seem like I'm grumping, I'm having a bad day. Y'all don't deserve my grumps though :((( sorry)
You didn’t come off as grumpy at all for me. I hope your day gets better ^^
Panini: makes post
me, every single time: sorry I'm sorry how could I suspect such a wholesome sandwich I'm trying to remove it

no the joke isn't old yet
This joke will never get old to me :D

lynching town is scary but ultimately it's pretty much inevitable in mafia and if we always temper our suspicions because we're scared we'll never get anywhere

trust me pushing Panini and M&F has been very scary for me. it's ok, chase your dreams! or like. whatever.

Eifie, I'll get on MF thoughts for you, is there anything else you want to bounce around? Also, dogs in mason chat. Also, I didn't realize that was a reference and I was in that game lol.

My strong townreads earlier are all pretty much for appearing solvy and engaged with the thread, attempting to get people to go in useful directions, taking initiative in attempting to sort people - this last one is especially for mewtini, who I remember having this like restless energy around sorting the neutrals. If she's alive late and her hitrate is low I'll reevaluate, but like.

Even if she weren't my mason partner Eifie is blindingly town for meta reasons. I was worried I'd just let her coast off having a blindingly towny d1 when based on her thread presence she might be a target for mafia recruit actions if there are any, but tbh don't get paranoid about her unless like, her activity falls off a cliff and she stops making jokes.

I don't remember what all kyeugh has done today but I remember liking her EOD yesterday, especially if Otter is town. I'm also like totally TRing rari specifically for their comment about their CSV, change my mind.

Seshas and Indigo are more like towny roleclaims d1 and I'll let them coast for it. Indigo has continued to be pure today, tbh.

Also Eifie, is it a productive avenue for me to try to puzzle out flavor / Am I A God / that stuff, or has that ground been tread? I skimmed most of the talk about that.

Back
Top Bottom