• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

I'm confused by how we know if VM is joking or not? Is it because his role seems overpowered in addition to having the universal backup, or did I miss something else?
Joking? You think I'm joking? My claim was 100% serious, and you know what? Having just consulted my role PM again... I see now that I also get the irl bank account details of all players in the mafia, starting on N1! Can't believe I missed that...

Joking? You think I'm joking? My claim was 100% serious, and you know what? Having just consulted my role PM again... I see now that I also get the irl bank account details of all players in the mafia, starting on N1! Can't believe I missed that...
VM three hours from now said:
Alright, so upon re-reading my role, it says that I actually get the irl bank account details of all the members of the mafia as the second night phase begins. Guess that means any speculation about my awesome, sexy powers was a colossal waste of time. Whoops.

I'll make a big post in like... an hour, I don't want to spam the thread with my responses while catching up.

Can you refresh me on your Herbe probably town read? I felt like he was more engaged in the early game, which is fine but my vague good feels on him are waning a little. I do like the continuity in his read on Seshas when he pointed it out to kyeugh.

Catchup part 1:

The way IndigoEmmy went about claiming is still super pure, even not considering the fact that Mysterious Informants from the last game were town (afaik?)

Do you suggest that we should claim? I'd probably be capable of pulling that off without harming town too much, too...
Mm, kinda like the concern for town in this Ultracool post, although this is a quite thin read. Would still like to hear more from him.

I'm with Eifie on this actually
Odie_Pie
Herbe, can you tell me more about this vote, you also brought inactives up a little earlier iirc? Also any thoughts on recent events, opting to play Animal Crossing instead of mafia is extremely understandable, haha.

Well… I didn’t want to say anything because my suspicion might not have passed through the mafiosi’s heads, and if it’s true and they find out, the player in question would be boned… Though now I have a better explanation for that, so I might as well say everything.
[quote of mawile post saying that he's suspicious of Seshas because their info seemed more limited than Indigo's]
Maybe IndigoEmmy was more eager to share what she knows, maybe Seshas’s informant powers are more limited, if that makes any kind of sense. For all we know, Emmy could be playing 4D chess and claiming to be a Mysterious Informant using recycled information from the last game to be seen as an obvious townie (to be clear: this is just me stating a remote yet concrete possibility. I almost fully believe that Emmy is indeed a MI vanilla townie).
These are fairly pure thoughts from Rari, I think - the second post in particular has this nice combination of like, out-there speculation plus diffusing Mawile's suspicion on Seshas, which they could've allowed to continue. (I thought Mawile's explanation of their suspicion there was fine.) I haven't gotten to the voting reasoning discussion yet, didn't really understand that in real time.

Negrek's treatment of the Seshas situation is pretty reasonable, which isn't like blindingly towny but I like it. I also still like her claim, though less so than VM. re: this from kokorico, which I missed initially -
I think M&F has it right when they said Negrek's claim was way more plausible than VM's. Negrek is now basically locked into telling us the tropes of everyone who dies, because not doing so would seem suspicious. If he were lying, then all it would take is a single rolecop somewhere in the town to guarantee he would slip up eventually. So it would be either an exceptionally stupid thing to do, or a magnificent bluff.
I wasn't saying she was lying about her role - I was thinking it wouldn't be that far-fetched for her role, in a vacuum, to be real but also be on mafia. But in context, I feel like mafia Negrek might also want to keep her role and her role's info to herself / promote confusion by letting people continue to think something weird happened with Jack's life status.

Weirdish feels about kyeugh's push on Seshas, specifically a bit confused about how she connects the ideas of "Seshas is not more likely to be MI than an 'infiltrator' role", "I want Seshas to explain themself more", and "I think Seshas has been hiding some of their information." Maybe it'll click more for me as I keep reading.

Actually, nvm, how kyeugh explained that does make sense to me, if you connect the first/third points and second/third points separately. I guess she was just being a bit indirect about wanting Seshas to explain their info?

Hello! I am here! Sorry I said I'd be more active earlier tonight but things in meatspace happened and I haven't had a laptop in my hands till now (and dear God I refuse to do mafia posts on my phone. my eyes and fingers don't work that way.)

I agree that I was more engaged in the early game I think,,, I think it's because I feel a lot more comfortable arguing/discussing mech things than reads. To put it on the table, I feel kinda timid about going hard after people based on reads and feelings d1, since I'm inexperienced and I know somehow I'm gonna fuck it up of course. Also.... there were significantly less moving parts earlier in the game...

I actually relate to mewtini a lot in this game, although I know I should probably be posting As Much as her for that to hold weight! also: I should really start taking notes! All these damn names floating around. Once I get some notes typed up (which... will probably be on things moving forward, and not necessarily retroactively unless I find time for that) then I'll post them if they make any sense/would be helpful, and aren't too unintelligible.

Uhhhhh, my Thoughts: (it's been a couple hours since I caught myself up, so apologies if I've said things already hashed)
Was otter's post kinda cagey? Yes. And I think seshas's take on it is entirely plausible. I don't necessarily want to lynch on "cagey" d1, though. rari went kinda ham on it and while that does make me uncomfortable, my gut doesn't say it's malicious. I don't think aggressive play necessarily equals scum. Otter's cageyness is useful information going forward, but (and maybe this is my non-confrontational coming out) I don't want to jump her ass immediately.

On my vote on odie_pie, well, worst case is we lynch an inactive town, who isn't helping us anyway other than having +1 in our numbers (they're not using their possibly good role by using night actions/discussing and helping town or offering their thoughts.) Which is obviously not ideal!! But I'm okay with that worst case, since mislynching is always a probability, yeah? Best case: assuming there are like, what, 5 or 6 mafia (iirc what someone said about the usual ratios earlier in the thread) then we take out 1/5 or 1/6 of the mafia. Even an inactive mafia is an essential boost to their numbers, so it's more important to them than it is to us. If taking out inactive players is more of a bad thing for town than I think, pleaseeeee let me know, this is just my best guess of the situation. Let Me Be Better At This Game Please

Seshas said something in the last... 800 posts... about it being important to lynch d1 even purely for process of elimination, or someone said something about abstaining after 800 pages of discussion being quite dissappointing, and yeah... I really respect seshas's play style right now, even if it is culturally more "aggressive" than I'm used to. Call me pocketed but I trust them. (am I using that word correctly?)

My strongest townreads right now are seshas and mewtini fwiw. Keldeo, I have like... 80% good vibes from you (I'm a sucker for long, well thought out contributions) but I know how damn good you are at mafia so obv I'm worried about you pulling the wool over my eyes hypothetically, if you were scum. But like I said, 80% good vibes. We're cool.

If you have anything else you want to ask me/want to know from me let me know!! :> im trying to be a little helperman

Oh! Also I wanted to give fair warning that my "spring break" is about to end monday and I'm going back to having online school from monday to like. the 24th ish. So I might decrease just the slightest in activity. Or maybe I'll increase because I'll use this to procrastinate!!! Who knows!!!!

To put it on the table, I feel kinda timid about going hard after people based on reads and feelings d1, since I'm inexperienced and I know somehow I'm gonna fuck it up of course. Also.... there were significantly less moving parts earlier in the game...

I actually relate to mewtini a lot in this game, although I know I should probably be posting As Much as her for that to hold weight! also: I should really start taking notes! All these damn names floating around.
the first sentence is how i felt as this whole thing started ha!! this is still my first True Game :x and i have inactive-flagging anxiety so i'm just talking too damn much. more relatedly, i'm probably going to be going back and taking notes/maybe ?!?!bigposting!?!? in the next little while, who knows, the night (2) is (:03) young (am).

doing the classic Things I Agree With, Things I Don't deal:
But in context, I feel like mafia Negrek might also want to keep her role and her role's info to herself / promote confusion by letting people continue to think something weird happened with Jack's life status.
If taking out inactive players is more of a bad thing for town than I think, pleaseeeee let me know, this is just my best guess of the situation. Let Me Be Better At This Game Please
lol me too bro. i've also been pro-inactive lynching during this thread but it was under exactly this assumption, so uh, someone lmk! thanks in adv!
I don't necessarily want to lynch on "cagey" d1, though. rari went kinda ham on it and while that does make me uncomfortable, my gut doesn't say it's malicious.
Otter's cageyness is useful information going forward, but (and maybe this is my non-confrontational coming out) I don't want to jump her ass immediately.

and then i found out after this that not much was said that i didn't agree with p much immediately, except (and i'm sorry to dig this back up in the recap phase)
Actually, nvm, how kyeugh explained that does make sense to me, if you connect the first/third points and second/third points separately.
i still am ever so slightly :|a about what happened during that whole ordeal. idk if you're still going back (obviously don't worry about it in that case) but can you elaborate on this part a bit more?

(and dear God I refuse to do mafia posts on my phone. my eyes and fingers don't work that way.)
Ah, a fellow man of culture, I see *swishes glass of brandy*

I feel kinda timid about going hard after people based on reads and feelings d1, since I'm inexperienced and I know somehow I'm gonna fuck it up of course.
Lesson learned…

Best case: assuming there are like, what, 5 or 6 mafia (iirc what someone said about the usual ratios earlier in the thread) then we take out 1/5 or 1/6 of the mafia. Even an inactive mafia is an essential boost to their numbers, so it's more important to them than it is to us.
I hadn’t thought things from that perspective. Hm.

Lesson learned…
ftr i (at least personally) had no issue with you raising issue during ottertime! i think especially at this juncture it's valuable to hear from everyone. in my case i was concerned w/keeping the peace in that moment but it would be kind of sad imo if you didn't let us know about future gut feelings/logic reads ;(

Back
Top Bottom