• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

just signing off: i've officially gotten through everything but i think the main points brought up during the second half of the thread were the 2 voting dramas, so i'm going to actually go to sleep at the green-eared hour of 5:50am and actually compile everything tomorrow :D

aha, weaklings! I'm about to make a long post on mobile, and I'll link to TV tropes the entire time I do it!

... don't mind me not putting any quotes on this post btw

wrt activity in general: I feel it's worth pointing out that, although a relative dearth of engagement can be scummy, a high level of engagement as mafia... well, it can be very risky, but there are some crucial rewards at stake for the ones who pursue it. deflecting blame from a scumbuddy, or distancing oneself from one to earn Townie Points... not to mention that speculating on town's power roles and hunting for third-parties is very much in a mafiosx's interest (much as I hate to say it because I'll do the former out of sheer nerdy curiosity anyway)

which is all to say, careful about townreading someone just because they contribute! gotta make sure their contributions are helping town, too. although this is certainly something far easier to examine in the long-term; right now, lynching ostensibly useful posters sure seems less appealling than offing inactives

speaking of, I can't remember what prompted me thinki ng about it now, but I was thinking it'd be hilarious and adorable if it turned out mewtini and herbe were mafia together rn. like, I'd still lynch them both but I'd hate to,

wrt IndigoEmmy -- the impression I got is that she was being coy with her info because she was roleplaying the part of Mysterious Informant as given to her, and frankly I'm not sure why no one else seems to have arrived at that conclusion earlier!

wrt I Liek Squirtles -- I'll need to refreshen up on the fabled derpclear, but otherwise, I do have to point I've seen more activity from him in other games where he was town. again, this sort of thing can come with either a scummy explanation or a neutral one, but it Sure Is

Ohh, that makes sense wrt IndigoEmmy, haha.

MF, is there anyone who’s particularly active who you don’t think has been very towny? I think it’s good to keep in mind that activity =/= town but I feel like I’ve got decent reasons for townreading some of the people who have been more around.

Also your power level in linking to TV Tropes from mobile... I shudder to think of your Charged Attack!

i think the stuff about emmy is reaching

to answer your questions keldeo: i was fairly sure seshas was either mi or infiltrator, neither of which are scum

i need to reread to get a better grasp on kokorico but you are definitely in my town pile and the only thing i can remember em doing at all rn is posting an imo pretty bad take on you so that’s not really a good look. but idk that it’s necessarily scummy. will need to take another look at it. my intent with the post you’re referring to was to disagree with er take though, not to shade them

Also your power level in linking to TV Tropes from mobile... I shudder to think of your Charged Attack!
this isn't even my final form!

I was more making an advertence than anything, since I feel like some of the recent reads have been veering into the direction of "I'm townreading x for being active and helpful"; it'll be a lot easier to determine who's actually being helpful on the long run for sure, I'd just be wary of letting people Score Points now when it's muddier. (fwiw I did voice my tentative skepticism of your activity in particular; I guess your more recent posts feel more like your usual self though, so hmmmmmmmmmmmm.)

oh yeah, I also completely forgot to post about this earlier, but -- we sure didn't continue the cop cover thing for very long, huh?

Keldeo I'm masons with you and a cop. Come on dude.

idk why I tried to read the thread when I just want to go back to sleep

I'm going to completely ignore any IndigoEmmy stuff because come on guys. she's obviously town lol.

I had double digit notifications when I woke up and half of them were Keldeo haha-ing my posts

Keldeo asked about my Herbe read and yeah I was also losing confidence because he stopped posting and then he came back and posted some stuff and I'm fine again

he also said at some point that activity tends to correlate with being town on tcodf and like yeah cool but missing just one mafia means we lose, so. but idc much about that right now anyway I don't need to be 100% correct on d1

I can't believe Herbe doesn't townread me smh I am offended 😤

also @rari_teh nooo don't say lesson learned, I appreciate all your posts. please just post how you feel like posting. it's our job to read you correctly.

@Boquise whenever we're on the phone and you ask what I'm up to and I say "haha totally nothing haha" the actual answer is "playing the mafia game that I can't talk to you about out of thread" so come play plzzzzz

i think the stuff about emmy is reaching
I'm going to completely ignore any IndigoEmmy stuff because come on guys. she's obviously town lol.
hoping this doesn't come off as a backpedal but yeah, now that i've ... slept i'm reading back now and definitely am a lot less interested in the train of thought i had going than i was when i was talking about it lmfao. idk. i know it's day one but the impatient part of me is depressed that there aren't any scumreads ;( so i'm like, nonkek sorry for kind of wasting everyone's reading time on that bit. :T

i am wondering if anyone had thoughts on what i said about ils though, aside from what mf said

wrt IndigoEmmy -- the impression I got is that she was being coy with her info because she was roleplaying the part of Mysterious Informant as given to her, and frankly I'm not sure why no one else seems to have arrived at that conclusion earlier!
tbh i think when i made this claim with seshas it was kind of unpopular (in retrospect, that was for other reasons) so fsr i conflated them and then i kind of discarded it when i was In Thought last night
wrt I Liek Squirtles -- I'll need to refreshen up on the fabled derpclear, but otherwise, I do have to point I've seen more activity from him in other games where he was town. again, this sort of thing can come with either a scummy explanation or a neutral one, but it Sure Is
can you talk more about this? i don't really know anything about anyone's game and i think this one is skewed because of how quickly we've moved within less than a day so maybe i'm just misreading. but if i've counted right he's made 7 posts so far: two of them are just "i'm alive/not caught up yet" posts, and the rest fall into the type that i talked about

can you talk more about this? i don't really know anything about anyone's game and i think this one is skewed because of how quickly we've moved within less than a day so maybe i'm just misreading. but if i've counted right he's made 7 posts so far: two of them are just "i'm alive/not caught up yet" posts, and the rest fall into the type that i talked about
oh. i misread mf's original post (thought it was implying ils' play was more consistent with town), whoops

personally I don't find it useful to make activity reads compared to previous games on anyone who isn't used to games of moderate activity level like this one. the people in this game that are accustomed to games of at least this activity level are like... me, Keldeo, kyeugh sort of?, Mist1422, Seshas I assume, Boquise, and Panini. I think I got everyone?

oh yeah someone said something about rari_teh using nicknames and I've definitely said both "RNP" and "qva" this game, the latter multiple times, although idk the timelines of when I said them and when rari_teh did

personally I don't find it useful to make activity reads compared to previous games on anyone who isn't used to games of moderate activity level like this one. the people in this game that are accustomed to games of at least this activity level are like... me, Keldeo, kyeugh sort of?, Mist1422, Seshas I assume, Boquise, and Panini. I think I got everyone?

(and in all these cases the games to compare to would not be on tcodf)

@Mist1422, why'd you ask about these people (rari, kyeugh, serimachi) in specific? Do you have a further read on that group / what's your read on mewtini and Herbe? Do you have any other thoughts you'd like to share?
I was getting better gut vibes off of mewtini and herbe

that’s pretty much it

this is the paraphrased pm that emmy posted:
IndigoEmmy said:
I am yet another Mysterious Informant. My power is Expospeak, and I can tell that there are magic doctors and Nanomachine using doctors. The two sides don't get along.
but it doesn't really seem to match her grammatical style which made me briefly go into Conspirator Mode and wonder if she typed it herself but then again she might've just been really careful? lol
but it doesn't really seem to match her grammatical style which made me briefly go into Conspirator Mode and wonder if she typed it herself but then again she might've just been really careful? lol

Alright then here's a better way to phrase that.

lel i'm a Spooky wooky mysterious informant. I speak in exospeak, and the spooky magic doctor and the nanobot machines doctor and they don't like eachother much.

now that i actually have some written notes, i think i'm just going to post my pseudotier list at this point - esp because i'm concerned that my 5am posts made it look like my reads changed a bit more than they actually did. these are maybe in order for the most part, trying to do this on some sort of gradient (so higher overall, but it's d1 muddy in a few places (there's not much difference between the bottom half of maybe-town and the tier below it other than "i inexplicably felt like putting them there"). also i fell hard into the active/inactive bias, oops

town probably? mostly ranked
  • seshas (partly by roleclaim)
  • herbe
  • emmy (partly by roleclaim)
  • kyeugh
  • vm (partly by roleclaim. also, unclear but i don't think matters much in either direction, since iirc he kind of forfeited, right?)
  • rari
  • eif
  • negrek (liked her at first and haven't seen much of lately)
town, maybe? sort of ranked, muddy in the middle
  • keldeo (toss up between these top lists)
  • kokorico
  • mr. ultracool (true neutral read. active enough, hasn't said a lot but seems like a newer player)
  • serimachi (mostly neutral read; i liked the tone of their initial post suspecting eifie but imo it could have ultimately not meant as much as i thought it did back then. also they haven't said anything since post 246, despite having been online a lot more recently than that)
  • mist (also mostly neutral read, just haven't seen very much from them; has solicited opinions once which was cool but i don't think i've seen more than that. though they also turned up mechclear in eifie's list, unsure where that came from?)
  • mawile
  • ils (for reasons described, toss up between this list and the one below)
don't really know what to think sort of ranked but not really, muddier in the middle as well
[ps half of these are just for inactivity, or for not giving info
that i thought was substantial (relatively, anyway), so grain
of salt tbh since a lot of these guys r probably just overwhelmed]

• mf (high in this tier just for being active, this is also a toss up categorization for me)
  • boquise (kinda same as serimachi but with more activity and without seri's towny entrance)
  • panini
  • stryke (4 posts, none substantive, has been recently active)
  • odie_pie (0 posts)
  • flora (2 posts, early game/during setup)
  • rnp (3 posts, none substantive)
already ranked but i like their trope skill
  • mf
  • ok there was someone else who was supposed to be here but i forget who it was
DEFINITELY scum!!1!1
  • [/hide]
  • [/img
  • the girl reading this </3

I'm a little bit lost and think I need to go back and re-read to figure out why we're all suddenly FoSing rari_teh, among other things, but I can reply to some of the things directly addressed at me.

@rari_teh and @kokorico both said that my later posting had them feeling better about me so I'm interested to hear what they mean by that / what made them think so, because my own perception is that I got less engaged later on.

For my part, actually that decrease in engagement was what made you seem more towny. To clarify, it's not making little contribution that I find/found suspicious, it's making little contribution while also posting a lot (even excluding jokes). (Since she expressed confusion that I wasn't going after actual inactives, I think kyeugh also misunderstood this distinction.)

Also IIRC you were one of the first people to voice your support for obvtown IndigoEmmy (in the same message you explained you and Eifie weren't really masons), even before people twigged her role, which seems an oddly specific limb to go out on if you were mafia.

I wasn't saying she was lying about her role - I was thinking it wouldn't be that far-fetched for her role, in a vacuum, to be real but also be on mafia. But in context, I feel like mafia Negrek might also want to keep her role and her role's info to herself / promote confusion by letting people continue to think something weird happened with Jack's life status.

Ah, ok, I misunderstood that. I'm not sure how we would go about proving/disproving it.

Also apologies for misgendering you earlier @Negrek.

@kokorico, when you said your impressions matched rari's, did that also include a read on Mawile or was that about something else / just generally because you were suspecting me?

No, I was talking about her read, and her level of confidence in her read, on you. I have no read on Mawile. I don't even remember any of his posts, eek.

Back
Top Bottom