• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival - D7

Wall of text incoming

bit harsh, yeah?
Sorry if that came out as harsh D: (I still think you’re likely to be lying about Mawile’s role, though)
If the redirector kyeugh mentioned is town and has any relevant information - which, imo, includes not having redirected someone with relevant actions where there is a conflict that could be resolved via a redirect - I think they should definitely reveal. kyeugh, if the redirector doesn't reveal, I feel like you should probably reveal who they are because that seems a little bit suspicious to me?
I do agree.
@rari_teh Can you talk to me about your end of day yesterday, and why you swapped off Mawile onto Stryke and Odie / didn't try to convince more people to go on Mawile? I'm not like, saying that you're lying - I don't know why you would in this situation, really - but your EOD just seems kind of hands-off about him, especially since at least kyeugh was interested in the wagon and it seems like you were convinced that Mawile was mafia. Also, can you walk me through if and how your positions on Stryke and Herbe's relative alignments to Mawile changed during the EOD?
I panicked because as soon as Herbe claimed lovers, the Mawile wagon rapidly disintegrated. It went from the largest wagon with a fair margin to only kyeugh and I. Have a look at this screenshot:
Capturar.PNG
It was very clear to me that Herbe’s reputation was so good that only kyeugh and I still held that Mawile was mafia. I concluded there would be no way to revive the wagon (I didn’t even think of roleclaiming atm, and I don’t think it would’ve been a smart move either), so I panicked and jumped ship to Stryke because I thought he seemed really suspicious at the time, yet I couldn’t confirm anything. I don’t remember why I moved to Odie at one point, but I can look at the thread and try to remember if you want me to.
do your result PMs contain the username of the person you (attempted to) target?
Mine do.
I will answer the question you all want to know first: Yes, I sent in my night action last night. No, I did not heal Eifie, so she could not have died from healer clash. I healed kyeugh, and it's extremely unlikely both of our heals could have been redirected.
imo this pretty much confirms that either a) Stryke is lying (unlikely) or b) there is a mafia strongman (less unlikely)
But isn't asking the dead about game maters somewhat... forbidden?
Yes, it is. Very forbidden. Unless you’re dead too, that is.
I was hoping to swap with you undetected today. Would you mind doing a quote chain where we continually quote each other's posts and say the body swapping phrase? I know how many times it can bounce back in a day, but the mafia don't, which would maybe obscure who is actually the cop. Unless someone has a smarter idea for how to use this ability.
I guess this isn't actually useful because this still narrows the cop down to two people, assuming rari's telling the truth. :V

Ideas for how to use this ability + thoughts on Negrek getting the wrong role for Eifie would be appreciated.
I have an idea: we all know that Seshas and qva are town too; what if we do a four-way quote chain?
Also, Eifie showing up with a gun is weird considering that my role had nothing to do with guns. I was thinking maybe someone gave her the gun? I don't think it's a great idea to claim that if that's the case, given we have a redirector running around. The question that idea raises, anyway, is where the first few guns went. Or the mafia could be manipulating the flavor text (possibly also extending to our knowledge of the dead person's flavor?) like Seshas proposed.
What if the power that would develop you mentioned meant that Non-Action Hero became Vigilate Man, and Eifie somehow triggered that power?
if everyone's telling the truth, Eifie had one layer of protection, and if mafia have a way to get around kills I'd expect them to target someone with a claimed useful role, since Eifie hadn't claimed?
Eifie was pretty steadfastly claiming that Ultracool was not mafia. Imo she’s the one who looked more like a cop among us, and to be very frank, I suspected that she was going to be the one who wouldn’t wake up toDay.

Capturar.PNG

this is very intense. I can't quite believe people are going to these lengths about it. yeesh.

It was very clear to me that Herbe’s reputation was so good that only kyeugh and I still held that Mawile was mafia.
haven't finished reading but i don't think this is what happened. it's just that we (at least i) didn't want to risk killing herbe at that point, because the lovers claim itself was probably true, and we fell back on the "safer" wagon

haven't finished reading but i don't think this is what happened. it's just that we (at least i) didn't want to risk killing herbe at that point, because the lovers claim itself was probably true, and we fell back on the "safer" wagon
and also this situation was probably really easy for a wolf to take advantage of lmfao. have to read back and properly post after i finish some work, but i think it was keldeo who said a bit ago that the mawile ship is going to have to sink eventually because there's no way for herbe to win at the same time as town - unless his lover role lets him have two wincons, in which case, God Bless. it really hurts me to say this.

I was reading a thread on MafiaScum that someone (Keldeo?) linked to earlier and I found this:

Battousai said:
You shouldn't tell the player that their action was redirected no matter what, though when you give them "Player B is innocent" they can pretty much infer it, when they ask if you made a mistake and tell them no.

Does this mean that, if my actions were redirected, Butterfree would’ve said the name of the player it has been redirected to instead of the name of the player I targeted? Because if so, then I know for sure my flips weren’t redirected.

@Herbe, I'm interested in why you believed at first that rari's result was tampered with n1 and not, like, that they were mafia trying to incriminate you? I can guess, but I don't want to assume when I can hear from you.
that cop claim is way too bold for a mafia member tbh. way too easy to get called out on/disproven, and i figured tamper shenanigans would be rampant here.
the mawile ship is going to have to sink eventually because there's no way for herbe to win at the same time as town - unless his lover role lets him have two wincons, in which case, God Bless. it really hurts me to say this.
basically if mawile dies, I don't instadie per se. I instantly lose, yes, but I can still participate in thread. I asked about the specifics of what would happen if mawile died, and (I'm being 100% honest here) butterfree told me that I'd still be in the game. I just really, really don't want that [him dying] to happen. No specifics beyond that, so if there are shenanigans there, we'll just have to wait and see.

I’m also singling out this part of my longpost bc it’s too important to risk being buried by the rest of it. Also tagging @Keldeo @Seshas @kyeugh
But shouldn't we include some people we suspect of being Maf if we're going to use this as a poor man's cop?

that cop claim is way too bold for a mafia member tbh. way too easy to get called out on/disproven, and i figured tamper shenanigans would be rampant here.

basically if mawile dies, I don't instadie per se. I instantly lose, yes, but I can still participate in thread. I asked about the specifics of what would happen if mawile died, and (I'm being 100% honest here) butterfree told me that I'd still be in the game. I just really, really don't want that [him dying] to happen. No specifics beyond that, so if there are shenanigans there, we'll just have to wait and see.
Funny because earlier toDay you said this:
y'all really gonna kill me out here. Okay
Almost like if you were backtracking now that Mawile being lynched is a real possibility and if he dies and you don’t it’s going to be mad suspicious

damn. but you can't win through town?
As of the information I have right now, I'm lead to believe that I can't. My whole job is to keep mawile alive. However, there's the chance that things might change once mawile dies (which.... i have to assume is happening today.) Worst case, I become a benign third party, best case I get assimilated into the town.

Re: rari, it was kinda last resort trying to keep him alive. I was grasping at every straw I could because i didn't want to lose.

Almost like if you were backtracking now that Mawile being lynched is a real possibility and if he dies and you don’t it’s going to be mad suspicious
i dont think this is warranted lol
herbe not dying doesn't mitigate the fact that his winning condition is with mawile. not the worst backtrack ever

At least I'm not the only one with a spreadsheet for this game.

But what would a Maf need a Spreadsheet for? In my opinion, that makes M&F more suspicious than you, especially since the Copclaim didn't solely cast suspicion on you, Mawile.

Lynching M&F

Back
Top Bottom