• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

I think my second choice would be... Mr. Ultracool?
really? why? i think it’s kinda impossible to know about him when all he did preclaim in tvt was ... exactly what he’s doing now
okay to be fair i’m now remembering he made like, two troperiffic posts i guess. but still.
Yeah. Basically I knew he'd been here and reacting, but I couldn't remember any of his posts off the top of my head, as opposed to in TVTropes. Although I think his troping was all that made me originally not want to vote him there, lol.

like i can understand her not understanding keldeo's motives for voting me, but this particular message just felt a little too much of either a) pointing the FoS back onto Keldeo or b) convince me that shes my Friend and should be Town
I know that just Stating This™ probably won’t do nothing, but it’s the truth really: that was just me genuinely saying what I was thinking about the situation – which is no longer what I subscribe to, mind you
thats what i meant by very light read. i imagine once more discussion about other things ends up happening, the unideal vibes will probably go away. just a gut feeling i had in the moment.

Yeah. Basically I knew he'd been here and reacting, but I couldn't remember any of his posts off the top of my head, as opposed to in TVTropes. Although I think his troping was all that made me originally not want to vote him there, lol.
he hasn’t posted in here yet really i think, except to take a couple of semi-jovial posts literally (which he also did in tvt, which is also NAI for him now i think). he’ll probably be hard to sort honestly :/
i recall feeling the same way about voting him there too

Hmm, I don't really see that from rari the same way you do, Trebek. It feels like a natural reaction given that they misinterpreted my post that way.

@M Plus 7 when you get back, what did you like about my posting that you read earlier?

Have a wonderful night all o/

I do want to do like, a wagon building exercise, given that we're about 1.5 days from the deadline... If you had to vote, even if you're not super confident or it's only for now, where would you vote?
if I had to vote.... for some reason I'd lean towards a kokorico vote. can't put my finger on why... i'd say vibes, but that might not be a "signal" as much as "amplified noise"

i'm using a lot of quotation marks today aren't i

Hmm, I don't really see that from rari the same way you do, Trebek. It feels like a natural reaction given that they misinterpreted my post that way.
the vibes i was unsure about were particularly from the reaction, but more from how it happened. idk, im more likely than not splitting hairs over this, but it was an interesting thought experiment

I get the same sense from the opening flavor post and what everyone's said that the Macavity flavor is mafia, yeah. I don't really think the online time means that much - if I'm doing the conversion right, I think that would've been about right after the Cats "afterparty" wrapped up?

That makes a lot of sense, then. I missed the Cats stream.

(I'm currently reading through all the posts I missed while I was asleep and figuring out how I went from "good vibes" to "lynch candidate" 😂)

Current thoughts on the game:

why does mafia take so much effort to play

Keldeo comes across as having an agenda, seeing as they're trying to push everyone to form a more solid town group. Seshas, rari, mewtini, & kyeugh overall seem pretty town to me. I haven't paid enough attention to Trebek & Herbe to really give a read on them tbh. Maybe because I just woke up & I'm sleepy.

Mr. Ultracool has been reacting without giving their opinions on the game... so I guess I'd vote for them. Even if they're not mafia, being voted for might provoke them into responding.

sorry for the triple post! Pretty sure that's bad practice. I will also refrain from looking at people's login times in the future; I didn't know it made people uncomfortable and/or went against the mafia spirit. Sorry everyone!

Keldeo comes across as having an agenda, seeing as they're trying to push everyone to form a more solid town group.
i guess this makes sense? i dont think it necessarily comes across as scum-indicative though, to me it seems mostly like a desire to see more gameplay, like what happened during the vote on me

tbh, i am saying this without actually knowing if you meant your read on keldeo as positive or negative, so this could be a completely useless statement lmao

before i actually fall asleep tho i should probably provide a minor update to where i stand, so that my thoughts are out there before i dissapear. most of my vibes have not changed, but i just want to compile some alterations based on what happened between keldeo and i. this should all have been said before, but its here in one spot.

keldeo: improved vibes
i may have lost 10 years of my life to this whole debacle, but at the end of the day i still respect the plays, and it still reads towny to me (there is the possibility that keldeo is wolf looking for LHF and then 'decided' that i came across town when he realized there would be backlash, but the vibes i get from that line dont feel particularly vibey)

kyeugh: minorly improved vibes
i got good vibes from the discourse between kyeugh and mewtini/rari about the logic behind the vote, but the minor reservations from my last VibeCheck still stand to some extent

mewtini/rari: no change in vibes, increased focus
i'm still seeing this whole scenario the way keldeo phrased it: if both keldeo and i are town (which i think is true), then it is highly likely that between kyeugh and mewt/rari, there is some form of opposition happening. i dont sense nearly strong enough vibes to determine which side would be which if this ended up being the case, so i dont want to make sweeping vibechecks based off of it (outside of the minor kyeugh vibecheck above), but i want to make sure that i keep the proceedings in mind when new conversations start happening (will mewt and rari always have similar opinions? will kyeugh butt heads with them again? will i ever stop using the word 'vibe' to describe all of my reads? find out next time on Cats!)

Will probably wake up and regret the phrasing on half of this post but i wanted to get something out there to spark conversation in the morning if nothing else.

Vipera Magnifica and RedneckPheonix have been online, but haven't posted anything. Mr. Ultracool is watching (or more accurately, reacting) from the shadows. Lying low...? Superjolt and Butterfree haven't posted due to real-life things holding them up, so they're free from suspicion for now.
I'm not lurking; I'm just not sure what to contribute to the discussion. Day 1 is always confusing, because no one knows anything yet 😅

...I ask, as I scroll through the playerlist not really wanting to vote anyone.

I am going to roll with my gut and vote myuma, for now in italics. I think my second choice would be... Mr. Ultracool? Not sure.

It feels flatly unlikely that all scum are in the inactives right now, but most of everyone active has seemed kind of towny to me at some point, so idk.

@Eifie are you proud of me.

myuma? Really? After the checking-people's-online-times thing? I get that it's not necessarily alignment-indicative in itself, but it just comes across as posting whatever she can think of in an attempt to help because she doesn't have anything to add in the way of reads. I also don't think scumchat would have supported her going ahead with it given its questionability in terms of etiquette.

I guess I could get behind Ultracool - clearly keeping up with the reacts, but hasn't said much at all. "lynch inactives" feels more like a compromise than a strategy, though. @Mr. Ultracool - assuming you're still keeping up, do you have any thoughts to share?

Since you asked, my "gut feeling" is going with VM. I hate to buck with the crowd opinion but I just don't really see why town!he would share Tofu's question like that when he could just have said "we live together and she doesn't seem like she's hiding anything" - the extra detail seems kind of like embellishment. I feel like it makes more sense if they're either w/v and he's trying to curry favour with her, or w/w and he's trying to cover for her? (As usual with my "reads" though, take this with a pinch of salt - not really pushing for a VM lynch, happy to jump on whatever people think is the most sensible wagon.)

Vipera Magnifica and RedneckPheonix have been online, but haven't posted anything. Mr. Ultracool is watching (or more accurately, reacting) from the shadows. Lying low...? Superjolt and Butterfree haven't posted due to real-life things holding them up, so they're free from suspicion for now.
I'm not lurking; I'm just not sure what to contribute to the discussion. Day 1 is always confusing, because no one knows anything yet 😅
Oops, sorry, didn't see this before my post above!

Literally anything you can think of is great to share, even if you're not certain about it or think it's probably just complete nonsense! No-one knows anything yet, yeah, but posting your impressions helps because it lets people get a feel for how you're thinking.

I haven't read the thread and my model for mafia gamesTM is falling apart
kokorico has decent vibes from the last two posts

(I'm currently reading through all the posts I missed while I was asleep and figuring out how I went from "good vibes" to "lynch candidate" 😂)
oh to be clear. i would rather lynch an inactive than you tbh, i threw out your name in response to keldeo's q but i'm not, like. interested in it at all - i just went with it because i didn't think the online times thing was alignment-indicative necessarily and i feel slightly more okay about kokorico i think

Keldeo comes across as having an agenda, seeing as they're trying to push everyone to form a more solid town group
this is valid and something that i/a few other people scumread him for in tvt lol. i can't tell where your head is at there as far as which agenda you think he has, because i want to say i feel like he's acting town so far?

Mr. Ultracool has been reacting without giving their opinions on the game... so I guess I'd vote for them. Even if they're not mafia, being voted for might provoke them into responding.
i mean i can vibe with pushing ultracool to respond, it's just :| because he played like this as town in tvt when he was trying to lay low and not claim his (later gamechanging, lol ...) power role so at this stage i feel awkward about actually killing him. would love to see more out of him though obvi

the extra detail seems kind of like embellishment.
oh, i thought the extra detail made sense when it felt like he included it to make sure we knew they weren't actually talking about the game illegally. hahahaha.

ok so i know i shouldn't really say anything more about the ministrife from last night but ...

i wanted to express that tbh i was frustrated when i kept feeling like my actual level of care and my intentions were getting forcefully misrepresented/twisted, and maybe that annoyance made me come off worse? so i'm sorry about that. i think after a certain point i was reacting less to the actual situation and more to being driven by feeling mischaracterized in re: grilling keldeo/looking for "leak-proof" explanations when i genuinely felt like i was just. asking questions in real-time. idk. :(

after sleeping on it i still don't really feel like it was wolf-steered, primarily because of what keldeo said about the ramifications of him and trebek being v/v (and i'd extrapolate that IF there were any wolves in there, it would either be trebek or keldeo? more likely the former?). i also think kyeugh comes off of it looking slightly townier? and trebek stays right at null for me

Back
Top Bottom