• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

where's that old "she doesn't even go here" meme for eifie

also yes hello! i had an online appointment on the hour for an hour so i am only just getting back now

My fellow Snomthren! I propose a test of character!

We shall have a grand banquet with the finest of foods! And those whom cannot consume at least five times their bodily weight is CLEARLY a fiendish Zorua in disguise!!
you've given yourself away! if you were a real snom, you would know snoms eat snow, not several varieties of fine foods!

Votecount (#69):
Seshas | 1 | Mist1422 (#19)
Eifie | 1 | mewtini (#63)

mewtini votes Seshas [->1] (#14)
Mist1422 votes Seshas [->2] (#19)
mewtini votes Seshas -> Eifie [1->1] (#63)

(sandsnom gurgles quietly. it seems a little sheepish.)

sorry for making a third short post on the same page, but now that i've caught up: re: strikethrough of my and superjolt's names on the pinglist, i really hope i wasn't silenced because i've just been shitposting without any regard for it, and i didn't get any messages about being targeted with anything overnight.

I feel like the flavor text indicates some kind of power role that can drag people 😯 I'd assume such a thing would be a wolf power, so maybe for now we can assume kyeugh is innocent? Just the target of mean gossip LOL

Snoms appear fully limbless to the lay observer, but it may surprise you to learn that this is not actually the case. Each snom possesses a pair of subdermal limbs that it can wiggle about in order to achieve locomotion. Because most snom are content to sit in a single spot and munch on snow until they metamorphose, these limbs are primarily used in the first moments of life, when newborn snoms break free from their eggs and work their way to a spot suitably far from its siblings. If the snom remains sedentary for long enough, as most snoms do, their tiny pseudo-limbs eventually atrophy, and are completely useless by the time the snom matures fully.

However, in some situations and environments, a more nomadic lifestyle is demanded. Snoms who move actively in the early stages of life are likely to retain their limbs into maturity and rarely through metamorphosis. These snoms remain unusually agile and dexterous throughout their lives, at the expense of some of the powerful elemental defenses afforded to frosmoths on account of their highly fortified morphology. In exceptionally rare cases, these limbs may develop musclulature sufficient for them to breach the epidermal layer and become true external limbs.

Kyeugh the snom is one such case. Though her unusual appearance has relegated her to the position of an outcast and pariah, she has spent her life honing her anomalous limbs, weathering the ceaseless abuse all the time and using it as fuel for her boundless growth. As the social order of her long-time home is thrown into disarray, she sees the anarchy for what it is—a ladder to the top. And unfortunately for the other snoms, one requisite for ladder-climbing is the possession of legs. Long, powerful legs.

A new era of snomstory is about to dawn.

Pog98gU.png

Back
Top Bottom