• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Snom Mafia

Good news everyone! We resolved the ice cream situation, and they will trade me an unopened one :D

perfect, now i can safely unvote

i also agree that people should try to avoid tipping off their roles in how they talk about/do things relative to the popularity mechanic: at this early in the game we should probably not outwardly worry about it too much (inwardly is a different story :o)

I don't have a good grasp on eir playstyle but e read as fairly "TMI-y" as mafia in Cats (townreading people e knew to be town, sometimes based on very little)
I mean my assessment of my townplay is that it pretty much exclusively consists of townleaning people based on very little, so in one sense I'm flattered that you think I was behaving so much like that in Cats (2019)...

(NB: Since you seem to be asking everyone else about their mafia experience, I'll volunteer that I hadn't played for a couple of years before the TCoD revival, and before that I'd been having a run of rolling mafia. All things considered, I don't think I've played town since maybe 2015-16, not counting the first two phases of TVT. So it's thoroughly unsurprising to me that it seems to be coming off as a bit stilted.)

If you have a moment at some point, do you think you could have a quick pass over the last few pages and see if you notice any interactions that jump out to you as possibly w/w?
i don't find anything iffy in pages 1-8 :'D it doesn't seem like people are really interacting with each other that much before you posted that? is there something i'm supposed to be picking up on...
No, that's great! Thanks for getting back to me.

@Keldeo, the reason I asked this question was that sanderidge and Bluwiikoon were at the bottom of my (very loosely ordered and sketchy!) readlist, and they did have an interaction on the early pages (#66) - albeit not one I'd personally read anything much into. I wondered if, in the scenario where they were w/w, she might panic thinking she'd given something away. She didn't, though, and also since then she's made more posts I kind of like, in particular the mech speculation at the top of #187 and her slightly emotional uncertainty in #194. So she's no longer floating so far down for me. And I guess this counts as a small point in favour of Blu too, in a strict Bayesian sense.

A few more questions for people whenever it's convenient:

@M Plus 7 - Nice to see you earlier! Do you have any thoughts on the game so far? What do you think your general strategy is going to be?

@Superjolt - Earlier you said you agreed about trying not to let popularity influence our vote. But do you have any opinion specifically on the idea of choosing a town representative?

@Ysabel - If you were mafia, what do you think you would be trying to accomplish toDay? For example, who do you think you would be picking out as the best candidate for a mislynch?

Votecount (#245):
Seshas | 1 | Mist1422 (#19)

mewtini votes Seshas [->1] (#14)
Mist1422 votes Seshas [->2] (#19)
mewtini votes Seshas -> Eifie [1->1] (#63)
Trebek votes Stealth Rock [->1] (#111)
Trebek votes Stealth Rock -> mewtini [0->1] (#216)
Trebek unvotes mewtini [0->] (#217)
mewtini votes Eifie -> kyeugh [0->1] (#219)
mewtini unvotes kyeugh [0->] (#223)
Trebek votes Seshas [->2] (#226)
Trebek unvotes Seshas [1->] (#243)

@Seshas @IndigoEmmy does the popularity scale affect zoruas the same way as snoms? As in, does voting for snoms decrease their popularity and voting for zoruas increase it?
Also, do all votes affect popularity or only final ones?
Also also, do we get the vote count at the end of the day and is the vote count afected by popularity visible to us?
1. Popularity does affect Mafia and any 3rd party roles in the same way as Town-aligned Snoms. Voting for Town decreases popularity and voting for Mafia increases popularity regardless of your alignment.

2. Only final votes on the top wagon count:

A | 2 | B, C
C
| 1 |
D

In this scenario, A would be voted out, and B and C's popularity would increase by 1. D's popularity would be unaffected.

3. The votecount affected by popularity is not visible, but you will know who is voted out at the end of each day.

Hi everyone! Snommod here to say 2 things

Snommod Message:

I'm making a minor change to the rules if you use a representative.
The representative loses 2 popularity instead of everyone losing one to make it more balanced.

Also, as far as I know, the crossed out things were completely random, so i don't think there is a reason to speculate about it. But even if it wasn't random somehow, don't speculate about it anyway. Also snom with legs has scarred me for life.

Also @Bluwiikoon now i want ice cream.

Snommod Message:

I'm making a minor change to the rules if you use a representative.
The representative loses 2 popularity instead of everyone losing one to make it more balanced.
Moderator Message: The line isn't strict, so you should probably be fine unless there's like exactly 1 person voting at EoD

Back
Top Bottom