• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

and yeah, i definitely think that the lack of a NK was due to PR interference, but i don’t think it’s worth it to spec on this right now bc like, for all we know multiple townies have roles that could affect the NK, and it’s no use talking about them all if we can’t even decide which one was responsible for what happened last night
agreed
i was just pointing out that koko using the term 'daystart' wasn't quite accurate
-m

and yeah, i definitely think that the lack of a NK was due to PR interference, but i don’t think it’s worth it to spec on this right now bc like, for all we know multiple townies have roles that could affect the NK, and it’s no use talking about them all if we can’t even decide which one was responsible for what happened last night
hard agree - another reason why I thought jack's "if a roleblocker/jailkeeper targeted someone n0, maybe they could point us in the right direction?" (paraphrased) was misguided at best

agreed
i was just pointing out that koko using the term 'daystart' wasn't quite accurate
-m
oh, i thought e just meant that in general tbh

hard agree - another reason why I thought jack's "if a roleblocker/jailkeeper targeted someone n0, maybe they could point us in the right direction?" (paraphrased) was misguided at best
i still think you're glazing over the second half of his post too much, which directly reads [to me] like someone avoiding spec
if it's alien, we probably have no way of figuring out who it is toDay, and if it's doc/etc, it's better to avoid spec in order to conceal them from the mafia
-m

Hey, I’m gonna eat something and then be here hopefully til EOD! Already doubting whether I’ll be able to read everything, so if it’s not too much trouble, could someone tell me about the most important things I should be looking at while catching up / current wagons and cliffs notes of the cases against them?

honestly, i got the exact opposite vibe from his post: like he did mention town PR, but then it felt like his post concluded with the decision that it wasn’t worth it?

i was loosely considering that maybe fsr mafia couldn't kill or something n0 so i was sort of feeling it out,
ie i was like omg What If Slip but it was dumb.
I totally agree the issue with PR spec is with revealing players' identities, as opposed to details about the setup. it's not that I think "existence of [e.g.] an arsonist" is something I think we should be hiding. what I'm concerned about is that the setup spec had the (side-)effect of revealing, or at least heavily hinting, at who has a "real" passive immunity as opposed to a red herring. and that is something that might be useful if you're a scumteam trying to decide who to target with your actions-who-someone-might-be-immune-to, and is exactly why I'm not revealing my immunity, which I think is more likely to fall into the former category
mm, this is fair. i still think that the initial premise is enough for me to not think it was skylar's intention to draw out PRs, but i see what you mean now
-m

rari is probably going, to, like, yell at me for tinfoilposting but meh

i want to say that i'm not really planning on investing that much energy into off-the-wall [cult][weird role]spec because i think it's distracting me from making those classic, good mewtini reads (tm) and that i'm sorta just intending on gleaning what i can from the reactions around it. for now, anyway
fwiw, I disagree that encouraging people to share setup info from their role PMs is necessarily no-risk or even low-risk. in this situation I think it was probably unavoidable, but (a) you/we couldn't possibly have known that before doing it, and (b) it certainly did leak information about people's roles in that we now have a reasonably good idea about who has immunities that are "anomalous"/less likely to be red herrings
why? the danger that we usually try to avoid is giving mafia info on WHO has a PR; i don't really know why it would be more ideal to be in the dark considering how weird this setup could be, when it doesn't help scum PR-hunt at all (aside from, like, "well this person probably isn't X if they are immune to X")

sorry if i'm pushing this a bit, but iirc you are not usually very focused in on avoiding PR spec in the way that players like seshas and i tend to be, so i'm lightly surprised that this is something in the forefront of your mind

-m

Also Note that VM might have a PR but didn't reveal it

Hey, I’m gonna eat something and then be here hopefully til EOD! Already doubting whether I’ll be able to read everything, so if it’s not too much trouble, could someone tell me about the most important things I should be looking at while catching up / current wagons and cliffs notes of the cases against them?
keldeoooo! <3
working on a reply to this but it may take me a bit to get there, sorry in adv
-m

i still think you're glazing over the second half of his post too much, which directly reads [to me] like someone avoiding spec
if it's alien, we probably have no way of figuring out who it is toDay, and if it's doc/etc, it's better to avoid spec in order to conceal them from the mafia
-m
oh, yeah, was going to mention that briefly

looking at it again I do see how you could read it either way - tbqh, I think we're not really going to know either way without explicitly asking him what he meant. and even if it were less ambiguous it's not something I would feel comfortable yeeting off d1, so.

---

now, regarding seshas, this revelation that her(+skylar's) vote on me was serious and not a joke is... kinda strange

afaict it's still the case that neither have provided any sort of explanation beyond seshas' original omg-e's-talking-about-cults thing, which is a bit 👀, but at the same time I still don't really get what an arbitrary push on me would accomplish. my mind is starting to go for more out-there explanations, like is one of them an insane/paranoid cop?

honestly I am mostly just No Thoughts Heads Empty on this and will probably go along with whatever the majority decides

Vote History (please let me know if there's an error):

Seshas voted kokorico (#192)
kyeugh voted kokorico (#234)

Mist1422 voted Mawile (#313)
Seshas voted Mawile (#315)
Despicable Meme voted Mawile (#401)
storm voted Mawile (#409)

RedneckPhoenix voted RedneckPhoenix (#416)
RedneckPhoenix voted JackPK (#420)
tbh^2 voted Seshas (#436)
RedneckPhoenix voted tbh^2 (#437)

Vote count:
kokorico (2), Seshas (1), tbh^2 (1)

y'know I wrote that and then went to bed and, before I drifted off to sleep, thought to myself "I didn't phrase that very well did I, people are gonna latch onto that" but didn't think it was important enough to get back up out of bed for

my intention was not to directly call for a roleblocker/etc to roleclaim now, more to encourage roleblocker/etc to come forward once they feel they have enough evidence to firmly implicate someone, which idk could be toDay if they're a combination roleblocker+something else that gives info, could be toMorrow, could be the next Day, the Day after, who knows. just whenever they have felt they have info that's useful enough to offset the danger of revealing themselves

(if town roleblocker/etc even exists at all)

Back
Top Bottom