• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Out of Context TVTropes Mafia Quotes Mafia

tbh i don't really think we should read too far into this trebek soft thing that could have very easily not been a soft until he comes in here to confirm it, especially since it's the only reason to assume a swap when all the rest of this information points to a simple redirect.
he said he had a soft, that is why we looked
oh i mean, softclaiming has happened, its just not cult related
also
either you're lying or raritini had an immunity to your action
we don't have an immunity to stuff like what hmf is describing, idk what happened in this case tbqh

-m

I also don't get why VM would have chosen to target a person near the top of several people's townpiles, rather than someone in more need of sorting (e.g. storm, jack, hydreigon)
i kinda think if town, vm did it exactly because of what you describe at the end tbh. :'D
I am pretty certain I cannot be an insane cop just based on talking to Mawile about cop sanities and knowing he wouldn't do that... so I would have to assume that kyeugh is lying and just wants to discredit my results?
i don't know why you're so certain about this, your flavor straight-up reads bastard
Joking? You think I'm joking? My claim was 100% serious, and you know what? Having just consulted my role PM again... I see now that I also get the irl bank account details of all players in the mafia, starting on N1! Can't believe I missed that...
this was literally about a jokeclaim. i also think mawile would have thought of that considering the pretty clear context of the role
VM how certain are you that he wouldn't do that? what did he say that makes you think that?
Also, not sure why me being able to use a 1-shot power and role action on the same night is weird at all? Not all the roles work the same way
because literally no one else is able to use their powers in this way, lol
sorry if you really are the one exception but
Actually I just realized that Despicable Meme/RNP could be cultists, so there's still room for tbh² to be mafia
why would this make it EASIER for us to be mafia?? that only drives down the number of possible mafia because it would cut into town numbers too much (especially when the cult would get recruits)

-m

okay, first of all, in the universe where I am mafia and we're already down one Seshas, why on earth would I stick my neck out like I'm doing right now to claim cop? Like, sure, it would have gotten the real cop to claim, but what would have happened once my redcheck or the other cop flipped town? Do you think I would have just talked my way out of that?
but then this gets me, i don't know where rari is (probably not here) but this seems like such a weird play for mafia to make that i almost loop back around to VM town

-m

and how would you even know that when hmf hasn't said their role?
?????????????????????
because what we're immune to doesn't fit their description, at all
i can't really elaborate without claiming but idk how this is hard to accept
-m
holy shit wait
@Despicable Meme what if i told you i know what happened. can you guess at what went down then?

-m

okay, first of all, in the universe where I am mafia and we're already down one Seshas, why on earth would I stick my neck out like I'm doing right now to claim cop? Like, sure, it would have gotten the real cop to claim, but what would have happened once my redcheck or the other cop flipped town? Do you think I would have just talked my way out of that?
but then this gets me, i don't know where rari is (probably not here) but this seems like such a weird play for mafia to make that i almost loop back around to VM town

-m
it is indeed weird, but if vm is mafia, he's made several ballsy gambits in this game. the first was the thing "clearing" hydreigon—incidentally, when he came in to claim his red check on you, it was when under hydreigon was under a bunch of heat. i do get vague feelings of desperate town from his recent posting, but at the same time, his refusal to consider any world except for that he is sane and i am lying does not strike me as particularly pro-town, so idk.
I am a cop with an immunity to cult recruitment (I didn't want to say this because I'd rather the cult waste an action trying to recruit me)
is this the first time we've seen a repeated immunity tbh (rnp also claimed this in #39)
maybe this is a weird thing to be 🤔 about but it is interesting tbh
-m
did anyone talk about this btw
-m
don't think so. but paired with the thing about him being able to use his one-shot power at the same time as his normal role, my impression is that it's just made up tbh. gonna feel silly if he flips town but this is indeed a lot of 🤔 moments piling up here. too many things we're expected to believe are true only of him. hard to feel like he's not just making stuff up.

holy shit wait
@Despicable Meme what if i told you i know what happened. can you guess at what went down then?
@Despicable Meme just to be clear, i don't think you should reveal it if you do figure it out. but raritini got a notification that sorts this (and that lets us know your role), i hope you can guess at what it is in that case with this new info ... !

it was when under hydreigon was under a bunch of heat.
this is exactly why rari and i wanted to at least keep our vote on hydrei for some sort of bookmark tbh but fuck it tbh, we'll remember to come back to this. VM
i am worried about that desperate town tone though + the "just flip me if it helps" mentality but i agree that this is a lot of things adding up. and i KNOW he's insane if he's telling the truth, i kinda think that he's backtracking about the oneshot hard, etc etc ...
if i'm getting pocketed by skylar here this sucks but none of this makes sense even if i try to make myself impartial here

-m

one last note on VM's role
the insane cop role came up pretty prominently in MF's claim, when she faked it. mawile was (obvi) around for tvt and i think may as well have put in the role as some twisted homage

-m

Now why am I not including tbh², who I have a redcheck on? Because DM/RNP/kyeugh/tbh/Seshas would be too many mafia for a game this size, and just based on the info I have, tbh² being targeted by a framer seems more likely than any of DM/RNP/kyeugh telling the truth... tbh I didn't think tbh seemed scummy at all tbh, but tbh I wanted to know if tbh was town for sure in case I was getting pocketed so that's why I targeted them last night tbh
"I have a redcheck but I think they were framed" is a truly wild assertion

i was really straining myself to give hydreigon the benefit of the doubt up until now, but i feel like these recent posts align them with vm pretty much for sure, and i'm getting the impression they've got some kind of out-of-thread communication since their talking points seem to be somewhat in line. that might be me reading something that isn't there, but the vibes are bad.
definitely agree. my scum team thoughts are currently vm/hydreigon/{koko?} where koko is either fellow scum or happened to land in the wildly unfortunate spot of simultaneously being a miller to kyeugh's inspection and also being used as convenient taking-you-down-with-me fodder by vm

at this point I'm thinking vm is the most likely to be mafia, but I'm keeping my vote on koko bc that's still the death that guarantees us the most useful info regardless of flip (if we yeet vm and he somehow flips green, we have NO IDEA what to do with his results because we don't know his sanity)

if i'm getting pocketed by skylar here this sucks but none of this makes sense even if i try to make myself impartial here
hahaha. fwiw, i'm not really deadset on burying vm here. i think the chance that he's town but insane exists, and if he's willing to work under that pretense and go for a koko lynch to make heads or tails of all this, that'd be ideal (since i'm of the opinion that koko is mechanically somewhat more likely to be scum than he is, although i think eir tone is better). but flipping vm is just as well to me. if i survive the night, i'll have a pretty good idea about my own sanity anyway.

Do I even have to respond to the questions of someone I have a redcheck on?

I am very positive that I am NOT an insane cop and I will personally send everyone in this game $100 if that turns out to be the case. Even bringing up the possibility of insane cop seems like a very scummy play to me and it's frustrating me that no one else is seeing that.

Butterfree, Keldeo, Emmy, whoever else hasn't voted yet can you please vote kyeugh and stop the scum from piling up on your cop?

Do I even have to respond to the questions of someone I have a redcheck on?
are you for real right now lol
Also the "insane cop" argument wouldn't explain the n0 motion detector result coming up with a negative on Despicable Meme, so from my perspective, the scum team has to be exactly Despicable Meme/RNP/kyeugh

Now why am I not including tbh², who I have a redcheck on? Because DM/RNP/kyeugh/tbh/Seshas would be too many mafia for a game this size, and just based on the info I have, tbh² being targeted by a framer seems more likely than any of DM/RNP/kyeugh telling the truth...

from my pov you are either insane or literally a wolf, and i'm still trying to work with you. can you please do the same tbh

-m

"I have a redcheck but I think they were framed" is a truly wild assertion
well I don't know... I was just trying to think how it could be possible that Seshas/HMF/RNP/kyeugh/raritini could all be scum when 5 out of 15 scum players is tremendously one-sided.

That was before I realized HMF/RNP cult and Seshas/kyeugh/raritini mafia made a lot more sense.

you don't get to say "oh wait, i don't want to include them on my hypoteam, because maybe they were framed!" and then ignore my posting lol
-m

even if you're not scum, the fact that you're so vehemently trying to say that this MUST be what's happening and refusing to respond to questioning makes you not useful to the town if you are a cop

Back
Top Bottom