• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

i have reason to believe that the ones that truly give out 1 or 2 badges after death, apparently would be the first few targets that the mafia ( or out-group ) would suggest who to yeet on day 1 &/or day 2 , so for the time being i think the best course of action will be for town is to think things over before making any hasty decisions

hastily assembled vote count (pls correct if I missed any):

Ultracool (2): VM (#206), Herbe (#228)
zori (1): rari (#96)
VM (1): RNP (#190)

vote not placed (14): Mawile, Bluwii, ZM, Ultracool, myuma, Stryke, Tofu, Negrek, koko, Zori, bruh, Hydrei, Jack, Ysabel

-----

I didn't really see much of anything in Ultracool's ISO that jumped out at me that didn't already jump out on the first readthrough of the thread. However, it did lead me to a tangential question I'm curious about:

Do we think we want to share how many badges we dispense when we die? Or do we suspect that might be something mafia could use strategically so we don't want to give them that info?

I have a wild theory I'd like to speculate on if we do want to massclaim badge numbers, but if we don't then my theory is pointless and not worth bothering to bring up

-----

For now, I don't like Ultracool's posts so far and I like having him as one of the wagons, but I fundamentally don't feel comfortable with the prospect of one wagon skyrocketing past all the others (barring when there's a redcheck or counterclaim or other overt evidence), so I will refrain from placing my vote for now

There's something else I wanted to ask about that's kind of slipped under the radar.

So... you think I could have made myself a Mafia-target meow? I sure hope so 😸 I'm capable of targeting meowself, so I can find out who led the kill if they do. And then I can give out the Earthbadge to that player, or to someowne else in a way to indicate who led the Mafkill

What exactly was your idea when suggesting this? Were you saying you would give badges to the person who killed you? Since it doesn't seem like it's announced who gets the badges, how exactly would giving badges to the mafia accomplish anything except giving the mafia more firepower? Surely you thought of this before suggesting such a play?

fwiw Ultracool's posts didn't really stand out to me as weird, but, it could just be because I am automatically more trusting because his watching ability (or whatever it is) was confirmed (in a sort of roundabout way because of the redirect) by both Blu and vm.

There's something else I wanted to ask about that's kind of slipped under the radar.

So... you think I could have made myself a Mafia-target meow? I sure hope so 😸 I'm capable of targeting meowself, so I can find out who led the kill if they do. And then I can give out the Earthbadge to that player, or to someowne else in a way to indicate who led the Mafkill

What exactly was your idea when suggesting this? Were you saying you would give badges to the person who killed you? Since it doesn't seem like it's announced who gets the badges, how exactly would giving badges to the mafia accomplish anything except giving the mafia more firepower? Surely you thought of this before suggesting such a play?

I didn't really see UC's above post when it was originally posted but I would also argue that, if Ultracool were mafia, why would he want to die and be killed by them just to distribute a badge or two (I still think watcher, or whatever his role is, could be useful and it already opened up interesting dialogue for today)? I'm not sure mafia would want to self-sacrifice to themselves, but, idk

Although the post is confusing to me. Like obviously whoever killed UC wouldn't announce it?

And if you planned to give a badge to someone else "in a way to indicate who led the Mafkill", how exactly would you do this?

I'm guessing the player would get a pm saying they got a badge, BUT, I don't know if they would know who it came from. However, I think, if there was text saying "You got a bug badge" or "You got an earth badge" you could tell who gave it to you. If M&F includes the type of badge in the pm, that is.

I didn't really see UC's above post when it was originally posted but I would also argue that, if Ultracool were mafia, why would he want to die and be killed by them just to distribute a badge or two (I still think watcher, or whatever his role is, could be useful and it already opened up interesting dialogue for today)? I'm not sure mafia would want to self-sacrifice to themselves, but, idk

Although the post is confusing to me. Like obviously whoever killed UC wouldn't announce it?

I don't think a mafia!UC ever planned to do such a thing, but I can see mafia!UC suggesting something like this to appear to be trying to help town.

I have a wild theory I'd like to speculate on if we do want to massclaim badge numbers, but if we don't then my theory is pointless and not worth bothering to bring up
for posterity. we also have a theory about this
(it would be really funny if they were the same theory,)
I just really don't like the early push for claims (#115) + suggesting an inactive yeet (#182)
agree that they were kind of weird. in re: push for claims, what made you come around on seshas?
I'm not sure mafia would want to self-sacrifice to themselves, but, idk
ah, unless there was no genuine intention to self-sacrifice (if he's mafia, it's not like he'd ever actually get factional-killed, right.)
-m

Of course! Right meow, the best I managed to come up with giving the Badge to the person below the leader of the meowfiakill on that list of players that was posted on Page 1 😸

Of course! Right meow, the best I managed to come up with giving the Badge to the person below the leader of the meowfiakill on that list of players that was posted on Page 1 😸
What if the person below them was also mafia?

Also, if someowne has a better plan, I'd love to hear it - there's so meowny things that could go wrong there if there are two mafia members right below meowne another...

Back
Top Bottom