• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

but joat just... doesn't make sense to be free. you already have the badge system, make every action cost one badge then.

but joat just... doesn't make sense to be free. you already have the badge system, make every action cost one badge then.
tbqh i think that joat is a bit, uh, too underpowered for a badge action? this is an 18 slots setup, each person seems to hand out [1–3] badges upon death… most people will never get hold of a single badge throughout the entire game

as i said before, my badgepower has the potential of doing Good Stuff, but it requires >a lot< of foresight and, most importantly, luck; that’s why i don’t want people wasting their badges on me

general q for the crowd, are we assuming 3p doesn't give out any badges then?
also maintaining that this is not something to FoS negrek over, we just have no way of knowing and from my own role i really just don't think it's impossible or even necessarily improbable that the badge cost checks out
-m

general q for the crowd, are we assuming 3p doesn't give out any badges then?
i was assuming they do hand out badges, but in reality i have no clue

also maintaining that this is not something to FoS negrek over, we just have no way of knowing and from my own role i really just don't think it's impossible or even necessarily improbable that the badge cost checks out
i’m with bruh in this one

ftr skylar and i mentioned having a badge theory at some point earlier on
the theory was that mafia doesn't hand out badges because they'd be incentivized to just keep badges within their own faction

-m
this was another reason we were especially :/ at tofu (though, even without that theory, the read would remain) and also was why hydreigon was listed as a null/scumlean (they posted something that implied they didn't give out badges, but i think it's also possible that microreading their post was a bit of a stretch anyway.) just something in the back of our mind
-m

the theory was that mafia doesn't hand out badges because they'd be incentivized to just keep badges within their own faction

-m
ah, this is different from (but compatible with) my badge theory that I think I mentioned around the same time

I'll wait to share mine bc I think it might still be something that could be useful later (or, worst case scenario, if it's true, it could benefit mafia to hear it)

-m
to expand on this a bit, if we look at this from the bird's eye view of the game design, the badge mechanic is interesting because you're basically empowering other players based on trust. however, this doesn't really work with the mafia—due to their information advantage, they'd essentially just be receiving a free buff with each death they experience, which seems a bit strange/unbalanced. it seems more likely to us that mafia can't give each other badges, but that they do have powerful abilities that are activated if they manage to dupe town into giving them some. like, obviously there's no way of knowing this for sure, but it does just sort of seem to Make Sense from that game design perspective?

as mewt said, this is part of what made us so suspicious of tofu, since getting mixed up about badge distribution specifically fit into this theory really well, given that mafia would have to play it by ear here since they're excluded from this mechanic.
-q

Back
Top Bottom