• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Tarvos
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• trung tâm tiếng anh thành lập công ty tổng đài tư vấn pháp luật học kế toán tại bắc ninh nhạc sàn ay cũng đừng có gây chuyện đập phá…

Một khi đã là bao hết trọn gói, như vậy tất cả các cô nương, tiểu thư phục vụ bên trong hộp đêm cũng sẽ toàn bộ xuất động. Trong cái đại sảnh mênh mông rộng rãi, mấy trăm vị tiểu thư tha thước cùng với tám, chín mươi gã nam nhân, bên người mỗi một gã đội viên ai cũng có hai, ba gã tiểu thư dựa sát vào. Trên người những cô tiểu thư thân hình tuyệt hảo này cũng có những bộ quần áo mỏng như sa tanh che lại, thế nhưng lại không thể hoàn toàn che đậy hết những mùi hương nhàn nhạt cùng với những đường cong dậy sống của bọn họ, những khu vực đồ sộ dữ d
    Gojira show was heavy as fuck. They are amazing live. I had the best spot in the house. I even caught both Devin Townsend's and Joe Duplantier's guitar picks.
    so I happened to be snooping on a VM conversation between you and ... (sue me :C) and I found this:

"It's a very American thing to say (and I kind of throw up a little while writing this) but the fact your relationship was shorter doesn't mean it was any less valid. 9 months or a year is still a perfectly respectable normal time for a relationship as a ~teenager~ or ~tweenager~. That's part of the thing I learned - just because a breakup ends didn't mean you failed at your goal. The goal should never be to frantically stay together (which I really wanted towards the end, but in vain)."

I never even really thought about that but it's all so true. I keep thinking my relationship is invalidated by the fact that one of my friends is in an ongoing relationship that's lasted about 20 months and my relationship only lasted fourteen, and she kept lambasting me for "not trying hard enough" to stay together and "not trying to work out the problem like I would have", and it's like, but I did try and it didn't succeed and I didn't want to keep struggling to make it work. And besides, you are so right that the goal of a relationship shouldn't be to keep it going at all costs! I hadn't even really thought of that until I saw that paragraph, but then it was just like, "holy shit, that is SO TRUE AND CORRECT". When my ex asked me out and I said yes, I didn't have a crush on him, but I figured what the hell, why not, I'll say yes 'cause I've never been in a relationship before and I can see this working. I did fall in love with him proper and want to stay with him even after I moved to college, but it's just like, I want to stay with him because he makes me happy... but it also causes problems? and would it not be better to not have those problems? it's like, now I've been in a relationship and I don't wish for it back since I was happy and really all it was was a stepping stone on the river of life, something that I can learn and grow from and I don't need to stay in the relationship for it to be good for my life in some way! I feel like my writing's really disjointed but I had an epiphany after reading that paragraph and I'm just still struggling to understand it but I just feel so much better about myself now omg.
    "why am I not in
    place" :((

Can you not :( People outside of the gender binary can be in relationships, too!
    Wow, impressive!

I can speak English (obviously), Spanish (probably my favorite language lol) and a little Enochian.

I plan to learn Italian as well:)
    I just used GT for that, sorry to disappoint:(

Just a question, how many languages can you speak?
    Two things:

1. I'm going to see Gojira and Devin Townsend Project in February
    2. I may be going to Iceland next summer

It's a dream come true.
    Requiem was indeed great. The musical score was great as was the visual style. The ending was indeed powerful.

Trainspotting was also a good movie. It had a few moments that were difficult to watch but also many that were very funny. I liked Requiem better but this was also a very good movie.
    Mostly I just watch American movies in French because I'm already familiar with the dialogue and if I don't understand something, it's a huge help to know what was originally being said. Plus you learn that "boule" is apparently slang for "boob." I alternate between watching the movie with French subtitles and French audio (even if the two often don't match) and then just French audio. Or sometimes even just French subtitles.

As for legitimate French movies, I've watched Diabolique, but without subtitles it was practically incomprehensible. I never paid much attention to my French listening skills, so they are way below my French reading skills. I can listen to French news pretty well, and I used to listen to this African French news station. Actual French movies are still out of my league.
    If he's a dick, I agree it's for reasons other than breaking up with me. Contrary to what all my friends believe, I don't think he's as much of a dick as they say. I've recently removed him from my chat list on Facebook so that we're technically still friends but I won't see any of his stuff unless I choose to. I've been 'sober' a month, although I was pretty close to breaking my streak today. That's the hardest part - when my thoughts start circling around him, it's hard to resist temptation.

My relationship was never going to be a long term one and both of us knew it (even if I wanted to deny it), plus even if you count the dating stage it lasted at most six months. It's one of those things where basically I just felt really strongly and he probably liked me at some point but nowhere near as strongly.

*** The goal should never be to frantically stay together (which I really wanted towards the end, but in vain). ***

I completely understand what you mean. The sad part was that nearing the end of our relationship, I seriously considered breaking up with him. Ultimately I made the choice that I wasn't going to do that because "I'm not a quitter." You know how well that turned out when just a week later he broke up with me.

I've been motivated to do silly things like clean my room or watch French movies or just do anything to keep my mind off of him. It's led to my being more productive and it's one thing I'm glad for. If I were still with him, I probably wouldn't have been able to make my little musical project. I'm glad I've been doing stuff with my life, important stuff, and that I continue to do so even if I have this little issue.
    I was extremely sad to the point of crying yesterday because I'm a bitter (wo)manchild who can't stand other people's successes, especially when said people are my ex and they get literally everything they wanted.

But I'm always much better the day after, and this crying made me realize that to get what I want, I'll have to work my ass off and graduate super summa cum laude or something to get to where I want to go. I'm not going to be lazy anymore. I know my ex is not a hard worker and maybe he can get to where he wants by whining to mommy and daddy, but I'm going to make it wherever I want to make it through sheer will and determination.

Thank you for asking, by the way. I know your break-up was much more serious than mine, and yet you consistently post in the Grr thread and the coughing cupboard offering me advice. I sincerely appreciate it.
    "The fact that even though I horribly lost the key, the Blue Lagoon employee let me get off with a warning."

What's the Blue Lagoon?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom