• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

A month's work in a day.

Valerunner

Probably shouldn't be here.
Pronoun
She/her
Can't believe that no one posted this.

Within a day of being President, Obama has now called for the closure of Guantanamo Bay, held the trial for the 9/11 terrorists by 120 days to review everything, and froze the paychecks of White House staff earning more than 100k PA to save money due to the crunch. Plus a new holiday. Promising, ne?

Congratulations, America.

EDIT: The 100k pay freeze is for everyone with a 100k PA, not just the White House Staff.

Last edited:
Really? Wow, I hope he knows what hes doing. I think we need to give him a little more time before we judge anything...

Really? Wow, I hope he knows what hes doing. I think we need to give him a little more time before we judge anything...
Under the Bush administration, this would have taken over a month to do; a week to think of it, another to check approval ratings, and a fortnight to finish the paperwork.

He's already proven himself by going into action right after his inauguration. We'll just see if his administration keeps this up.

...You guys can keep Paris, we want Obama on our side.

New holiday?

Man, he did all of that within a day? I didn't think the president had that much power. Guess I need to pay more attention to the news then.

what

Great news. I've been hoping to see that fucking Guantanamo closed for ages now and it's awesome that he's declared this so quickly.
Obameeee <3
Paris Hilton made a new TV show over here about her finding a new British pet, and it's on the headlines.

Guantanamo's on page 7. Shows where Britain's priorities lie.

oh I thought you meant the city of Paris so I was all what the hell :v
and yeah depending on the newspaper I'll be more or less surprised.

ps: 'british pet' meaning an animal or a person.

I sure hope he knows what he's doing.
Seriously, sure getting ahead is a good thing, but if you have NO IDEA what you're doing, it'll end in disaster.

Huh. I really need to follow the news more on my extended stays at Shadey's.

Good news.

Back
Top Bottom