• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Absurdly lucky/unlucky moments

Luckiest: Beating Skyla without losing a single HP.

Unluckiest: I could've sworn I saw a shiny Barboach in Pokemon Rumble Blast. What's even unluckier is that I'm not sure if it was shiny or not.

You can't catch shiny Pokemon in Rumble Blast.

Unluckiest: In Rumble Blast, I tried for two days to get a Giratina Origin form from a legendary boss battle. All three of those sparkling catapults held Darkrais. I'm not much of a fan for Darkrai.

Luckiest: In Rumble Blast, a week after the unluckiest event, I decided to go to the Tower area to try and get Jirachi. The third time I went in, it was sparkling, and, seeing as I didn't beat the entire World Axle yet, it didn't have Arceus, but Rayquaza. Not bad. I befriended it, then went to a cave area, where I had no luck getting a legendary (I wanted a Reshiram, you see, but another Cobalion or a new Zekrom would work just fine). So I went to the Hauntyard, and sure enough, it was sparkling. I was expecting another Darkrai, but you know what I got? Giratina. Origin Forme, no less! :D

My normal forme Giratina, which has a power of 2800 something (while the enemy giratina had 3200 something), used Toxic, then got a few good hits with Shadow Force. A few hits from the enemy and my Giratina lost a lot of health. Afraid I'd lose without getting it, I switched to my new Rayquaza (It knew crunch, you see) and managed to get it to less than half health before the enemy hit Rayquaza with a hit that got more than half of its health off. I then switched to my Darkrai (power of 2800 something, it knew Shadow Ball and Toxic) and whittled it down with Toxic and Shadow Ball. I finally defeated and got it. It has four circles in both attack and defense, opposed to my Punchy normal forme Giratina, which has three circles in attack and five in defense.

tl;dr: I got the legendary I wanted in Rumble Blast after days of searching.

Currently battling Flint in Pt with a grass mono team, and using my Torterra to wreckj his team (He started at lv 62 for the battle)

Knock off his Houndoom and Flareon no problem.
Out comes Rapidash.

Foe Rapidash began absorbing light.

Terrance used EQ.

etc etc

Elite Four Flint sent out Magmortar.

Foe Magmortar bagan absorbing light.

Terrance used EQ.

etc etc.

WHAT's WITH THE STUPIDITY OF AI? Honestly Flare Blitz/Flamethrower were easily smarter choices!

It looks at you and says 'oh its part ground type hurrdurr better use a grass attack', completely ignoring the fact that it's also part grass-type -- probably because Ground comes first in the database or something.

(PT)
Underleveled Grotle VS Rival's Monferno (@ Pastoria City)
Foe Monferno used Leer!
Foe Monferno used Leer!
Foe Monferno used Leer!
I wonder why it didn't just go with Flame Wheel.

I'm back, but with one from my cousin! I'd helped her buy a copy of Black as she'd only ever played Mystery Dungeon before. She absolutely loved it. One day we were hanging out, when she said she thought she'd found a glitch on her game.

Well, my curiosity was piqued. She fired up Black while she explained to me. She'd found this Pokemon in the wild that didn't look right, so she'd caught it for me to have a look at. I took a look... and...

SHINY PAWNIARD! Her first game, and she'd found a shiny! Even more luckily, she'd caught it without knowing what it was! She freaked when I told her how rare it was.

This is not exactly lucky, more like an overwhelming success.
So, I was fighting some Psychic-type trainer, and he was just going to send out a Wobbuffet. I automatically switched to Swadloon, without realizing that Wobbuffet has Shadow Tag.
It seemed to be OK until it used Destiny Bond. I got its HP very low and then didn't know what to do. I didn't want my Swadloon to faint because of the happiness evolution thing.
I got on Bulbapedia and found out that Destiny Bond could be escaped by stuff like weather or status damage. But I didn't have any of those.
So I decided to try recoil. I tried to waste as many turns as possible without damaging it. Using healing items on some Pokémon, Protect spam, Ether on Protect, more Protect spam... Even though according to my calculations, this wasn't enough. Then it started using Safeguard, and I realized that it had even more PP than I had originally thought.
Then I randomly attempted to use a berry on a Pokémon that didn't need it, and you know what? It wasted the turn without losing the berry. So I did it until the end. And when I won, my Swadloon evolved.

Both on our last Pokémon

Serperior's perish count fell to 2!

Pryce send out Weavile!
Weavile used Fake Out!

Serperior flinched and couldn't move!
Serperior's perish count fell to 1!

Weavile used X-scissor!
It's super effective!

(like 1 HP left)
Serperior used Leaf Blade!
Critical hit!
Weavile fainted!

You know how in Join Avenue, there's the raffle stand thing? For days, I've been getting either prize number eight or nine. This is while the shop's on rank 10. After a while, I just said, "Screw it, I'm not getting a Master Ball anyway. Might as well horde all the Berry Juices I can get."

Got the grand prize Master Ball literally right after thinking that. \o/

Just remembered one. This was a few years ago, back on my old Sapphire save. I had seen neither hide nor hair of Latias the ENTIRE TIME it had been roaming. Keep in mind that this had been, what, three months? Then, one morning, I was playing Pokemon before getting the school bus (not allowed game handhelds in school) and I was in a patch of tall grass. My mother told me to save and quit or I'd be late, when I got jumped by a Pokemon. LATIAS.

The lucky bit? My mother let me keep playing for long enough to toss the Master Ball. :D

Recently, I beat White 2 for the first time. At the end of it, me and Iris had one Pokemon left. I had Martyn, my Samurott, and I don't remember hers.
Anyway, I was sure that I was going to lose. She throws a super effective move at me, and Martyn survives with 1HP. Then Ice Beam gets a critical hit.

Oh, how I love using underleveled Pokemon.

Lucky:finding a ditto after transferring manaphy to diamond.
Unlucky: Getting hit in the face with a basketball when I was 9 while playing pokemon at recess. Surprised I even remember that.

Lucky: In Pearl, finding a shiny Steelix and shiny Whiscash in the same day.
Unlucky: In Heart Gold, I encountered a shiny Seviper in the Safari Zone. It fled. The only shiny I've encountered but didn't catch.

Have I never posted in this thread?

I want to talk about how I caught Zekrom in a Luxury Ball and Kyurem in a PokéBall, please.

I enjoy that godlike feeling when this happens:
Cobalion used Sacred Sword!
It's not very effective...
Critical hit!
Foe Musharna fainted!

Have I never posted in this thread?

I want to talk about how I caught Zekrom in a Luxury Ball and Kyurem in a PokéBall, please.

Super late, but...
angry-must-resist.png

Not sure if this is luck, but I just found the Shiny lv. 100 Superstar PalkiaBeast. AFTER 5 MONTHS.
I hate game sync sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom