• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Alvyren vs Cypher

Okay, we're off to a bad start, here. Maybe it's time for some payback?

Sirius, you're up.

Start off with a Confuse Ray, we need to do what we can to inflict some extra damage.

On the second action, go for an Extrasensory. If for whatever reason you can't, go for Psych Up.

On the third action, use Flare Blitz, unless you didn't use Psych Up. In that case, use another Extrasensory.

Confuse Ray ~ Extrasensory / Psych Up ~ Flare Blitz / Extrasensory

Good job, Shenlong. Sirius will be a difficult adversary, but we can still try to set the stage right for your partner. Detect Sirius' confuse ray -- we don't need you to lose your wits this early. Entomb Sirius with boulders to ensure we keep the speed advantage. Keep piling on the earth, finishing with a sharp stone edge.

Detect ~ Rock Tomb ~ Stone Edge

White City Stadium

White City is located on an island not terribly far from Johto; Olivine runs a ferry to and fro twice a day. The centerpiece of the popular tourist destination is the huge stadium situated between the amusement park and GB Tower where tournaments are held almost daily. It's Poké Cup season and brand new Trainers are itching to join the league fray. The stadium is a very neutral turf, with a neatly-trimmed grass surface and a clay platform in the middle shaped like a Poké Ball. Glass panels are raised high around the perimeter of the battling grounds to protect the audience of well over 10.000 without obscuring their vision -- damaging these panels will incur a disqualification penalty for the offending Pokémon. Fortunately, they're highly reinforced and it would take a very significant impact to even make a scratch.

Other notes: Held items, Pokémon modifications, and unofficial Pokémon are not permitted. A newer player would be preferred as this is my first battle in years (and things have changed a lot since).​

Alvyren (Ooo)
mienfoo
Shenlong (f) <Inner Focus>
Health: 57%
Energy: 48%
- "Buh-bye then." Poisoned (severe; 4% this round, 5% next); +2 atk.

Cypher (xOo)
vulpix
Sirius (f) <flash fire>
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
- "Hmmm..."​

Upon release, Sirius exhaled a bright, ghostly ball of light, which flickered over towards Shenlong. The mienfoo ducked down and dived sideways, avoiding the light just in time for it to fade out on the ground uselessly; Shenlong smirked and rubbed her hands together, quite confident. She's clearly exhausted, but breathing hard, but still able to fight, by any means.

Frowning, Sirius sniffs the air, pinpointing a weak spot on the mienfoo - and then grabs hold of it mentally, wearing down on her mind. The fighting type has no way of fighting back, and Shenlong bends over on her knees, whimpering in pain. Sirius grins, but she loses her mental-grip, not being especially trained in the art of psychic battling; still, she did quite a bit of damage. Shenlong is still whimpering in pain, holding her head.

She shakes herself warily, blinking, then kicks the ground - and perhaps stunningly, twin boulders pop up around Sirius, rising up and trapping the little fox. Sirius yelps as the rocks push in, squeezing her tight; not only have they trapped her, they hurt. She whimpers and squeezes around, finding a position that doesn't hurt so bad, but she's still trapped, and that really puts a damper on the battle.

Still, she can locate the mienfoo mentally, and she does just that. Shenlong yelps as the vulpix enters her mind again, prancing around and pushing mind-buttons exactly where she shouldn't be. It hurts terribly - no one wants someone messing in their mind, especially a fighting type that has no ways of fighting back. Eventually though Sirius loses her grip and slips back out, finding herself trapped again between two rocks.

Shenlong sighs, rubbing her temples in pain. She kicks the ground again, and another boulder pops up, smashing against the tomb that encases Sirius. Most of it is blocked off, but some of the boulder breaks through and slams into the vulpix, scraping across her soft skin. She yelps, just as Shenlong did - it really hurts. Momentarily, at least, she's grateful for the boulders that took some of that hit for her.​

Alvyren (Ooo)
mienfoo
Shenlong (f) <Inner Focus>
Health: 28%
Energy: 23%
- "Buh-bye then." Poisoned (severe; 5% this round, 6% next); +2 atk.

Cypher (xOo)
vulpix
Sirius (f) <flash fire>
Health: 77%
Energy: 85%
- "Hmmm..." -1 speed, trapped.

Arena Notes:
None.

Final Notes:
- The Rock Tomb blocked some of the Stone Edge.
- Alvyren attacks.

Excellent work. Smash through to your enemy and strike with a force palm. End with another barrage of stone edge.

Rock Smash ~ Force Palm ~ Stone Edge.

A I DQ'd yet?

I'm seriously sorry guys, I had an expected lack of computer for quite a bit, and even then , I had a lot of stress of my back.

Alright, Cypher is DQ'd and Alvyren is victorious.

Not too sure about my prize-giving skills, especially in those situations, but...

Alvyren gets 16$ for winning this and Zhorken 10$ for reffing. Cypher doesn't get anything.

Shenlong gets two exp. points and both Plevel and Sirius get one.

Back
Top Bottom