• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

9b40fd61-3510-4ded-9020-818c003b20cc-jpeg.689

ok serious thoughts:
  • blu's misunderstanding of hydras was amusing, possibly means he's not on the same scumteam as one of them (and statistically it would be odd if all of the hydras were town, so )? I think the reaction would have been hard to fake
  • on redneckstryke: the fruit vendor thing seems plausible with the theme but... almost too plausible? like, the theme is the only thing going for it - we have no other evidence this is in any way a bastard game, and it's not terribly difficult to fake for 2-3 nights by pretending to be roleblocked or to have accidentally targeted mafia, and according to the mafiascum wiki, claiming D1 is apparently not good play as town. it would help if we knew which, if any, of {herbe, RNP, stryke} have ever played on a site where fruit vendors are generally known about - anyone have a clue?
  • didn't particularly like the memeing between eifio & the multisnake about scumslipping, but possibly I just have trauma from a game about 4 years ago when the entire scumteam memed about being scum, nobody believed them, and they won comprehensively
  • blu you need more sleep go back to bed

Imagine rolling a role who can only post on Sundays between 5am-12pm UTC 😳

Daisy Mae, the strongest of all characters!

• on redneckstryke: the fruit vendor thing seems plausible with the theme but... almost too plausible? like, the theme is the only thing going for it - we have no other evidence this is in any way a bastard game, and it's not terribly difficult to fake for 2-3 nights by pretending to be roleblocked or to have accidentally targeted mafia, and according to the mafiascum wiki, claiming D1 is apparently not good play as town. it would help if we knew which, if any, of {herbe, RNP, stryke} have ever played on a site where fruit vendors are generally known about - anyone have a clue?

I mean it doesn't even make sense that he would know if he got roleblocked, fruit vendor doesn't get feedback

idk why nobody cares about this

I mean it doesn't even make sense that he would know if he got roleblocked, fruit vendor doesn't get feedback

idk why nobody cares about this

I noticed! Just didn't think it was worth mentioning it again when you'd already pointed it out.

"just memeing" is also a possibility but quite tricky to determine either way unless he gives us a straight answer on the matter

which, yanno, this is RNP we're talking about

i’ve also been taking it for granted that FV is not what’s going on. i have my own thoughts but it’s probably not great to delve too deep into this, yeah?
-m

fwiw i thought it was possible that the fruit vendor thing was part of his flavor and not the roleclaim (like i got character, character’s ingame pastime, and role) though idk if there’s even a fruit seller type among acnh flavor lol. i have not played but i couldn’t find anything, so that’s something.
btw the other thing he said IS something that he would notice getting blocked
-m

koko why the thinking react?
Uh, my thought process was basically "she's talking about thinking -> show a thinking react". I put way less time into evaluating which react to use than you seem to be imagining :P It was originally a "Like" but I changed it because it wasn't quite so expressive.

I suppose "fruit seller" could be part of his flavour if you consider turnips to be a type of fruit; Daisy Mae, who Blu mentioned a couple of posts earlier, is a character who sells turnips every Sunday morning. But I think #98 suggests that the fruit thing - whether a meme or not - was supposed to be a reference to the role itself rather than flavour.

My role PM mentions my character's ingame pastime too, by the way. Does yours explicitly describe the connection between your pastime and your role?

two-queens-extreme-close-up-2BCHM8F.jpg

queens:
tbh²
portrait-very-excited-young-man-260nw-632428763.jpg

vibing:
kokorico
bbt
depositphotos_202271646-stock-photo-positive-blonde-guy-showing-ok.jpg

"Positive blonde guy, showing OK sign, demonstares that everything is fine"
sure:
mawile
jack