• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

i am rereading tbh
@Keldeo can you talk more about the rsp/vf not w/w read you mention in 568? don't think i'm understanding it
-m
Sure. In the abstract, if you're mafia and your partner posts something that is kind of untrue or wolfy knowing that they're wolf - in this case the time discrepancy between VM leaving thread and the movie starting - it's like... the kind of thing where you might wince or maybe walk it back a little bit rather than point it out with semi harsh wording. In other words if they're w/w RNP would be shining a spotlight on an actual weak point there. I think it's possible the calculus on the tone in particular changes because it's RNP, and it's a snap read based on a RVS interaction, but I like applying it lol.

ngl, I was thinking this as well. don't get me wrong, sniping at von is totally in character, but I think as a w/w pair it's probably less likely to happen in the main game thread as opposed to scumchat

Went from wired to extremely tired but I'm mostly caught up.

I can vibe with RSP and kokorico tbh. Mawile content posting also feels okay.

I am... pretty sure I believe that tbh2 are talking in their chat as much as they say they are, and also that that makes them town? I feel like fine about their stated Blu progression

Think I'm okay keeping our vote on Jack pending more from him. I can maybe explain this more later but there seems to be a like, attitudinal disconnect in his readiness to vote MP imo.

@Trebek re: your 432, I happen to know that Eifie probs wouldn't bring that up as a wolf but can you talk me through why you were townreading us so much for that question, like what exactly about it rules out pretending to be genuine/solvy?

@kokorico can you hit me with a reads list when you're all caught up? Would like to see more concisely where you're at.

@Mist1422 Hi! I realize you've been tagged a lot but I hope everything's okay and you can make it back before deadline. I am interested in your thoughts about the question I tagged you in and on Bluwiikoon.

@M Plus 7 can talk about why you're townreading me?

i guess blu seems pretty towny based on reactions to our jokeposting but aside from that idk
After hearing MP7 talk about blu’s comments sounding forced I think I see it too now

like everyone knows the “wolf slip” in question was a joke; it wasn’t even an original joke since i did it like a few posts after huskeldeo, yet blu is still bringing it up and it does seem forced

yeah i’m vibing with a bluwiikoon vote
@Von Fu I'm a little confused what changed between these posts besides seeing stuff from MP and Blu posting more(?), can you talk me through what you were TRing before from Blu, and what you agreed with from MP7?

like. i can see a world where this is w!Blu and a world where this is v!Blu and both could make sense i guess, i just need to hear more from blu
Mood.

I think for now I wouldn't really get behind yeeting blu either. Maybe let's look at him again toMorrow when there's more to work with, but it seems too risky atm when there are eminently plausible worlds where he's town and possibly even has a strong PR.

@kokorico can you hit me with a reads list when you're all caught up? Would like to see more concisely where you're at.
Yes, of course! May be a little while though - I've been awake for about two hours now and haven't had breakfast yet. 😅

@JackPK could you talk to me a bit about why you see MP as more likely "mafia maliciously pushing town Blu" than "town with different values that cause her to be pushing Blu"?

Think I'm at

Grin emoji: (vaguely ordered, insert arbitrary gaps) M Plus 7, tbh, kokorico, Redstrykephoenix, Trebek, (maybe Mawile idr TVT that well)
Confused noises: Bluwiikoon
Hum: IndigoEmmy, Mist1422, JackPK, Von Fu

I feel like... vaguely contented with this many townreads but also vaguely discontented with this few strong townreads.

@Eifie if you're reading this stop reading the thread, please don't stress about the game, ilu friend.

😴

MP7 I know this seems sus as hell, but I really do want you to look into RSP's claims for reasons
(me) is also hoping for an explanation on this tbh, especially considering that Blu was reading RSP's claims as genuine in #522, so why have "reasons" for having someone else look into it
Oh, I still read RSP as genuine! ^^ There's just some role shenanigans that I'm not sure whether to divulge on just yet. Like, I'm in danger right now, but is it better to wait until EOD hours? I'm honestly not sure what to do rn

If anyone has specific things they want me to answer, just uhhh let me know? ^^ With so much spec happening, it's hard to know what I should be responding to.

I'm sure being awake at 5am didn't help for memory-related and information processing purposes, but you know how it be!

I'm Orville, the Jailer! At night I can take someone on a Nook Miles tour, and anything targeting them will instead affect me. Also, they get a notif about being on the island tour! This is pertinent because I targeted MP7 on N0 and thus she should know she was taken on a tour.

I told her to look at RSP's posts because I feel like a non-flavoured roleblocker targeting RSP helps support the fact that I'm town Jailer.

What would dodos do? Crumple under pressure, it seems! 😄

I think, considering this and the alienposting in Cats, subtlety is clearly not my strong point and I should just fullclaim on D1 every time LOL

I guess I can't be too torn up if I get yeeted, because at least that opens up mech and voting analysis for everybuddy else ^^

That, and I worked out some sick death flavor text with Herbe!! 😍

How useful is Jailer, anyway? Protecting someone is nice, but the potential to block a town role is not nice... 😰

and that flavor, it would more fit a- what is the role, the one who leaves town?
Commuter?

I don't know... I think that if Herbe had already decided he wanted that role in this game, then Jailer would be a natural thing to call it (even though it's not quite the same as a standard jailer), and Orville would be a natural character to assign it to (even though there are other roles that would maybe fit him better). The bit I'm having trouble with is that role's existence in the first place, although I can't really say why. So I guess I'm reserving judgement until MP7 sallies forth.

(I assume, since he said it, that Blu believes MP7 will corroborate his story. Whether or not you think that's AI, and if so on whom, is a different story.)

Back
Top Bottom