• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Mafia

if there is still any doubt regarding koko’s alignment i hope that this can settle it.
this is post #1326:
I agree with the interpretation that Jack probably shot Emmy and died for it, while the mafia shot VF and MP7 died as their lover. I think that the mafia's motivation for this was VF's thing-that-looked-like-a-cop-soft, which means that they noticed it.
this is post #1362:
we're kk slider/the roleblocker who occupies others by playing sick tunes, rsp n0 (because we thought it would be funny ...) and koko n1 (because e was one of two who we didn't have a reason /not/ to block, can expand on this reasoning though)
then, in #1402, when koko claimed doctor…
I'm Mable (the sister of Sable and Label, for the non-AC-playing philistines), and just like Mawile's, my role flavour describes how sewing is a remarkably similar pastime to the practice of medicine, making me a qualified Doctor. I healed Keldeif on N0 and VF on N1; the former as a coinflip between them and Seshas, the two strongest players, which clearly went the wrong way, and the latter because I assumed they were either a cop or mafia, and the heal would be useful in the first case and at least non-damaging in the second. Presumably raritini's block on me is why VF nevertheless died.
interesting to see how koko, who is definitely not mafia, instantly assumed that e was roleblocked and that other doctor!mawile couldn’t possibly be lying about healing mp7
- rari

if there is still any doubt regarding koko’s alignment i hope that this can settle it.
this is post #1326:
I agree with the interpretation that Jack probably shot Emmy and died for it, while the mafia shot VF and MP7 died as their lover. I think that the mafia's motivation for this was VF's thing-that-looked-like-a-cop-soft, which means that they noticed it.
this is post #1362:
we're kk slider/the roleblocker who occupies others by playing sick tunes, rsp n0 (because we thought it would be funny ...) and koko n1 (because e was one of two who we didn't have a reason /not/ to block, can expand on this reasoning though)
I'm Mable (the sister of Sable and Label, for the non-AC-playing philistines), and just like Mawile's, my role flavour describes how sewing is a remarkably similar pastime to the practice of medicine, making me a qualified Doctor. I healed Keldeif on N0 and VF on N1; the former as a coinflip between them and Seshas, the two strongest players, which clearly went the wrong way, and the latter because I assumed they were either a cop or mafia, and the heal would be useful in the first case and at least non-damaging in the second. Presumably raritini's block on me is why VF nevertheless died.
interesting to see how koko, who is definitely not mafia, instantly assumed that e was roleblocked and that other doctor!mawile couldn’t possibly be lying about healing mp7
- rari
im voting koko as much as the next guy, but just want to make sure im not misinterpreting what you're saying:

you're saying its weird/convenient that e immediately assumed a VF kill before knowing that you blocked em?

this is post #1326:
this is post #1362:
- rari
im voting koko as much as the next guy, but just want to make sure im not misinterpreting what you're saying:

you're saying its weird/convenient that e immediately assumed a VF kill before knowing that you blocked em?
i’m saying that it is contradictory. if e healed vf, e should have assumed that mp7 was the lover who was nightkilled.
- rari

this is post #1326:
this is post #1362:
- rari

i’m saying that it is contradictory. if e healed vf, e should have assumed that mp7 was the lover who was nightkilled.
- rari
alrighty! at first i was like "uhhhh" but now im like "aaaaah" :p

I told myself to do work and not look at the thread until after midnight, which I actually kept to, but I still kept thinking about why we didn't eat the nightkill, ahah. Like... I felt like I played pretty hard with the time I had, so what even could we have done differently when us getting targeted over VF or MP would probably have bought at least another day or two. I assume mafia chat isn't gonna be released so I guess for postgame I am curious about why the kill happened / whether we were at least considered :V

The other consequence of it being late is now I'm tired in addition to feeling blah about the game...

I'll try to get down preliminary thoughts before sleeping, and I should be here for the few hours before EOD.

I'm Zipper T. Bunny, who is like, pretty weird-looking ngl. My role is the not actually a costume and my dancing skillz let me survive a kill, but after that happens, ~the magic is spoiled~ and I can no longer be saved from death in any way. As you might assume my BPV hasn't popped.

Apologize in advance for disorganized wall, I really need to get to sleep.

Credit where it's due, "YOLO" was someone on MU's idea, not mine. Am also a fan of "yeet or get beat."

Overall tbh's play has been just. Weirdly confident for sudden d2 YOLO after being really wrong on Blu d1... Even before the claims they had no process on RSP and they remained so confident in Mawile when like, their flawless meta sample is based on one months-ago game. I can't tell whether they're protecting possible buddies there or TMIing. I'm a bit hesitant on this read, more so than I think Eifie is, because I felt like I could see inside their head/process and they felt like they were working together on day 1. It also felt like mewt was much more excited for this game than Tarot, though I suppose both could be chalked up to the hydra nature and I still dislike their rigid POV. Way more plinko board than waterfall.

On reading into tbh's Mawile read, what initially made me want to lean toward it being TMIing is Mawile's ~flip on tbh today... although he obviously has reason to prioritize yeeting koko to tbh within a tbh/koko/x team as either alignment, so maybe that doesn't actually mean anything. Also tbh said they thought it's obvious that VF was killed over MP, I think either would have been a fair target not knowing how much mafia knew about the cop soft. Which I guess might also point to Mawile's heal being TMIed, but if tbh knows that the cop soft was dropped in scum chat then their 1450 would make sense to post anyway.

Feeding into that ?!?! about Mawile is that koko's recent posting also reads as really... agendaed? and ihni what to make of it. I do want to note that if koko is mafia, e is being voted by at least one of eir partners right now, and so it's probable that Needless Bussing(tm) is occurring in that world. But also the crossvote being between them and tbh just feels so like, manufactured by at least one party, and if tbh is so confident because of TMI, why not be bussing to secure the win the next day.

I was gonna rule them out as partners solely based on their pushes on each other because I feel like mafia would just go for the throat here, but Eifie thinks their handling of each other today has been just so... like... over-the-top (mewt getting fired up about koko not understanding her argument about not blocking Jack vig when I feel like from an outside suspicious POV it like, relies on self-meta so of course it's not directly understandable; koko going so hard after them that e's not voting the person e counterclaimed?) that it almost wraps around to feeling like it could be theater.

Uhh. Literally last game I got caught out misreading a Trebek/mewt interaction as not partners but I'm like pretty sure that the whole conversation about Trebek's claim doesn't happen the way it did (drawn-out, talking past each other, tbh basically fishing for info) if they're w/w and it was indeed Trebek's plan to change up his claim or something.

Trebek's claim itself places him weirdly in the mech thunderdome because it like, technically confirms koko but doesn't actually confirm anything because I guess one of them is a mafia doctor - because either koko just lucked into making up multiple doctor softs on day 1, or Mawile lucked into the sewing-doctor flavor connection since he claimed first. Also I don't think that mafia Trebek like, clears us and Mawile via reads, then confirms koko, that seems like a bit of a towny/fluid counterpoint to tbh/koko not at all backtracking/considering.

RSP and Mist not giving reads is like, honestly very fair for both of them but. Head empty. Could probably fit most teams. For what it's worth, I think both are telling the truth or partial truth about their claims (by partial truth I mean along the same lines as Stryke's self-watcher claim in Tarot) given that Mist's could have been falsified by me and I'm like pretty sure I would have won that thunderdome. I'm like... mmm... maybe that should make me feel better about Mist? I know I should probably just not treat the role as AI because I can 100% see Herbe/MF pulling a dark fishing bros with a mafia watcher.

Moving onto mechanical stuff, Eifie pointed out that no cop claim now and Emmy being a miller (assuming she was telling the truth) essentially confirms that Seshas was a cop if VF/MP were just lovers, which is another absolutely nasty stroke of luck.

fmpov there's got to be exactly one mafia between koko and Mawile - at least one because my role and Blu's bodyguard variant and two doctors would be way too much protection/death avoidance on town, but also no more than one because the fact that my role has that about being saved from death implies that there is a town doctor. Otherwise that's like, poison-healer without a poisoner level of setup misdirection.

But also like, I feel like tbh/koko and tbh/Mawile worlds are both possible. Where the last could be RSP, which, that would be a really nice bit of theater if tbh blocked their partner and was gonna try to go deep - and could easily be Mist, given the shrugness of her contributions so far toDay... maybe Trebek in lol Keldeo world but I feel it's kind of unlikely.

So the "highest % to be a wolf" vote I see myself making here is actually tbh... which is weird. I guess the tl;dr about why is I think koko/Mawile as a crossvote has exactly 1 scum and koko/tbh has 1-2, but. I know it's mechanically correct to resolve between the claims, and now I am psyching myself out after writing it out like that because as a reformed busser it just seems so weird to me that koko/tbh would manufacture a w/w thunderdome here on day 2 YOLO... so I'm just gonna stick with my vote for now and see where that goes I guess? Blugh.

Uh tl;dr:
- tbh weird
- koko weird
- Trebek good but stop sheeping weird tbh tbh
- shrug emoji on RSP/Mist
- wanna vote tbh tbh but we should be resolving between claims and I think tbh/Mawile > tbh/koko > 0
- pro tip: do not play mafia on no sleep, do not pass go, do not pass $200

Ah well, I'm sure it'll make for a funny story a year or two down the line.

Thank you for the sad react Blu, it's very kind of you.

Okay

So

^ Sorry. Took a moment out for lunch and then got distracted by helping with plumbing. We're planning to sell the house soon so there's lots of diy/etc going on.

First things first, I never wanted to alienate anyone, and if I've caused any genuine offence by my antics then I do apologise. Nothing I've said here is at all indicative of how I feel about any of you outside the game, and I'd hate it if this ended up as some sort of terrible incident that We Must Never Speak Of Again. Ily all <3

With that in mind: I'm not actually a doctor, I'm a one-shot bulletproof. It seems Mable has been experimenting with making clothing from some unusual materials - specifically, kevlar. My role PM, for the record, is totally unremarkable/standard for the role, and in particular does not include the rider mentioned above about being immune to healing roles once the one shot is expended.

I had the idea - it may seem crazy, but it made sense to me at the time - of pretending to be a valuable town PR in order to bait the mafia's nightkill on N2. (I'd frankly hoped that they might have seen my doc softs and shot me on N1, but I guess VF was too juicy a target.) I knew that that might ping some people's suspicion, but I hoped I'd be able to divert it onto someone I believed to be mafia - either Mawile or raritini. I also left some wordplay to try to signal to Trebek, in case he was a rolecop, what I was doing: I emphasised "proof" (end of post) when talking to him earlier, and made it clear that I was "heavily, heavily crossing my fingers" when claiming doctor. What I did not expect was for someone else to also claim bulletproof. I kind of wonder if Herbe was expecting any kills at all in this setup. :P

I still don't believe Mawile's claim, to be clear, and probably not Keldeif's either: three (or four??) town healing/protecting roles doesn't make sense to me, regardless of what they are, in a game where apparently the only source of KP other than the mafia's nightkill is a vig who's strongly incentivised to be certain about his shot before making it. I was also entirely honest about presenting my scumread on raritini, and I'm not quite sure what's meant by it being "disingenuous" - I think I explained my thoughts pretty well, even if you disagree that they're correct. At no point did I misrepresent my beliefs about the scumteam, although obviously I'm now revisiting them in light of Keldeif's claim.

I'm sorry to have caused such a wrecking ball of absurdity though an otherwise fairly normal YOLO, and I do totally understand if none of you believe me (things still wouldn't have been looking great for town even if everything had gone exactly according to plan, so I don't think a great deal of ground is likely to be lost either way). Honestly the whole experience has been pretty draining - yes, I realise that's entirely my own fault - so I'm going to leave it to someone else to figure out exactly what needs to happen from here. I'm certainly not going to be trying something like this again any time soon.

I still kept thinking about why we didn't eat the nightkill, ahah. Like... I felt like I played pretty hard with the time I had, so what even could we have done differently when us getting targeted over VF or MP would probably have bought at least another day or two. I assume mafia chat isn't gonna be released so I guess for postgame I am curious about why the kill happened / whether we were at least considered :V
... you didn't eat the nightkill because you weren't a claimed PR? or: because you are a wolf tbh. this is just weird posting
Overall tbh's play has been just. Weirdly confident for sudden d2 YOLO after being really wrong on Blu d1...
i think it would be bad play if we suddenly stopped making confident pushes after being wrong once, don't you agree?
i also think that it was very easy for us to start going 🤔 at koko after getting pushed around for a couple of pages. and for us to push the mawile/koko thunderdome that kokorico's claim mechanically forced.
It also felt like mewt was much more excited for this game than Tarot, though I suppose both could be chalked up to the hydra nature and I still dislike their rigid POV. Way more plinko board than waterfall.
given what you said in tarot, what does this bold translate to for you. that we're town?
don't know what rigid POV you're on about when i said all of these d1. you know, before koko started trying to style on us
stuff i feel strongest about so far is town bbt/koko
this is like the most relaxed i have ever seen koko
blah blah metareads blah blah but i think if koko is wolf then it's part of a really conscious push to break meta right now
that it almost wraps around to feeling like it could be theater.
lol do you sincerely think that there was any moment in there where koko and i were not trying to get each other lynched tbh
in what world is "i am counterclaiming <this role> but let's get tbh^2 in particular" theater. sure, maybe, if the only teams left involved us and koko then whatever, but, well ...
RSP and Mist not giving reads is like, honestly very fair for both of them but. [...] I think both are telling the truth or partial truth about their claims
we can confirm that rsp does indeed have that announcer role, though who knows if there's something left out
rari and i even noticed that the absence of the morning announcement was mentioned in d1 flavor and we were like. ah. that was us blocking them
Ah well, I'm sure it'll make for a funny story a year or two down the line.
Resignation (2020)
^ Sorry. Took a moment out for lunch
Revitalization (2020)
I emphasised "proof" (end of post) when talking to him earlier, and made it clear that I was "heavily, heavily crossing my fingers" when claiming doctor.
these are not dogwhistles
I still don't believe Mawile's claim, to be clear,
why are you not voting on him then

-m

@kokorico
I still don't believe Mawile's claim, to be clear, and probably not Keldeif's either: three (or four??) town healing/protecting roles doesn't make sense to me,
does this take into account the fact that blu wasn't a true healing role tbh? his role is that he picks a target and redirects actions meant for that target onto himself, including kills, according to his claim in 832

I still don't believe Mawile's claim, to be clear,
why are you not voting on him then
Because there are other people who I also don't believe, like I said.

It's possible that a wagon will start coalescing around him! In that case I probably will move onto it, yeah. But tbh I'm pretty done with trying to figure out the best course of action at this point.

@kokorico
I still don't believe Mawile's claim, to be clear, and probably not Keldeif's either: three (or four??) town healing/protecting roles doesn't make sense to me,
does this take into account the fact that blu wasn't a true healing role tbh? his role is that he picks a target and redirects actions meant for that target onto himself, including kills, according to his claim in 832
It's a little weaker than a doctor, yes, but it fulfils the same purpose of hindering the mafia's attempts to kill particularly valuable townies.

Back
Top Bottom