• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Another

"....You're a loon." Steven said, "So you say that the League Champion turned us into humans....and we were Pokemon. And he has a true form? He's a Pokemon too?"

Steven let out a slight snicker.

"Being around that curly-headed girl must have given me some strange dreams, no doubt." he said, "I'll humor you, old dream man.....I'll believe what you have to say. After all, it's only a dream...."

Crystal finished her ramen and payed. This festival was such a nice place, so carefree. Maybe she could live with them, they were all so nice. Nothing horrible could happen to her in this festival. This was an idea that was soon to be proved false.

She turned around in her chair and rested her elbows on the counter. She leaned back and watched the fire. It was a nice fire and the people seemed friendly but she stayed away. She never liked fire, she prefered cold or warm places, never hot.

Then she noticed a spark, a blue spark in the fire. She thought nothing of it until she saw it again. Then there was a bright light, brighter then the sun. She was thrown off the chair by the sudden shock and hit the floor.

Then she saw her childhood flash, but it wasnt right. There were strange creatures, like pokemon, treating her like family. Then the light faded and it went to blackness again.

Is this it? she thought, Am i dead?

Then she heard faint voices, one was a scratchy man's voice, the other a sweet female. They were calling her name, telling her to wake up. So she figured she would listen to them. She wanted to go back to reality, little did she know the suprise that would await her awakening.

She slowly opened her eyes, she was still in a foresty type area. But the festival was gone, had she been out that long? Then she heard talking so she tried to stand up but fell.

What's wrong with my legs? She thought, then looked down. Her eyes widened as she saw a terrible sight. Not only were her feet gone, so was her body. She had the body of some pokemon. She wanted to scream but she didnt want any attention.

She finally figured out how to move this new serpent body and proped herself up. She looked around and saw other creatures.

Maybe this is some sort of cult? She thought, Oh, I don't like cults.

But afer listening to some old man and two or three of the others talk, she figured everyone was as lost as her. Then it hit her, the other creatures must be other festival guests. for now she would stay aside.

Anothers? What were 'Anothers'? And why was this old man - Mr. D'Estello - calling them this? Was he calling the league champion an awful man because they supposedly turned them into Pokemon... Maxwell was so confused. He didn't understand anything that was happening, he just knew he wanted his parents.

His parents.

"Where's my mother and father?" His voice sounded more feminine, and high-pitched. Everyone else was asking questions, why not him as well. "I want to see my dad," he whined, shuffling back. This was a little bit scary. It was almost like a bad dream, though it couldn't be a dream. It felt so real, he could actually feel his tiny heart beating and no matter how many times he told himself to wake up, he just wouldn't do it.

Now he heard something that he could actually understand. The champion turned them into humans. But, as long as he could remember, he was with his parents his whole life. He had no memories of being a Pokemon - as that was what he was - so what could he believe? But now that he thought about it, he didn't really look like his father, and definitely not his mother. He had only guessed what color hair he would've had if it hadn't have been bald for his entire life. Were his parents hiding something from him, if they were even his parents at all? No, they wouldn't. They loved him. Even if he wasn't their biological son, they raised him as their own. He was a Hammond. Not a Pokemon.

Then he started to tear up. He knew he shouldn't cry, his father had told him plenty of times that he was too much of a big boy to do that.

"I want my parents," he whimpered to Mr. D'Estello.

"...Okay okay okay. WHAT."

Angel gave Arylett the most incredulous stare. "You're telling me you believe this guy? That he's," she paused to laugh, "a wizard?"

"My dear, she's right on the money!" Bazdir gave Arylett a great smile. "Yes, I am quite the wizard... the rest call me rogue because I left the Other... that's the separate realm we magic folk live in. Ah yes, I had presumed most of you would think yourselves dreaming... go on, pinch yourselves and see if it hurts, because I assure you, you aren't asleep."

Angel would gladly take him up on that, extending her claws... if this was real, it would take some getting used to... and digging them into her right foreleg, hissing with pain.

"Nope... ow, definitely not a dream- hey, they're right. What about our parents."

"Mmmm, if you do so wish, when we find them again you can notify them... if they aren't Anothers themselves. Heehee." He winked at the group.

Angel again looked at him funny. "You talkin' 'bout my momma?"

"No ma'am, certainly not! Why even in the Other that is something you just do not do!"

"Hrrrm... well, I guess I have no choice, do I? Fine, I'll... go with and see what this is all about. Just as long as I have the choice of being human again after this is all over."

"But of course. After all it is only the transformation against one's will that's immoral and wrong..." Bazdir began pacing again. Yes... we must make our way to Zemyata Town, and from there to Ziamli City... the one I'm looking for resides there. The gym leader, I believe. Very small man, liked Ponyta a lot for some odd reason. Though first, perhaps a visit to the Maa Ruins- no. No, we must locate him first! Shall anyone else join me in this quest?"

"...Riiiight."

"Oh, and yes yes... yes, I am the one who transformed you, after far too long pondering how to go about it. Why I am seeking this young man... well, I'll explain that on the way."

Steven dug his right claw into his left leg. It hurt.

"I know sometimes in dreams you can feel pain BUT THIS REALLY HURTS!" Steven growled, "So wait...we can go back to our human forms? To tell our parents and people we care about, at least?"

He tilted his head to the side.

"Are you gonna be taking us to....the Other?" he asked, "What is it? A magical land with...fairies and junk?"

He shifted uncomfortably.

"Can I also get a mirror or something?" he asked, "To see what I look like. All I know is that I am some kind of feline..."

Tokine was as scared as the rest of them. Her consious told her to be calm. How could she be calm with out Torchic? No, she must be strong...For Artemis.

"...We have to trust him....Like Arylett said, he's a wizard....that can't get crazier than anything else. I'll go with....who's with me? If we stick together, we can find whatever it is we're looking for."

Tokine thought that was total BS, but she wanted everyone to be calm. After all, all of them were confused, and so was Tokine.

"....I know we can do this...even if it means staying with a wizard dude."

Tokine reallly didn't want to go, but what about her Torchic? Artemis would wind up in the Pokemon pound...or just a normal pound...or just- she can't think straight now! All she wanted was Artemis and-she gasped- her family. Oh her family must be worried sick! Tokine just went to the festival without saying, and now it'll take weeks to get home. At that time, the police would be looking for her to come home.

Edit:(Damn, Ninja'd. >.<)

Constance glanced around at the others who were talking, and let out a small hiss. Just like the others, she had been ignored! But before she could interject something, the others all bombarded the old man -- Bazdir or something like that -- with questions, which he answered. This only made Constance more angry, and she stormed forward, not caring if anyone was in her way, and stood right in front of the old man. She could hardly hear what the others were saying, but she did hear what he was saying. They had been Pokemon all along, and just in human form to keep them contained. There was someone who was afraid of them... well, she could take advantage of that. Now the old man wanted them to help him. Constance could hardly believe it. This was out of nowhere? Others were saying that it was a dream, but Constance could smell the rainforest all around her, and because of the fact that she had a sense of smell, she knew that it wasn't a dream. She glared at the old man with fiery eyes from that short distance, the mane along her spine flaring up dangerously. "I have no idea what you're planning for us," she growled. "I'll go with you because I have nothing else to do, but..." Quickly she whirled around and stomped away from him, snarling as she did so, "Don't do anything that would put me against you."

The felid walked a considerable distance from the man. She was now standing at the edge of the group, facing away from the others and to the south, where their destination was, apparently. She stood up straight with her ears angled forward. Her mane had relaxed again to a narrow, small line of flame that split at the back of her head and went up each ear. Her tail was also tense, as she looked out into the rainforest. Only her tail moved from side to side, and her eyes turned as they scanned the area. But other than the flickering of the flames on her ears, nothing else moved. She was alert, ready to move at the slightest warning that she should. There might have been something out there; she didn't know. But wherever she was, she had never been here before. What the old man had said, she had heard somewhere in mythology, but now it was becoming real. What was she to do? The spotted cat didn't know, but she would figure it out.

Tokine glanced at the man. "Wait....if we were really pokemon..ish...are our parents...REALLY our parents?"

Tokine didn't even want to hear it. She'd known her family her whole life, and now they might not even be her family?

That might explain her brothers having brown hair and she had red hair.

There was NO signifigant details in common.

Tokine walks to the back of the group, being as timid as she wwas as a human.

Uisce had only just noticed the man. He was talking to the others. The others... how confusing. Uisce wasn't inconspicuous anymore. And he would have to move with the others, if they were going anywhere.

This wasn't a dream, huh? He hadn't considered the possibility of a dream, even. When he did dream, he never thought any of it was a dream. Everything seemed so... real all the time. No matter what it was. Even dreams couldn't be separated from reality.

Not only did this thinking hurt his brain, but his arm was starting to hurt from leaning on it so much. Awkwardly and mostly due to not having any legs, he flopped down face-first on the ground, relieving his arm of its soreness and... somehow not damaging his face. That was weird. Was he still wearing his mask? That was what it looked like. So he hadn't lost it - good. He liked that mask a lot. But it was sort of hard to comprehend something simple like losing a mask when he was stuck inside the body of a snake.

He glanced at his arm; there was a long aqua-colored fin extending from the back of the elbow, and it was floppy and flexible like a fin should be. At least he didn't have some overload of iron or anything. It was still such a strange arm, though; the hand was much too small. He continued to explore himself with his eyes. His skin was covered with tiny, hard scales that felt like they could withstand quite a few different things, and there were armored plates on his front side. It probably wasn't good that there was a weak spot below his chest, though. Maybe he could keep that covered.

Wait a minute - if he had fins, that probably meant he should be underwater. And he still didn't know how quite to open his mouth, either. He was quite the fish out of water right now. His jaw didn't feel quite right. Was it broken?

Still laying awkwardly, he rolled over on his side and raised his free left hand to feel underneath it. The scales there were quite hard, but he could feel that the bones were most likely intact. That was strange. So what was - oh, at the front... snakes' jawbones weren't attached at the front, were they? That must be his problem. It'd probably still open as normal, it'd just be a little unfamiliar.

Experimentally, he opened his mouth just a little. He had expected this - it was a little uncomfortable, and it was quite a strange sensation, but he could put up with it.

"Rainforest?" he echoed, practicing the movement of his jaw. "That must mean there's no water around here..."

Wait, so this man was a wizard? Yep, this was a dream. Maxwell started walking away. He didn't know which direction he'd walk in, he just picked a random one. And he kept on walking, until he heard Mr. D'Estello talking about their parents. Wait... So did this mean his parents would be turned into these 'anothers' as well? Maxwell spun around, and headed back towards the old man. As everyone else tried pinching or clawing himself, he could do nothing, as he did not have claws in this new body. As he walked towards Mr. D'Estello, he thought to himself what exactly what he was. He could tell he was green, and the flowers meant he was a Grass-type. Though other than that, he didn't know exactly what.

If his parents weren't turned into Pokemon, then where were they? Did the light take them away as well. He knew they were all in the Lurra Rainforest, which was on Tokero Island, his homeland... Why, he and his parents lived in Ziamli City! All they would have to do was go to Zemyata Town and then go straight to Ziamli! It was that easy! And Zemyata was where this old man said he was heading... Maybe Maxwell could learn to be okay with this old man.

That's when he stopped in his tracks, hearing a hiss. A red-and-orange feline-looking creature was padding away from the rest of the group, heading south. He watched her - somehow he could just tell it was a woman, er, female - while full of intrigue. Flames danced along her back. She was a Fire-type. He was a Grass-type. Maybe it would be a good idea to stay away from her and let her cool down, pardon the pun. But something compelled him to walk forward towards her instead of the old man, and when he finally reached her, he asked the simple question he had asked the girl with the Torchic back when he was human.

"Are you alright? I mean, other than the fact that we're animals and have no idea where our family and friends are."

Bazdir smiled and peered down his nose through his sunglasses at Arylett. "Ohohoho, dear, are you quite sure you don't have wizard blood in you?" He clapped his hands together. "So, you want proof that I am in fact one of the magic folk, do you?"

"It would be nice..." Angel mumbled.

"Well then, how's this for you?" He leaped up... and didn't fall. No, quite the opposite, he continued to levitate upwards, above the trees, and flew around in circles a few times before landing.

Angel's jaw dropped. "You- did you just- he- I-"

"Not enough?" A ball of energy formed in his left hand, and he tossed it upward a few times before pitching it toward the nearest tree, which was left with a good-size dent and a whole lot of burn marks.

"You- you did just do that." She looked nearly ready to shit a brick.

"Yes, indeed I did. Is that proof enough for you?"

"Y-yessir."

"Wonderful! I shall alert us when we draw near to the town, and I will explain just why I am seeking this fellow then. Yes, that seems like a good time." He leaned in close to Tokine. "Your Torchic, she is safe. Never underestimate the power of a wizard. Come along then!" And so, he started down the path, with the confused-looking Angel in tow. The sooner they did this, the sooner she could go home.

Constance almost didn't seem to notice the flowery creature approach behind her until he was pretty close. Then she turned her head, slowly moving the rest of her body along with it. "Other than the fact that this wizard guy is kind of suspicious," she replied, having heard what the others had said. She also definitely had not missed the fiery orb that he had thrown at a nearby tree, whizzing past Constance closely enough so that she could feel its heat. She was just confused and had no idea what to do. Something was really telling her not to follow the wizard guy, but everyone else was, and she had nothing else to do, so perhaps it wouldn't be too bad. She was still in a bad mood when he started down the path, and reluctantly, the dark-spotted cat turned and followed the human, glancing back toward the flowery creature once more.

As she walked along the path, Constance stayed at a distance from the old wizard man. Now that she was a Pokemon or something, her instincts were very powerful and she didn't really trust him, or really anyone else. The green flowery thing that had walked up to her earlier seemed fine, but she still had no idea who anyone was. By the sound of what the old man had said, they were all at the festival before, but Constance hadn't really talked to anyone. For a moment, she paused to hope that Kaiju was okay, but then she thought to herself that there was no way she could get out of this anyway, and she would have to hope that he could fend for himself. In the same way, she would have to learn to take care of herself in this form...

"What exactly is this place to which we're going, anyway?" the feline asked from a distance behind the old man, being very particular about her grammar and asking the question hesitantly.

Maxwell turned around to look at the wizard as well. He noticed him floating in the air, and sending a ball of energy straight towards them. He ducked in enough time, and looked back at the scorch marks it lefts on the tree behind him. He looked back at the cat.

"Yeah, he's kind of weird," was all he had to say about that. When he saw everyone else following Mr. D'Estello, he only watched as each individual followed, including the Fire-type that he had just recently met. He figured that if he was going to travel with these people, he might as well get to know them. He finally jumped behind the fire-cat, and waddled up next to her. He was sort of shy to ask about everyone right now, maybe it would be better if he waited for everyone to reach Zemyata, maybe found a place to stay at. It would be awkward if all of them waltzed into a hotel or PokeCenter, asking for a room to stay in. A man with this many Pokemon, Pokemon that had never even been seen before by others, would look awfully suspicious. He cleared his throat, asking his next question after the fire-cat had asked hers.

"And where are we going to stay? Will we be safe out in public? Or should we stay hidden?"

This wizard could fly! Tokine was totally convinced about him being a wizard. She and the others...were free! Despite all the exitement, how could a jellyfish thing live out of water? Did Tokine have lungs? She looked at her transparent body. Nothing. She became baffled at this. She looked at her hand..thing. It has a psychic ball of energy. Boy, was it tiring holding that. Suddenly, her psychic powers held her arm up. This was AWESOME!!!

Tokine levetated up to the man, which was just a few feet. "Alright, I believe you have indeed freed us. However, that doesn't mean I will trust you, for while you have powers, that does not mean you will use it for good. Now just show us where to go. If you dare try anything, I shall be very wary." Tokine felt like she should be on guard. Her gut usually points her to the right direction.

"Now show us where to go, wizard." Tokine demands. Tokine's usually shy, but this feeling she has....bravery...she feels brave! She never felt this before! She likes it!

"Show us where to go or just sit here answering more questions"

((You guys do so much when I don't have computer access))

Drew listened to the man speak intently, and then finally opened his brilliantly coloured eyes when he began a magic demonstration. He didn't like it. Certianly the man had proven that he was some sort of "wizard", but who's to say that he was just manipulating them? Who's to say that he hadn't simply turned them into these things? As was quite obvious, Drew was not a fan of his new form. The legs just felt odd, and his antennae were long and got in the way of his vision. If he tried to hold them up, he simply got tired much to quickly. Boy, he sure was tired, staying up past midnight and then getting a shock like this could do that to a person.

He saw the group begin to move off to the South. He knew they were going to Zemyeta town, and that displeased him. He might actually be a bit of help to the others trying to get out of here if they had traveled North, where he had lived his entire life. Or not if this wizard was telling the truth. According to him, he might have lived near Zemyeta his entire life, or anywhere on Tokero Island. Agh, it was all too confusing to him. He was just going to keep his opinion to himself until the moment appeared where he was needed. Until then he fell into stride (he was pleased by the fact that his legs worked with the same motions as he had used as a bipedal being, all of the limbs following a distinct rhythm) behind the fiery feline who also seemed to express his displeasure, albeit much more openly. If possible he would use her as a bit of a shield almost. Everybody paying attention to this loud character, ignoring little Drew Overman who skulked in the back. No, that was not who he was, he wanted to be noticed eventually. But not yet, not yet.

He then turned his attention to the other wild fire-type, the girl who was playing "wizards-pet" at the moment, absolutely worshiping this anonymous magic man who had come out of nowhere and told them to go on some mystical quest? Was she really that oblivious? He attempted to shake his head at the thought, but with his segmented body this didn't work to its full effect. Instead he just scrutinized her from the back of the pack, watching how she kept rambling on about her dreams and drawings and stories. She was most definitely an outgoing person -er Pokemon.

After digging her claws into one of her legs, and detemining it maybe this was reality, and subsequently having to calm herself down once again.

She still didn't buy the whole wizard routine... until the man began floating. And then made a light in his palm that scorched a tree. Despite the pain in her leg (now beginning to throb, how nice), was beginning to be convinced this was a dream once again.

As perplexed as she was, well, there seemed to be no other choice than to follow him. Well, no 'safe' choice. She took the back of the group, watching the firey one follow the 'wizard' with enthusiasm.

"Ohh, he can fly," Crystal said sarcastically to herself,"Why doesn’t he change us back then?"

She was slightly irritated, first she had turned into this thing, and second was that she didn't trust magic. Magic was just an illusion after all, that 'wizard' was probably just using some secret device or something. And if he was a real 'wizard' then why should she trust him, he probably did this to her.

She looked around at the group, some trusted him, others did not. She read each face and got a different mood from them. Either way, if you trust him or not, the best idea was to follow him. Who knows what awaits them, whether it be some beast or the government, it was all bad. But she still didn't trust him, she didn't trust anyone.

Tokine looked at who she thought was Crystal. Crystal's facial expression was untrusting. Tokine could reason with that. She didn't trust the wizard either. However, if they wanted to get home, she had to follow him.

While everyone was asking questions, Tokine gazed up at the sky. The clouds made beautiful images. One made a Bellsprout. Another cloud made a Gible. Another cloud made a...Torchic...Oh, how Tokine missed Artemis! She could only see her now, using flamethrower on her face. Tokine just wanted to go home!!!!

"Are you really a wizard?...Anyone could do a trick with a wire to fly...Show us more..to prove I -or we- can trust you...If you are a wizard, you'll have no problem changing a grain of sand into a white dove." Tokine dares. Her gut tells her to be on guard, so to prove he is a wizard.

Once again, Tokine gazed at the sky. The clouds circled the sun as if it was a perfect spiral stair case. While gazing upward, Tokine listened to the wizard if he gave an answer- if he did.

Hmm. Uisce appeared to be able to breathe without gills, so no water would be a minimal problem. Apart from the fact that he might have trouble getting around if this snake-body was built for swimming and not slithering on the ground.

"I'll come too," he said quickly. He didn't want to be left behind in an environment that might leave him vulnerable. If he was a water snake, he should get closer to water; presumably, this place was in the middle of an island somewhere. Snakes slithered by crawling with the scales on their front, but his own scales didn't appear that mobile, so he'd probably have to propel himself with his tail or something. He still hadn't mastered the movement, though, as making his spine longer and subtracting his legs was quite different from being human. He'd probably have a better time in water, although that sort of wasn't an option at the moment.

Time to experiment, then. The others were getting farther away.

Pulling himself along on these spindly arms wouldn't get him that far, so he'd have to do something with his tail. As soon as he figured out how to move it. He hadn't mastered the brain signals yet.

He sighed, although it sounded more like some sort of subdued hiss-roar-noise. Why did he have to be aquatic? He liked water-types, but being almost immobilized in this environment wasn't good. He'd have to learn to control his tail soon, or he'd literally get nowhere. And whipping it around risking hurting someone wouldn't be a good idea.

"Grain of sand into a Pidove?" Bazdir laughed. "Child's play, my dear girl." His hand glowed a light purple-ish color... a similar color to that of the light last night. Nearby, one of the smaller trees twisted and morphed into a small fox-like creature with leaf-like patterns on its ears and tail. The newly transmogrified Leafeon blinked at the group, then sauntered off into the deeper rainforest.

"Is that proof enough? I will do so as many times as you wish before you accept such a fact-" He stumbled as Arylett hugged him, then blinked down at her. "Hoho, my dear, mind yourself." A simple puff of the light purple, and the flames were extinguished.

"...Wait a second, they're right! If you turned us into this, why can't you change us back? Especially with what you did to that tree? How do you know that you didn't just turn us into this for shits and giggles?"

"Initially transfiguring living beings other than plants into shapes not their natural forms would be immoral, my dear. Hmmm... no Aura seers in your bunch, I see... Simply put, if you were a transfigured human, you would still have the aura of a human. As you were, I saw the aura of a Pokemon behind a human guise. In more advanced terms, the shape of a living being cannot change the aura of a living being, no matter what shape they might take. A Pokemon has a Pokemon's aura humanized or not, a wizard such as myself a wizard's aura, and a human would have a human's aura. I saw that of a Pokemon in a human's form, and so of course I thought to myself, 'Anothers! Of course!' Perhaps if we can find a Lucario somewhere... not on this island however, I'd wager..."

Angel gave him a slow blink. "Okaaaaay... what the balls did you just say."

"I'll give that a minute to sink in. Onward we go!" He lifted Arylett and placed her on his shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom