• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Another

Surprisingly, Constance understood what the old man had said. Sure, she agreed with the others -- it would be quite simple for him to change them back, especially with the transformation of the tree into a Leafeon -- but there were certain reasons that he pointed out. She still thought that they had more reason to turn back, but the old man was a wizard, and Constance wondered if there was some sort of "code" beyond what he had said. Would it still be immoral if it was what they wanted? The feline thought as she walked, but never took her eyes off the wizard. She would have to watch him closely.

She had heard him say something about a "Lucario," which intrigued Constance because she hadn't seen any Lucario before; she had only heard about it in mythology. She didn't know of any wild ones or of any trainers that owned one. Legend had it that it had aura-sensing powers, which would back up what the wizard man Bazdir had said, but though Constance loved mythology, she was still skeptical. It was an interesting concept, but... she was still annoyed with the wizard man. So for now she would just try to get information to figure out what was going on exactly.

She looked back for a moment, seeing the water-snake... thing struggling along she paused, then padded over back to him. Even if this was a dream, she supposed it would be bad to leave others behind, especially considering there were other pokemon in the forest that could take advantage of one's lack of mobility.

And she'd guessed she might have to master speaking sooner or later.

Do you need help? So the last part of her message got through at least. And it least it was the one that needed being asked most. Though she was, surprisingly, missing the mouth she had as a human.

Steven let out a purr of understandingness. With all this magic, he was trying to keep as level-headed as possible.

"I see...." he muttered, "So..we best be on our way then? We won't get stuff done by just standing around."

Tokine wasn't even believed in this act. A wizard could do much more! She sneered. "I don't even believe this! If you can do 'Child's play', then if you truly are a wizard, you can do something extraordinary! Like....make a cure for cancer! A wizard should be able to help terminally ill people- or Pokemon!" Tokine gazed at the Leafeon that was a grain of sand. She suddenly realized what the guy meant by a creature's aura. So does that mean that newly Leafeon's aura would be a grain of sand? Again, she was still a little baffle, but she could understand it. Aura looked at all that grain of sand. Making that beach's sand alone would result in the world being overrun by Leafeons. She snickered.

"Ok you, now do something a little harder. Do something really hard. Make....this is off the top of my head, but take that grain of sand and turn it into a kumquat giving birth to a speeding ticket shaped like a constipated gopher. This is really for shits and giggles. Hehe.." Tokine remarked. Tokine looked down on her face. How would anyone here here just by telepathy? Telepathy is thoughts, so could they hear her thoughts? No, they couldn't, could they? If they heard her thoughts, they probably heard this. "We're waiting, old man." Tokine dared. She could only imagine how the kumquat giving birth would look. She just had to ROAL, Roll on air laughing. That image would make anyone ROFL, Or ROAL, or even ROWL, Roll on water laughing. Then again, no one could really roll on water, they'd either fly or drown, and drowning didn't seem too good.

Tokine wanted to try something. She gathered some psychic energy and put it around her. She used her mind powers to make it glow rainbow colours. Psychadelic, man! If no one knew what she was doing, they'd think they'd be trippin'. Tokine dared theman again, to make sure her heard "take that grain of sand and turn it into a kumquat giving birth to a speeding ticket shaped like a constipated gopher. I'm waiting." Again, she just could help LMFAO!! XDXDXD

"Oh look at him," Crystal sneared at the so called wizard,"What are you some Lucario, talking about Aura. I'll belive your magic when I am back as a human eating some raman."

She really didn't trust him. If that tree was child's play then why could he turn her back. She slithered along, staying far away from him. Only some miricle would make her trust him.

Uisce looked up. He had tried to use his tail as an on-land rudder for a moment, but the fact that he was, of course, on land combined with the fact that he hadn't figured out how to move this strange extension effectively made the endeavor rather useless. Then this gray feline had come along and offered help. At first, Uisce didn't answer, since the thing looked rather... ghostly, for lack of a better word. But as soon as the question sank into his head he replied.

"Yes please," he said, trying to keep his long body still for the time being. He didn't want to thrust himself in the wrong direction and crush this cat thing. "Of all things to be on land," he then muttered to himself, "why do I have to be a sea snake...?"

He waited for the feline to do something. After every few seconds he made the motion of what he hoped was flicking his fin, but was probably actually nothing. He still was not used to any part of this hard-scaled body, but the arms came closest to what he used to have.

Um... Try holding onto me with your arms and I can try to kind of carry or pull you? At certain times her voice would fade out, but she was getting used to this form of speech little by little. And again, the basic message came across. Her ear twitched. She really hoped this body was strong enough.

She padded over so she was beside him and within arms reach, crouching down a bit. Liesel began to wonder how exactly she kept upright, considering her posterior was some kind of smoke. Though considering this was (probably) a dream, she pushed the thoughts away from her mind. Again.

((Bold= what can be heard
If the bold mixed with italics confuses anyone I'll stop e_e))

Last edited:
Bazdir looked back at the utterly ridiculous demand of the girl with the attachment to her Torchic. "Surely you can come up with something more ridiculous?" He gave a coy smile, then glanced backward at the other girl as Angel bounded up.

"Yeah, old man! Change us back!"

"It isn't that simple, you see-"

"I don't care, I want my momma!"

"I've already explained that my magic is at its most powerful when Aether Point glows. However, something as complex as this many transfigurings still drains my power, and I do need to hold off on things so advanced. You see something like a tree to a Leafeon right now is simple because-"

CRRRAAACK!!

"...Because it would last a few minutes and the transfiguration would wear off." He stared up at the tree that suddenly sprang up a good few yards away. Whereas more than one of you demand your human forms back, and spreading my power that thin at a time like this would make the form only last a few seconds at most. I chose the time the Point glows so I may have enough power to shatter the transfiguration curse on you all once and for all rather than temporarily disabling it. I had expected that you would want your human forms back, however I did not anticipate that I might be so drained. If you would give me a day or so, it should be enough to restore one of you at a time... or we could be lucky enough to locate some Flaxflevium..."

"What the fuck is Flax-"

"A thing to be detailed should we run across it. However, it is very rare outside of the Other... hm." He fell silent about then, and walked on. He looked to be pondering.

Constance's ears caught the sound before she could see it. The ground below them was rumbling with a strange force, almost like it was being awakened by the group's very walking on it. For some reason, the shaking ground made the fiery cat nervous. Usually things like this didn't bother her, but now she was nervous about how the ground might break open and swallow her into its endless abyss. The rumbling grew louder, and the serval-like Pokemon nearly flattened her fiery ears against her head before she saw something coming. It was odd that she didn't hear it first; perhaps the noise was just covered by that of the ground below them. But this was definitely coming from above.

As Constance gazed up, she saw that the huge cliffs which they had been approaching were beginning to shift, and a few rocks that had been resting peacefully were now shaking. Suddenly the earth was dislodged, and the shaking of the ground became unbearable as the landslide came thundering down on top of the group. Constance couldn't even hold onto the ground properly, even though her claws were unsheathed. But she had to get out of the way! A rock was heading straight toward her, she realized painfully and with fiery eyes, and she might not have time to totally avoid it. But in an act of desperation, she leaped to the side, out of the path of the landslide. Thankfully the earthquake had thrown her in that direction, and Constance could almost feel the boulder fly by her tail as she sailed out of the way. Her eyes were shut tight, but if they were not, she would notice that another fiery creature had also moved in her direction in order to escape the rock slide. Finally as Constance regained her balance, she glanced toward the other fiery creature, and then stared up at the huge wall of rocks that now blocked their path. There was one thing that Constance was wondering: where was the old wizard man?

Tokine felt threatened. "How dare you insult my intellegince. If you cannot make my request, then go-" Suddenly, the grain of sand turned into a leafeon yelped, and then Tokine resumed talking, "-yourself. I don't have time to listen to a wannabe like you. However, I have to follow you to get home, so are you going or not? And you better take me to my Torchic, or-" Once again, the leafeon yelped again, possibly due to the hot sand. "-you you insolent-" The Leafeon yelp and now had fire ontop of its grass feet, poor Leafeon. "-. Now, show us the way out of here, however, if you so do try anything, you will feel the wrath of my psychic powers"

Tokine lifted her..tentacles?...up in the air and made a 5 foot ball of psychic energy. Tokine gave the wizard a wary look.

"Now you-"

"LEAFE!!", the Leafeon cried out as its legs were on fire.

"I will not be beaten by a-"

"LELELELELE!!!" The poor leafeon yelped as it's body grew to flames.

"So dont try anything" Tokine finished.

"LLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!" The leafeon cried. It yelp so loud it broke the sound barriers. It was now entirely engulfed in flames.

"For the love of- sit still you leafeon" Tokine yelled.

Tokine used her 2nd tentacle and used hydro pump on the leafeon. Steam was coming from the Pokemon, but it was safe.

Uisce hesitated a little. Would he be too heavy for this feline to drag? He could see that it was smaller than him, although a bit too big to eat if that had even crossed his mind. Maybe it had lots of physical strength somehow. Uisce considered trying his tail again, but he didn't want to ignore the ghostly-looking cat, so he reached out with his lean arms and took the feline around its shoulders with his hands. For probably the millionth time in the last five minutes, he was wondering what sort of crazy wizard would turn him into a water snake when there was no water anywhere nearby.

As he waited, he experimented with his tail a little more. He still wasn't good at moving it, but after about ten seconds he figured out what mental command would make it move to the right a little. That might only be useful if he could swing it back to the left.

Then a sudden rumbling noise coming from up ahead drew his attention, and his head jerked up suddenly to see what it might be. A while away, he could vaguely see rocks crashing down from the top of a cliff onto the group. A few of the Pokemon seemed to have been able to dodge them, but he couldn't tell for sure if anyone had been crushed. And that wizard dude Badseer or whatever his name was was nowhere to be seen.

As Drew followed the group as silent and solemn as usual he began to hear a faint rumbling sound. He looked ahead. They seemed to be approaching two picturesque cliffs. Well, a few seconds ago they had probably been picturesque, but now they looked quite menacing as rocks were tumbling down the rock face. He whirled around as the fiery cat he was following behind jumped out of the way of one of the boulders. Turning his head back again he saw the rugged face of the rock coming right at him. He knew he was a bug, and he knew that he would most likely not emerge uninjured after being struck by such a large projectile. But he had no time, and he shut his eyes tight, preparing for the worst.

However, Drew was spared from the full effects of the blast. As soon as he closed his eyes a primal instinct took over, and he suddenly curled up into a tight ball, his hard armor protecting him from most of the force of the rock. The stone crashed into him, still hurting immensely, but he did not feel his armor crack or even dent. The force of the boulder sent him rolling backwards, and he simply focused on not throwing up as he spun backwards. He hit another rock, this one closer to his head, and he lost focus for a second. He only continued to move thanks to his already acquired acceleration.

Soon Drew felt that the rumbling was ceasing, and he slowly emerged from his hard shell. He was still a bit shaky from the blow to the head, so he had to walk at a very slow pace, not scuttling at mad speeds like most bugs. He made his way towards a tall wall of stones where the over excited fiery creature was standing, no longer looking quite as exuberant. He looked around and realized that the wizard man, Bazdir, had seemingly disappeared. He looked at the large wall of stone and figured that the man had been trapped behind the wall. Well, it should be no trouble for him. He was a wizard after all.

Liesel was about to begin to try to move forward, before hearing a rumbling noise. She looked up, ears pricked forward and saw rocks slide down from the cliff; she saw some of the others able to escape unscathed, but the 'wizard' had disappeared.

Maybe he's dead. That would be just my luck.

Only then did she remember that A: She should at least see if everyone waws alright and B: She had water pokemon clinging to her for transport.

Right.

She inhaled before beginning to pad to the group; dragging the (rather heavy; well it was bigger than her after all) water pokemon wasn't easy, but she could do it. Just not very fast. At least she was getting somewhere.

Is everyone okay?

Tokine heard a rumbling sound from the cliffs, and when she looked up, the rocks were falling. Tokine scoffed as she used her new psychic powers. She relaxed, focused, and right when the rocks were falling on her, she dissapeared, and then reappeared with the others.

" Alright, where's the son of a-" Tokine asked, but she was interrupted by the leafeon about to be trapped in the rubble. Did she always have to look over that thing?

Tokie used Psychic on the leafeon and brought it over, then shoo'd it away.

" Now where is that wannabe?" Tokine grumbled. Wasnt the dude supposed to, i dont know, stay with them? Tokine sighed.

Crystal was shocked by the sudden cliff, but pushed it aside. She looked around, but alas saw no wizard. Was he dead, no tha would do no good.

"What kind of wizard dissappears at such an important time, no wizard is who," Crystal remarked, "Guess he was just some fake."

She slithered to where the group was, for a lack of a better word, regrouping. There were many strange creatures, and each one seemed to be different, both is physical shape and element.

((Rizadon. The Leafeon had turned back into a tree in my post. Your two posts look absolutely ridiculous in comparison.

Apologies everyone, I had been on a trip, I should have said something. I'll pick up a little later tonight, but I just needed to say that right off.))

((Right then! Double posting to get this back on track.))

The little lion cub had ducked as soon as she head the rumbling, and hadn't come uncurled. She shivered and shivered, and the fate of the old man hadn't crossed her mind at all until people started talking. In the back of her mind, she wondered if what he had said was the truth, whether he really was magical...

No, if he was, he'd have blasted through the rocks by now for sure. Or flown over like he had before.

"I wanna go home, I want my momma, I wanna pretend this never happened like I never went to the festival..." She stayed in her spot and shivered. "I don't like this I don't even know how to use this body oh god why is this happening..." Something in back of her mind told her to take a deep breath and focus on the rocks, but she didn't know if she trusted this form.

Though calming down would be nice...

She inhaled. "Okay self, relax... no wai it can get worse, so let's try and get on out of here... maybe we'll find another 'wizard' or something or some way to change us back..." She shifted her focus to one particularly large boulder in the path.

---------

"Bloody hell, damn it all!" The wizard man paced around the other side of the rock pile. "Flying up would cause another avalanche, I don't even know if they survived the first one..." His eyes glowed just a moment, and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Still alive... hm." With a swing of the hand, he levitated a few boulders, just as much as his depleted magic supply would allow him...

"Oh man...." Steven muttered, "....If the wizard isn't going to save us....someone must have some Pokemon power things."

He paced back and forth.

"If only he told us about our powers beforehand." he griped, "We'd be out of this situation"

He looked up.

"Hm...some of the boulders are levitating." he muttered, "Badzir?"

"AAHHHHH," was what Crystal screamed but what came out was a Blizzard. As the ice hit the rocks, most of them froze in place. She opened her eyes, not even realizing she closed them and stared, the rocks had stopped.

"Who did that?" She questioned,"Congrats to them."

Mendatt glared at one of the boulders currently levitating above the forest they were in. Someone who had claimed to be a wizard came along and did a bunch of magic tricks that he rather suspected were merely some variety of mirage, got stuck behind a wall of boulders, somehow wasn't able to get out from behind them, and started throwing boulders at them, with 'them' being the group of people he didn't even know. He had also turned all of them into Pokemon he had never seen before, and said a bunch of stuff that sounded like it could make sense, if Mendatt actually knew more about the subject, which he found really annoying. The only thing he had really understood was the bit about auras, and 'aura seers'. Which sounded rather cool. He smiled slightly, wondering if he was one, but quickly remembered that the wizard had said that none of them were. He stopped smiling. He attempted to sum up what was happening in his head, and failed. He was normally rather adaptable, and cheerful, but this was hard for even him to swallow. He looked at himself, or I suppose glared at himself. He had a tail. How was he supposed to walk with a tail? Of course, he also had wings. Clearly he was meant to fly, in some manner, but how? Maybe... He tried to swing his arms around, and his wings moved. Did he move? No. He did not. Clearly flying with palm leaves was an art that had to be honed before it could be used effectively. He tried to fly again, failed again, and noticed the levitating boulders were still levitating, and, unfortunately, flying towards them. Okay... He had palm leaves sprouting out of his head, which is probably a hint towards what he can do... He concentrated hard on nothing discernible and just tried to do stuff. Something small and green sprouted out of the ground. He glared into nowhere. Clearly if anyone was going to do something to get them out of this mess, it wasn't going to be him.

((Hopefully I didn't mess up too badly. I'm not very good and summaries, so just hoping.))

Back
Top Bottom