• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are you a virgin?

Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think that the formula was intended to work for preteens and teenagers.

Depends on the maturity level of said person, but yeh. Something wrong with that?

six months of age difference mean absolutely nothing unless you're tiny
twelve months of age difference mean absolutely nothing unless you're tiny or only a bit older

Wow... Only 12 people aren't? o.o

Anyways, I'm not a virgin. I honestly don't know how that can be thought of as a bad thing, either.

I also don't like that there's a legal age-limit for having sex. It should be when you as a person are ready, not when your age says you are.

It's also bullshit to have an invisible age gap limit on it so people won't think it's "weird"

I also don't like that there's a legal age-limit for having sex.

I think there should be; they're not there to stop you having fun, they're there to protect vulnerable people.

Apparently, 95% of rapes against teenage women don't end in prosecution - and mostly because a woman's word isn't enough to prosecute an offender (since it's a her-word-against-his situation). But when a minor's involved, the law says the minor can't consent, so there's no issue over whether or not it's rape - it just is.

I agree completely that there are mature 13-year-olds and very emotionally immature 20-year-olds, but the laws in place protect vulnerable young people, and I don't think it should be changed.

I think there should be; they're not there to stop you having fun, they're there to protect vulnerable people.

Apparently, 95% of rapes against teenage women don't end in prosecution - and mostly because a woman's word isn't enough to prosecute an offender (since it's a her-word-against-his situation). But when a minor's involved, the law says the minor can't consent, so there's no issue over whether or not it's rape - it just is.

I agree completely that there are mature 13-year-olds and very emotionally immature 20-year-olds, but the laws in place protect vulnerable young people, and I don't think it should be changed.

Oh wow, yeah. I forgot about that.
I agree completely with that now, but then there are a lot of vunerable people over the age of 16. It's a lose-lose situation, really, because increasing it is pretty ridiculous too...
I just don't like the daunting fact that if you do have sex under-age, your partner could be put on the pedophillia register for the rest of their lives, even though you consented to it.

I just don't like the daunting fact that if you do have sex under-age, your partner could be put on the pedophillia register for the rest of their lives, even though you consented to it.

...how is it a problem if you don't tell anybody or nobody sees you do it? o.O

Just out of curiosity, what is the legal age in uh, wherever anyone is? In Australia it's sixteen (seventeen in some states).

Parents can walk in and completely flip out. It's happened to people I know and it never ends well.

It's 16 here, too.

I think we need to do something about this rather alarming ratio of virgins to non-virgins and have a big TCOD orgy. ;)

I totally can go for a TCoD orgy!!

In Cali, the age of consent is 18, though in other US states it's seventeen, and I've even heard sixteen. o.O

Maybe because I've grown up used to 18, it just seems young to me. (Not like too young for people, too young for the government to allow.)

It's 14 in Iceland (and I knew that even before that House episode) :D

But I guess it's relative to what you're used to. Loads of my friends had sex before they were 16 - one was 13 and another had a baby aged 16 - but it's not really a big deal where I live (which has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in Europe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom