• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Are you a virgin?

Are you a virgin?

• Yes

Votes: 228 87.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there's not. "Virgin" as a concept doesn't really exist. All it means is "I have never had sex." I'm not sure why we even have a word for it, it's so silly. There's absolutely nothing "special" about your virginity at all.

If I were straight the age would be 16 here. It's illegal for gays to have sex in conservative South Carolina.
There are several states with no laws for homosexual men, and New Mexico has 13 as the gays' age (four years younger than heterosexuals).

I'm pretty sure it's legal to have gay sex anywhere in the US.

No, there's not. "Virgin" as a concept doesn't really exist. All it means is "I have never had sex." I'm not sure why we even have a word for it, it's so silly.

Eh, I think it's quite a handy term. Especially since you can use it to mean that you've never done something, even nonsexual, like how someone who's never been to the opera could be an opera virgin :D

Plus, anyone who studies theology would otherwiase have to talk about the concept of "the birth of Jesus to a woman who never had sex with a man", which is a bit wordy.
And what else could we call extra-virgin olive oil? And what would we rename the Virgin Islands?

Clearly, I've thought about this too much.

I think if we can have a word for the specific act of throwing someone out of a window then we can have a word for 'never had sex'.

Tbh I don't really see being a virgin or losing your virginity as something special or sacred. :/ All it means is that you've never done the horizontal tango, big whoop. It's just an experience you've never had.

Eh, I think it's quite a handy term. Especially since you can use it to mean that you've never done something, even nonsexual, like how someone who's never been to the opera could be an opera virgin :D

Plus, anyone who studies theology would otherwiase have to talk about the concept of "the birth of Jesus to a woman who never had sex with a man", which is a bit wordy.
And what else could we call extra-virgin olive oil? And what would we rename the Virgin Islands?

Clearly, I've thought about this too much.

No, I know why we have a word for it. I just don't see the need for a word for it. We don't have a word for someone who isn't a virgin, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom