• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Yes, although I probably won't finalize the method until this winter sometime. I have a few ideas knocking around. But for sure you won't be able to change the abilities of any pokémon you have now.

Edit: Unless it turns out that you can actually do that in the games or something, but I don't think that's the case.

Edit: Unless it turns out that you can actually do that in the games or something, but I don't think that's the case.
It's most likely not. So far, it seems that Dream World abilities are only available for Pokémon obtained within the Dream World.

There aren't levels; pokémon gain EXP in a battle after winning. Common pokémon evolve the first time with just two (like swablu) but the rarer ones take more.

Yes, I meant to strip the levels out of there but apparently deleted the ability instead.

This is also why pokémon often appear without abilities in mock battles; most other leagues don't use them, and I tend to forget to add them.

Out of curiosity: does "for sure you won't be able to change your pokémon's abilities" mean that an ability-changing business like surskitty's old one would no longer be approved?

I don't remember the old ability-changing business, but at this point I wouldn't approve that, no.

At the end of a battle, is it the referee that tags it with 'Completed ASB Battles' and so on? If it is, as I assume, what are the criterion for the different tags?
Some are obvious, like 'Ref: whoever', but some, like 'Come from behind win', are more difficult.

Is there a way to drop my old challenges for new ones that are more likely to be picked up by a ref?

Can Milotic be considered consentually hovering based on the Milotic floating around Ash and friends near the end of the Our Cup Runneth Over! (DP Battle Dimension) episode?

At the end of a battle, is it the referee that tags it with 'Completed ASB Battles' and so on? If it is, as I assume, what are the criterion for the different tags?
Some are obvious, like 'Ref: whoever', but some, like 'Come from behind win', are more difficult.
At present the only tags used are those that indicate whether a battle was completed normally or by DQ, which player won, which player lost, and the referee.

Specifically, the tags used:

complete asb battles
dq asb battles
win: *username*
loss: *username*
draw: *username*
ref: *username*

In the case of a multi battle with multiple winners/losers, each should receive their own win/loss tag. If multiple referees contributed to refereeing a battle (posted at least one reffing each), they each get their own tags.

I also mark metronome battles or other random-move battles with a "metronome battles" tag.

I prefer that referees not tag their own threads because thread tagging helps me keep track of which battles I have and haven't dealt with yet. Also people tend to tag them wrong and I end up changing them anyway. The format has to remain consistent, or they become useless for searching--if I want to find all the battles that I've won, for example, and some are under "win: negrek" and others under "winner: negrek" or something, it becomes a bit of a hassle.

Is there a way to drop my old challenges for new ones that are more likely to be picked up by a ref?
Yes. Just state in the Challenge Board that you'd like to drop whichever battle(s).

Can Milotic be considered consentually hovering based on the Milotic floating around Ash and friends near the end of the Our Cup Runneth Over! (DP Battle Dimension) episode?
No.

With Pokémon like Zubat and Happiny that evolve to their final form by happiness; can they accrue happy points towards their final evolution during their first stage, or do they all need to be earned as a Chansey/Golbat?

Back
Top Bottom