• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

I agree on the e-reffing; maybe a flat $2/Pokemon? That makes single battles worth $1 more than they are now but also makes a triple battle worth an extra $12 per round, which is definitely an incentive. Or a flat $1/Pokemon, which makes single battles worth $1 less than now but makes an incentive of $6. Either way a flat $3 just seems off in some circumstances.

Also, if Metronome battles no longer reward EXP, but I started reffing one before that was decided, does it give EXP?

From the referee HQ:
If a battle is reffed within one week of the last set of commands being posted, there is a $1 bonus per pokémon on the field ($2 for most battles, $4 for a double battle in which all pokémon are still active, etc.).

Also reading through the first post, another thing occurred to me: wouldn't it make sense for the emergency ref bonus money to be based off of number of Pokemon, as well? That way there's more incentive to pick up a dropped double, triple, etc. battle (and I think those are dropped more frequently than single battles, so).
You already earn more for e-reffing a double or triple battle than a single, simply because you already get the base pay per pokémon. I'm not really interested in raising referee income at this time.

I agree on the e-reffing; maybe a flat $2/Pokemon? That makes single battles worth $1 more than they are now but also makes a triple battle worth an extra $12 per round, which is definitely an incentive. Or a flat $1/Pokemon, which makes single battles worth $1 less than now but makes an incentive of $6. Either way a flat $3 just seems off in some circumstances.

Also, if Metronome battles no longer reward EXP, but I started reffing one before that was decided, does it give EXP?
Already answered, but yes, it does.

As far as reffing, I do see quite a few more double and triple battles needing e-refs, even ones that never had a round reffed in the first place. If people find them daunting and/or not worth enough to begin with, a measly $3 dollars, which they can get every Saturday, doesn't seem like much of a game-changer.

Either way I can live with this, just chipping in.

Oh, I know. People enjoy making them, but most refs don't like reffing them because they're challenging. I would rather people ref them because they enjoy doing so, not because they want to get a huge paycheck out of it; that would tend to lead to horribly-reffed battle, I think.

In general I'm 0kay with multiplayer battles being scarce.

So Kratos sent out his Jynx against Lucas755, but said Jynx has yet to actually appear in a reffing. If Lucas gets DQed, which is looking likely, does the Jynx get an experience point for getting sent out or not?

Right, so my jynx doesn't get exp because she hasn't been in any completed rounds. Which is :/, but yeah.

There was a discussion on this ages ago but I don't remember how it ended; if I have a Duskull and I use it in a battle holding a Reaper Cloth, when I evolve it do I need to use the Reaper Cloth again as a Dusclops or can I just evolve it straight away?

Huh. I swore that I read somewhere that weather/poison damage doesn't count towards the cap...

Time to dig up old posts!

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. All damage count towards the damage cap unless self-inflicted.

Last edited:
If perish song is about to activate at the end of the current round, can you avoid its effect if you knock out your opponent's last Pokémon before the round ends?

yeah ok this is probably obvious but i'm being overly cautious as usual

Back
Top Bottom