• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB Rules

Can you combine two attacks from two different pokemon in a double battle, like one using quick attack, the other one using flamethrower to light it on fire?

Can you combine two attacks from two different pokemon in a double battle, like one using quick attack, the other one using flamethrower to light it on fire?
Presumably, but only if the attacks in question make sense to combine. You can't really light Quick Attack on fire by using Flamethrower on it; you'd just end up burning your partner.

Last edited:
Also, I would assume that both of your pokémon would have to move at the same time, which means that the faster one would have to wait for the slower one unless they were the same speed.

Can a normal Pokémon use Dream World moves? e.g.: Seed bomb Phanpy, or Earth Power Sunkern?

For that matter what about Gen 2 only breeding moves, like a Water Gun Phanpy?

Gen 2 only breeding moves are okay. Phanpy and Sunkern could learn those moves through HGSS move tutor.

If I'm not mistaken I don't think there are any legitimate "Dream World exclusive" moves, just ones that were retired as TMs or former Move Tutors.

I dont think there was ever a tutor that gave Sunkern Earth Power, and couldn't have been one to give Phanpy Heavy Slam

Regardless, I believe the rule is a pokemon can use any move it gets legally. Even Dream World moves.

But a normal Chlorophyll Sunkern can't legally get earth Power, only the DW Early Bird Sunkern.

legally, a pokémon with an ability can't also use gen 1 tm moves.

that's not stopping anyone, though. well, except maybe zackrai with his muk.

neg even told Squorn that she could use Staryu's impossible Crystal Egg Moves. Which means logically Head Smash Nosepass should work too!

So... do your pokemon gain one xp for each pokemon they fight, assuming they don't ko any of them?

As in, if I have a pokemon that is in a battle with three other pokemon at once, does he gain one xp or three?

So... do your pokemon gain one xp for each pokemon they fight, assuming they don't ko any of them?

As in, if I have a pokemon that is in a battle with three other pokemon at once, does he gain one xp or three?
It's one point for being sent out -- regardless of how many other Pokémon are on the field -- and one more for each knockout.

Back
Top Bottom