• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Fusion Bolt is listed as a special move when it's in fact physical and, although it's not a contact move, the animation clearly depicts ramming.

There is no description for Waterlog.
Because it's now Soak.

You might have picked up the mistake because I pre-rolled the Metronome Contest attacks before the English names were out and missed a couple when englishifying the names. Fixed now, though.

Fusion Bolt is listed as a special move when it's in fact physical and, although it's not a contact move, the animation clearly depicts ramming.

Yeah, I didn't notice until I checked just now, but the user's sprite disappears when using it, so I'm guessing the big blue lightning ball that rams the opponent is supposed to have Zekrom at the center.

EDIT:
Gyro Ball - Varies Steel 100%
[...]
The user creates a spinning ball of metal and bowls it at the opponent's legs, attempting to knock them off their feet. Slower foes will typically be able to step mostly out of the way before the attack can reach them, but quick, impetuous pokémon that dash in for an attack may be completely tossed off their feet. The base power of this attack is equal to the absolute value of the difference in base speeds between the user and the target opponent, up to 150 base power.
This suggests that fast Pokémon can also use it to great effect against slow Pokémon; is that intended?

Also this description doesn't really make much sense to me. The games' description and the anime's depiction of the move both involve the user itself spinning into the opponent. Most of the Pokémon that learn it are pretty round to begin with, or are good at curling up into a ball, or have a shell to retreat into, or are often depicted being able to spin quickly (Hitmontop, Baltoy, Starmie). I think the idea is that slower Pokémon gain momentum in a more controlled manner (and faster targets get tripped up more easily, as it already describes.)

EDIT2: Also it doesn't really make sense as a contact move if it uses a projectile ball!

Last edited:
Fixed.

This suggests that fast Pokémon can also use it to great effect against slow Pokémon; is that intended?

Also this description doesn't really make much sense to me. The games' description and the anime's depiction of the move both involve the user itself spinning into the opponent. Most of the Pokémon that learn it are pretty round to begin with, or are good at curling up into a ball, or have a shell to retreat into, or are often depicted being able to spin quickly (Hitmontop, Baltoy, Starmie). I think the idea is that slower Pokémon gain momentum in a more controlled manner (and faster targets get tripped up more easily, as it already describes.)

EDIT2: Also it doesn't really make sense as a contact move if it uses a projectile ball!
Fixed. Probably I had gyro ball down incorrectly as a projectile move before, and when I changed it to contact I just didn't touch the actual description.

Could you combine Sky Drop and Seismic toss, like, drop them, and before they hit the gorund, slam them into it?

hypnosis should be 60% again, no?
Yes. Done.

Could you combine Sky Drop and Seismic toss, like, drop them, and before they hit the gorund, slam them into it?
I don't think so. What it sounds like you want is pretty much exactly the classic fly + seismic toss combination Ash's charizard used. With sky drop, you would first drop the opponent... and then you'd have to fly down, grab them again, and hurl them into the ground. If you wanted a "drop, then pursue and slam into the ground" kind of attack, something like slam (appropriately enough), mega kick, etc. would work better.

What would happen if Telekinesis is used on a ghost possessing some other pokemon? Telekinesis seems to act relatively similar to Odor Sleuth and Foresight, but I'm not too sure...

Do stat-ups gradually decrease with some moves, or are they relatively permanent?
Yes, some stat boosts/gains fade with time, like the speed burst from agility or the blindness from flash or sand attack. Typically stat boosts/drops associated with physical changes to the pokémon's body, like those associated with shell break, won't fade.

What would happen if Telekinesis is used on a ghost possessing some other pokemon? Telekinesis seems to act relatively similar to Odor Sleuth and Foresight, but I'm not too sure...
Telekinesis just lifts a pokémon up and dangles it in the air, so it doesn't dispel ghosts. I've also now added the ground immunity side-effect of the attack that I managed to miss earlier.

Can Giga Drain target an invisible enemy? Also I highly doubt it, but can it attack an enemy that is phased into your Pokemon?

I started reffing a battle with a Pokémon with the Pickup ability before the hack came along and changed its effects. Should I carry on with the old effects just for this battle or just screw continuity and change it, and does the trainer still get the money picked up so far?

Yes, though assuming the metang was hovering the attack would have no effect save to make all attacks against the metang unmissable for the duration of the effect.

Back
Top Bottom