• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

In a double battle, does Screech hit both the ally and two enemies? Also, can moves like Charm or Fake Tears (moves that are based on generating a response) work while the opponent is asleep?
No to both. Nor can anything that requires eye contact work on a sleeping pokémon, for that matter.

Does Insomnia mess with Chills?

EDIT: Oh yeah - also, can Worry Seed be burned off as easily as Leech Seed?
No to the first, yes to the second.

No, screech has a single target only. You specify the amount of energy to use for stockpile.

Can someone use a move on themselves if so desired, that would normally work on their opponent? (i.e. pokemon with guts uses Thunder Wave on itself)

A pokémon can use attacks on itself, within reason (something like seismic toss would be difficult, for example). However, you should be careful if you're trying to auto-trigger your own ability--flash fire doesn't trigger from your own fire attacks, for example.

No, screech has a single target only.

attack description said:
Screech - Normal 85%
Target: Multiple
Class: Projectile/Stat modifier (defense)
Contest Type: Pure Points
Contest Score: +10, -30

The user lets out a piercing screech that causes the opponent's defense to decrease considerably for a short period of time as they wince with shock.

While I'm reading through the new ones. Typo-spotting is my speciality.

How much of a chance does Chatter have to confuse?
How much energy would a Final Gambit cost? Not that it's massively relevant, but.
Heal Pulse says that it 'transfers' life energy to the target; does the user lose health in accordance with the healing? Or is that reflected in the energy cost.
Hurricane has a typo in its description; it is written as 'the hurrican summoned'.
Typo in Reflect - 'Reflect Type - Normal'.
Missing line break between Sacred Fire and Sacred Sword.
Missing hyphen in Spark - 'Spark 65 Electric'.
Typo in Wide Guard - 'to defend themsevles from widespread attacks'.

Oh yeah, and while it doesn't strictly go here, I may as well ask this while I'm asking questions. Would I be right in assuming that a Pokémon can temporarily put down an item that it may be holding? Provided it's not ingrained into the body somehow, of course.

Thought I just had: are we allowed to use Dream World-exclusive moves or are those a special case akin to the abilities? Some of them just appear to be moves that the pokémon were able to learn previously but can't anymore due to TM/tutor changes (e.g. giga drain natu), so those would obviously be allowed anyway, but a scant few others (e.g. sucker punch nidoran f) are new.

While I'm reading through the new ones. Typo-spotting is my speciality.

How much of a chance does Chatter have to confuse?
How much energy would a Final Gambit cost? Not that it's massively relevant, but.
Heal Pulse says that it 'transfers' life energy to the target; does the user lose health in accordance with the healing? Or is that reflected in the energy cost.
Hurricane has a typo in its description; it is written as 'the hurrican summoned'.
Typo in Reflect - 'Reflect Type - Normal'.
Missing line break between Sacred Fire and Sacred Sword.
Missing hyphen in Spark - 'Spark 65 Electric'.
Typo in Wide Guard - 'to defend themsevles from widespread attacks'.

Oh yeah, and while it doesn't strictly go here, I may as well ask this while I'm asking questions. Would I be right in assuming that a Pokémon can temporarily put down an item that it may be holding? Provided it's not ingrained into the body somehow, of course.
Final gambit costs all the user's remaining energy. The user of heal pulse does not lose health.

All the rest should now be addressed, except that I don't know what you're talking about in terms of the typo in reflect.

A pokémon can pick up or put down its item at any time without taking an action to do so, unless there's some particular reason this would be particularly difficult for it at the time.

Thought I just had: are we allowed to use Dream World-exclusive moves or are those a special case akin to the abilities? Some of them just appear to be moves that the pokémon were able to learn previously but can't anymore due to TM/tutor changes (e.g. giga drain natu), so those would obviously be allowed anyway, but a scant few others (e.g. sucker punch nidoran f) are new.
Dream World-exclusive moves can be used freely by any pokémon that get them.

Does thunder need to be used outdoors to work or can the user just generate the electricity itself? I can remember seeing some different descriptions of it, so yeah..

Last edited:
Does thunder need to be used outdoors to work or can the user just generate the electricity itself? I can remember seeing some different descriptions of it, so yeah..

The user calls down a huge bolt of lightning from the sky. This attack, as it comes from the clouds, can strike even high-flying foes.
So yeah, probably needs sky access. I suppose you could reinterpret it to come from the user's body but then the effects of Rain Dance and Sunny Day on it wouldn't really make sense.

There have been instances of Rain Dance working indoors by generating the rainclouds within the enclosed area; anybody who does that will probably also let Thunder roll.

Back
Top Bottom