• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Say if a Ditto has transformed into Bulbasaur. If it were to subsequently transform into a rock, would it keep Bulbasaur's movepool?

Does Gastro Acid negate both a Pokemon's natural ability and abilities gained through, say, Magnet Rise?

If a Pokemon uses Psychic three times in a row to lift an object and wants to continuously keep it lifted, does it loosen its hold at the end of every action?

If the enemy was charging at you, would you be able to combine a priority move and Grass Knot to dodge and then trip them?

There really needs to be a mass question answering post or something soon. >:\
Most people's questions seem to be left unanswered.

If we knew the answers, we'd have answered already. A lot of these questions deal with personal interpretation - what I say, for example, might not be what Negrek says. Actually, for these personal interpretation things, it's best to ask your ref. I can't answer everything, but I'll answer what I can. Just please be patient with Negrek, people.

The description of Shadow Sneak mentions the user hitting the foe with a light punch, even if most of its users don't have fists.

Gastly can use the elemental punches, even though it doesn't have fists. Use your imagination. Light punch could be translated to a light hit of any kind - e.g. Ariados swats opponent with a leg, or something.

Do moves needing eye-contact work when the foe is chilling?

The Pokemon could try to get the foe's attention, and will probably be largely successful unless the foe was specifically commanded to keep its eyes shut. Kinda up to the ref, really.

Say if a Ditto has transformed into Bulbasaur. If it were to subsequently transform into a rock, would it keep Bulbasaur's movepool?

Nope.

If the enemy was charging at you, would you be able to combine a priority move and Grass Knot to dodge and then trip them?

Hmm... Once again, personal interpretation, but I think Grass Knot takes a bit too much concentration to execute swiftly - that is, swiftly enough to trip a charging opponent, especially right after lunging out of the way with a priority move. But ask your ref.

Then you have to wait for Negrek. In any case, so far as I can see, I've answered your question, and I'm pretty sure I could dig up a few examples, if you really want them.

Yeah, once you get the hang of it you begin to make your own interpretations. As long as some higher ref doesn't show up in your thread to yell at you, you're pretty much good. :P

How is EXP calculated in the case of Perish Song?

EDIT: Aerial Ace has a listed accuracy of 100%, as opposed to N/A.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom