• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Would said elemental punch combo take correspondingly less energy?

EDIT: I assume that Spiky-Eared Pichu's special moves are usable by Pichu here?
As for the combo: no.

But yes to Spiky-Eared Pichu's pain split.

Normally one would be able to command their Pokemon to wait before attacking, but I'm wondering if this is the case with Bide? I'm pretty sure the +1 priority doesn't apply to the turn it releases, but I have doubts about a Pokemon being able to hold in all that damage/energy/whatever for that long.
I would say you could ask a pokémon to hold bide, yeah. It would probably require extra energy, however.

Can spite affect normal types?
Yup.

Odor Sleuth can identify the opponent if they are hidden, but can it help the user aim if said user is unable to see properly?

Yes, odor sleuth can help counteract effects that would ordinarily reduce accuracy. I would probably treat it as a +1/+2 boost in circumstances where accuracy would ordinarily be lowered.

Hm. Should an OHKO move actually be allowed, is it treated as most moves are for the purposes of energy loss? I imagine there would be a massive energy cost to such a powerful attack.

OHKO cost a great deal of energy, yes. I would go for somewhere between 10% and 15% depending on the circumstances.

So according to Serebii, you can get Ninjask's moves on a Shedinja. So are they legal here?

Also, it would seem that Conversion2 does have a different effect than in the games.
Works in the same way as the first conversion, but the user will change its type to one matching an attack that it has observed some other pokémon in the match using before; thus, it does not have to be related to any attack within the user's movepool.
So why's that?

uh. anyone who has ever evolved a ninjask into shedinja at level 20 will know that shedinja copies off the ninjask post-evolution. it is kind of weird, but yes.

EDIT: my point being, considering all manner of events are allowed, things that can be done with english games alone /should/ be legal.

Shedinja can't use all of ninjask's moves: just agility, swords dance, baton pass, and slash. (And x-scissor, but shedinja could already learn that by TM.)

Not sure about conversion 2. I'll probably change it to match the normal description when I revise the attack guide. God willing, that will be soon.

Are Giga Drain et al. still considered attacking moves if they target energy?

A pokémon that's sleeping doesn't behave as though it's taunted (because it's asleep), so it can chill and use sleep talk as normal. The actions it spends sleeping don't count towards the actions it takes taunt to fade.

Can you combo something with a priority move in order to take advantage of the increased priority?

Also, how much energy should be added for a combo?

If a Pokemon is severely frozen to the point of being encased in ice, will it take damage from say, another Blizzard? And will Shed Skin (somehow) alleviate said severely frozen state?

Attacks like rock blast, rock slide and rock throw need actual rocks around to work, right?

If a Pokemon is severely frozen to the point of being encased in ice, will it take damage from say, another Blizzard? And will Shed Skin (somehow) alleviate said severely frozen state?
If it's totally encased in ice such that none of its body would be exposed to the blizzard, then no, it would take no damage from blizzard or anything else that struck it but didn't manage to pass through the ice in some way. Shed skin wouldn't be any help in that situation, but if only part of the pokémon's body was encased it would have a better chance of sloughing off the ice.

Attacks like rock blast, rock slide and rock throw need actual rocks around to work, right?
Physical rock attacks generally need actual rocks or their equivalents to work. Special attacks like power gem I'd be more inclined to say could come from the pokémon themselves, though I usually ref ancientpower as requiring external rocks as well.

Back
Top Bottom