• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

If you mean using a physical attack as the mon is coming down, that sounds like it should work. Rocketjumping using a projectile attack when going up sounds less likely, especially with something like Aura Sphere, which doesn't have that much launch power IMO.

Sorry, my mind's stuck in a Mienfoo state. Let's say...let's say a Water Pokemon, since a lot of them can learn Bounce, uses Hydro Pump at a downrads angle to propel itself into the air. Would that be more feasible?

Stupid me worded is "projectile" when I really meant "beam"

Also, if Jump Kick/Hi Jump kick recoil is half of the user's total HP, does that mean it ignores the damage cap?
Jump Kick/Hi Jump Kick doesn't cause half of the user's health in recoil (not in ASB at least).

But anyhow, the recoil induced does ignore damage caps, since it's self-inflicted damage.

Sorry, my mind's stuck in a Mienfoo state. Let's say...let's say a Water Pokemon, since a lot of them can learn Bounce, uses Hydro Pump at a downrads angle to propel itself into the air. Would that be more feasible?

I suppose, but I don't really see the point in it since Bounce already causes you to leap into the air.

Just curious. Never know when it could come in handy. Better to ask questions when you have them rather than at the last minute. Thanks!

Just curious. Never know when it could come in handy. Better to ask questions when you have them rather than at the last minute. Thanks!

Actually, someone once combined Bounce and Flamethrower to narrowly avoid an Earthquake. The round is here if you're interested.

how much is "considerable mental damage" from nightmare?

and dream eater functions normally when eating a nightmare dreamer, yes?

I believe the first question has been answered before; 5% per action is the answer.

Can't answer the second confidently, but personally I'd have it have the same effects.

I assume the same would apply for Flash Fire/Motor Drive? e.g., you can't activate your own ability? Or is that different due to not being cause by a status effect?

You used to be able to activate your own flash fire (and possibly guts, don't remember anyone ever trying that) but Negrek changed the rules at some point so that you couldn't. So no, you can't trigger any of your own status/hit-by-an-attack abilities at all.

Does Magic Guard protect from damage dealt by a random event in the Arena?
Yes, unless the arena is generating the analogue of an actual attack.

It's fairly unlikely, seeing as, in ASB, moves that meddle with emotion (like Encore and Taunt) lose efficiency if you use them repeatedly.

Also, a separate question: can a Bouncing Pokémon use attacks?
Bouncing pokémon can't remain airborne the way flying pokémon can, so their only opportunity to use attacks during the bounce would be to combine them with either the jumping-up or coming-down stages of the attack.

A similar question to one used before, can a Pokemon combine attacks with Bounce? Obviously Physical attacks. Though, here's a thought, could it also combine a projectile attack, such as Aura Sphere, to launch itself into the air by aiming it down?

Also, if Jump Kick/Hi Jump kick recoil is half of the user's total HP, does that mean it ignores the damage cap?
Yes, combos are possible. Small pokémon can also launch themselves into the air by firing a powerful attack at the ground, although some attacks are better suited to this than others--they would need to have some explosive component or signifigant kickback to be feasible. Aura sphere, therefore, no. Hydro pump, yes. Doing so

As someone else stated, jump kick/hi jump kick's recoil is not half the user's HP; it's half the damage that the attack would have inflicted if it had hit. And yeah, not affected by damage caps, as is true of all recoil damage.

how much is "considerable mental damage" from nightmare?

and dream eater functions normally when eating a nightmare dreamer, yes?
First part already answered; for the second part, dream eater would damage the user instead of restoring health or energy. Thought that was in the description, but I guess not; I'll add it in shortly.

You used to be able to activate your own flash fire (and possibly guts, don't remember anyone ever trying that) but Negrek changed the rules at some point so that you couldn't. So no, you can't trigger any of your own status/hit-by-an-attack abilities at all.
Indeed, and this is why the ability descriptions specifically state that it must be another pokémon's attacks that trigger these effects.

Yes. Any other pokémon.

Or a non-pokémon source, like if there were lava in the arena or something and a flash fire pokémon jumped in it, it would get the boost.

I'm sorry, I'm just spacy today, can you clarify?

I think she means if, say, there is a 10% chance at the end of each round a Magmortar uses Flamethrower on a random battler, it would activate Flash Fire if it hit that battler.

EDIT: Ninja'd Whirlpool

I'm sorry, I'm just spacy today, can you clarify?
If the arena description says "[the arena] will use one of the following moves on the Pokémon..." (such as Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm), as opposed to "falling into a pit of lava will deal 4% Fire-type damage", I think.

If the arena description says "[the arena] will use one of the following moves on the Pokémon..." (such as Hydro Pump or Leaf Storm), as opposed to "falling into a pit of lava will deal 4% Fire-type damage", I think.
Specifically it is 'Does X% X Type Damage'

I'm pretty sure Magic Guard will protect from it, yes. (unless it says "an Ice Beam will damage so-and-so", but regular arena hazards are still protected from by Magic Guard)

Let's say a Tentacool uses Bind on a target wearing a rocky helmet, would the jelly receive damage every time the target receives damage from Bind (as logically Tentacool keeps constricting the target and this is why is does damage every action)?

Do AHBE moves count as sig moves when it concerns the effect of Natural Gift?
Yes, but natural gift is getting changed up soon anyway so it won't matter for long.

Specifically it is 'Does X% X Type Damage'
Blocked by magic guard.

Let's say a Tentacool uses Bind on a target wearing a rocky helmet, would the jelly receive damage every time the target receives damage from Bind (as logically Tentacool keeps constricting the target and this is why is does damage every action)?
Only if the pokémon wasn't able to avoid wrapping something around the helmet while it was using bind.

Aqua Ring - Water 100%
Target: Self
Class: Healing (direct)
Contest Type: +Condition
Contest Score: +10, *

The user surrounds itself in a curtain of swirling water, keeping itself properly hydrated and refreshed at all times. This water also has minor healing properties, allowing the user to gain 1% health per action that they continue to feel the attack's effects.
How does this work? How do they stop feeling its effects?

Related to sres's question (this just came to mind): if a Pokemon is affected by the Bad Dreams ability, will a foe be damaged if it uses Dream Eater on it?

Back
Top Bottom