• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

If an Intimidate Pokémon loses that ability while they're still looking intimidating to their opponent, does the 1- Attack stay?

For reference, in the case in point, Intimidate is being replaced with Pressure.

Do pokemon tend to "snap out" of fake tears if used repeatedly, like one would become resistant to numerous usages of taunt or encore? What about if the original target is given reason to believe that the one who used fake tears isn't quite so pathetic? (Such as, you know, by inflicting massive damage on the one they cried to.)

EDIT: Can the move mirror coat be directed to a pokemon other than the one that inflicted the damage?

Say there are three pokemon. A attacks B specially; can B use mirror coat aimed at C?

Last edited:
Is "Recover to exactly 41% health" a valid command? Can you actually hold back on Recover, let alone with a specific target health percentage?

Also, is Counter's damage affected by type matchups other than immunities?

If a Guts Pokemon has their ability activated and they use Facade, does Facade's doubled BP come into account first, or the boost from Guts?

Is "Recover to exactly 41% health" a valid command? Can you actually hold back on Recover, let alone with a specific target health percentage?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Negrek said before that Pokemon don't know that their health and energy is measured in percentages, and thus can't plan around that, so going for precision like that at least is impossible. Not entirely sure if it's possible to hold back on Recover or other healing moves, but I don't think it's actually possible beyond something simple like "Recover, but only at half strength" or such. At least, that's how I would ref it.

EDIT:

Does the flinch bonus added by King's Rock count as a secondary effect to a move, for the purposes of Serene Grace?

According to Bulbapedia, Serene Grace doesn't increase the chance of item effects coming into play, so it would be logical to assume the same is true for ASB.

Can Bug Buzz be spread out to damage multiple opponents?

Can a multi-hit move such as Barrage, Rock Blast, etc. be commanded to be split between two or more opponents (i.e. "use Double Kick, first on Poochyena then on Zigzagoon")? What about definite numbered multi-hit moves such as Dual Chop, Double Kick, Triple Kick, Double Hit, Bonemerang, Twineedle, etc.?

When using Ominous Wind in a multiple opponent aerial battle (what no not the Battle for Asber what are you talking about), how would the targeting work? Would it hit everyone ever on the field, or could it be directed?

I'm not sure how adjacent works when everyone's flying around like ever :/

Also would Tailwinds stack? In-game I know they don't, but it would make sense for multiple gusts of wind from the back creating an even stronger tailwind.

If an Intimidate Pokémon loses that ability while they're still looking intimidating to their opponent, does the 1- Attack stay?

For reference, in the case in point, Intimidate is being replaced with Pressure.
You mean, if a pokémon has intimidate, then changes it to another ability, does the reduction stay? If so, yes.

Do pokemon tend to "snap out" of fake tears if used repeatedly, like one would become resistant to numerous usages of taunt or encore? What about if the original target is given reason to believe that the one who used fake tears isn't quite so pathetic? (Such as, you know, by inflicting massive damage on the one they cried to.)

EDIT: Can the move mirror coat be directed to a pokemon other than the one that inflicted the damage?

Say there are three pokemon. A attacks B specially; can B use mirror coat aimed at C?
If the pokémon shows itself to be duplicitous, yes, the effectiveness of fake tears will decrease with time.

Mirror coat can't be redirected at a target other than the one that dealt the damage.

Also, is Counter's damage affected by type matchups other than immunities?
Skylark's spot on in response to your first question. Counter is affected by immunities only.

Does the flinch bonus added by King's Rock count as a secondary effect to a move, for the purposes of Serene Grace?
No.

If a Guts Pokemon has their ability activated and they use Facade, does Facade's doubled BP come into account first, or the boost from Guts?
Doubled BP happens first.

Can Bug Buzz be spread out to damage multiple opponents?

Can a multi-hit move such as Barrage, Rock Blast, etc. be commanded to be split between two or more opponents (i.e. "use Double Kick, first on Poochyena then on Zigzagoon")? What about definite numbered multi-hit moves such as Dual Chop, Double Kick, Triple Kick, Double Hit, Bonemerang, Twineedle, etc.?

When using Ominous Wind in a multiple opponent aerial battle (what no not the Battle for Asber what are you talking about), how would the targeting work? Would it hit everyone ever on the field, or could it be directed?

I'm not sure how adjacent works when everyone's flying around like ever :/

Also would Tailwinds stack? In-game I know they don't, but it would make sense for multiple gusts of wind from the back creating an even stronger tailwind.
But buzz can be spread. You can try to split a multi-hit move between targets, but you'll probably lose a couple of the hits (they'll just go flying off into space) as the pokémon can't stop the attack and probably won't be able to retarget fast enough to ensure that all of the barrage was centered on a pokémon. Definite-numbered multi-hit moves, same deal.

Ominous wind is directed unless commanded to be spread.

Tailwinds do not stack.

What happens when a pokemon uses Substitute and they already have an unbroken substitute out?
Nothing; the attack fails.

the the effects of multiple bad dreams stack?
Yes.

If a Pokemon with Bad Dreams went to sleep, would it take damage?
No; a pokémon with bad dreams is immune to its own ability (but not the bad dreams abilities of any other pokémon on the field).

Could multiple pokemon use ominous wind at once to create an ominous whirlwind or something like that?
Sure, I guess, but it would only work if they were all aimed at the same target(s).

Yes, you could combine a bunch of wind-related attacks if you wanted. Tailwind would have no effect on that kind of combo, though.

Back
Top Bottom