• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Well, it would really depend on how the command was worded. It might simply not know what to do and not do anything. Alternatively, it might guess.

You mean if the pokémon were psychic, would it be better at gauging energy level? No, because pokémon can't really tell their own energy, in percentage points, either.

Fake out and heat wave are in no way related to each other, so no.

Well, it would really depend on how the command was worded. It might simply not know what to do and not do anything. Alternatively, it might guess.

You mean if the pokémon were psychic, would it be better at gauging energy level? No, because pokémon can't really tell their own energy, in percentage points, either.

Fake out and heat wave are in no way related to each other, so no.

Can a negative priority move be used as a reactive conditional? There are moves like Vital Throw and Mirror Coat where the lowered priority implies a degree of prior preparation that would be made harder if not impossible by furthermore waiting on the enemies' move, but...

If the pokémon is substantially faster than the pokémon it's waiting on, it will probably still be able to pull it off, but otherwise, no.

A relatively minor issue, but it would make more sense for Gravity to reduce evasion rather than increase accuracy... or, well, something to that effect. I mean, the point is that affected Pokémon are easier to hit, not better at hitting.

A relatively minor issue, but it would make more sense for Gravity to reduce evasion rather than increase accuracy... or, well, something to that effect. I mean, the point is that affected Pokémon are easier to hit, not better at hitting.

The evasion stat doesn't exist in ASB, so the accuracy increase is only used because of that fact.

Yeah, it lowers evasion; I was just on an "evasion doesn't exist" kick when I wrote that, for whatever reason.

Could Telekinesis be broken if it was used on a huge Pokemon by a tiny one, or by a non-Psychic? Like say, if an Abra Telekinesis'd a Wailord up or something. And the Wailord uses Thrash.

I recall helping hand increases BP to 1.5x?

if multiple pokémon helping hand the same ally, does the BP increase linearly or exponentially. for example, if a three pokémon use helping hand on the same pokémon using a BP 60 move, would that result in 150 BP or ~200?

Could Telekinesis be broken if it was used on a huge Pokemon by a tiny one, or by a non-Psychic? Like say, if an Abra Telekinesis'd a Wailord up or something. And the Wailord uses Thrash.
Telekinesis' degree of effectiveness doesn't depend on size, either for the user or for the target; a pokémon using thrash would have a chance at breaking out regardless of how large it was, or how large the pokémon that laid the attack was.

I recall helping hand increases BP to 1.5x?

if multiple pokémon helping hand the same ally, does the BP increase linearly or exponentially. for example, if a three pokémon use helping hand on the same pokémon using a BP 60 move, would that result in 150 BP or ~200?
Yes, helping hand is BP x1.5, and it increases exponentially.

Would weight affect energy of telekinesis? Surely lifting a Snorlax would take more energy than a diglett

weather is described "Weather: Weather attacks affect all pokémon in the arena and usually remain in play for several rounds unless replaced by a new weather condition. The specific effects of each kind of weather are noted in their attack descriptions." no specific duration seems to be given anywhere (though DEG implies at least 5 actions); are they simply permanent until overwritten, or do they have a set time limit?

Would weight affect energy of telekinesis? Surely lifting a Snorlax would take more energy than a diglett
No.

weather is described "Weather: Weather attacks affect all pokémon in the arena and usually remain in play for several rounds unless replaced by a new weather condition. The specific effects of each kind of weather are noted in their attack descriptions." no specific duration seems to be given anywhere (though DEG implies at least 5 actions); are they simply permanent until overwritten, or do they have a set time limit?
Standard duration is three rounds; some people do two rounds instead.

For the purposes of echoed voice, if a pokemon used echoed voice on action 1, will that pokemon using it again on the second action increase its power? I'm inclined to guess it would, but the description says ally so...

Back
Top Bottom