• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Could Encore be used on a Pokémon that hasn't moved on the previous action due to infatuation to Encore the last move it used successfully? Oh uh nevermind it does in fact work that way in the games, so.

edit: Also, if a Pokémon in a double battle is encored into a single-target move, is the target randomized like in the games or can a target be commanded?
A target can be given; for any actions where no target is specified, it's randomized.

Is Fire Blast reffed as a fireball that hits the target and then spreads into a five-point star, or does it unfurl into a star the moment it leaves the user's mouth? (Or whatever they're using for it) If the former, could you give me an estimate on the size of said fireball?
I ref it the former way, but I don't see any real reason to standardize it. If you really needed it to be one way or another, your ref would probably go along with it.

The 'start' is the kanji for fire
The kanji for "big," not "fire."

Bulbapedia has lied to me! I see it now as dai not ho

But I think the animation in the games looks more like ho than dai

To the ones on that list not already considered some flavor of flying, they're not because they can't learn fly.

In the case that residual damage from something like Sandstorm causes a pokemon to faint, does the pokemon who started the sandstorm get the credit/EXP for the KO? (assume in a double battle, please)

Is copycat prevented by taunt?

If a Pokemon heals another (like Heal Pulse) in a battle with restricted direct heals, will the healed Pokemon lose a restricted heal, or the healer Pokemon?

In the case that residual damage from something like Sandstorm causes a pokemon to faint, does the pokemon who started the sandstorm get the credit/EXP for the KO? (assume in a double battle, please)
In a double battle, no one.

Is copycat prevented by taunt?

If a Pokemon heals another (like Heal Pulse) in a battle with restricted direct heals, will the healed Pokemon lose a restricted heal, or the healer Pokemon?
Yes.

The pokémon that gets HP back is the one that loses a heal.

Could Uproar disrupt a Chill to a significant degree?
It would reduce its effectiveness, but probably not prevent it entirely.

The pokémon that gets HP back is the one that loses a heal.

Could you eat up an opponent's heals by repeatedly Heal Pulsing them at like 98% health? Would Heal Pulse's energy cost actually be 1% there or is it always half the potential amount, like Wish?

Could you eat up an opponent's heals by repeatedly Heal Pulsing them at like 98% health? Would Heal Pulse's energy cost actually be 1% there or is it always half the potential amount, like Wish?

Useless post, I know, sorry, but this is a brilliant strategy.

To make it less useless, would it be possible to write some kind of sig move that would be like a "Chill Pulse" and work the same, restoring energy when its already high and eating away the allowed chills?

Is it okay if I use this list of things (if I ever ever get to my reffings guh stupid Omski)

Like Tangrowth's thick vines taking one or two percent off of damage or Lumineon taking a bit less energy for "wind" attacks. Because some of these are pretty cool. And it's not drastically gamechanging from what I can tell. Plus I want Igglybuff to bounce around everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom