• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bad Restaurant Experiences

J.T.

wat
Everyone's had them. Whether they're something minor (forgetting straws, dirty forks that're easily replaced, surly waiters), slightly more major (putting everything you have on a burger that was supposed to be plain, fly in the salad), really major (forgetting an entire meal, waiter saying he "forgot" about seeing a fly in your salad), or something outright retarded (forgetting the turkey on a fucking turkey BLT). Post your experiences here.

(And if you thought those were random examples, they weren't; all of these have happened to me and my family.)

Usually doesn't happen to me (I suppose I have good luck/taste in restaurants), but once they had managed to somehow lose our whole order, and not realize it for something like 20 or so minutes.

On the upside, I got a free steak that day.

So I was at IHOP one day, right.

Our food was cold. As in, still frozen. So we ask the waitress if we could get new meals. She says "Sure" and goes back into the kitchen.

A few months later, the cook comes out.

It's this HUGE Mexican guy who is literally dripping with sweat.

Needless to say, we don't go to IHOP anymore.

Once, on Mother's Day, at our usual Mother's Day restaurant, I ordered one of my favorite beverages, a Shirley Temple. (For I am childish and proud.) I had just begun happily drinking it only to notice that there were ants swimming in it. They must have gotten into the grenadine.
:sweatdrop:
Fortunately, the food was good and everything. That's the oddest thing that's happened to me at a restaurant.

Uh...once the waitress dropped a friend's burger all over the floor so we had to wait for a new one to be cooked, and another time at a pizza place, my friend's pizzas came with peppers instead of pepperoni, but we got those free (I ate them because I love peppers :D) and the pepperoni ones didn't take too long.

I don't eat out much, though.

Once I asked for a baked potato with cheese and they put beans on it. They were very rude about it.

Also once a whole load of teachers turned up at a restaurant.

Okay, so we're traveling. We stop at one of those travel centers on the way out of the state, and I get lunch from the Burger King there. So I'm eating my burger, and I notice it tastes kind of weird. I shrug it off and think maybe it was just the first bite or something. It doesn't get any better, so I finally decide to lift up the bun and see just what's wrong with this thing.

I'd ordered a burger with cheese, ketchup and mustard. What did I get? Cheese, and what appeared to be half a fucking jar of mayonnaise. I hate mayonnaise.

Now when we stop there on our way out of the state, I just go to Sbarro or something. ; ;

This restaurant got my order wrong three times in a row it was sad. :(

I got it free though and they were VERY busy so I don't blame them. The waitress was very polite about it. x3

At a Denny's once, this stoner kid from my school was working there. He came to bring our drinks tripped and spilled my friend's coke all over him. It was hilarious, and we went up to him the next day and gave him a can of coke. Good thing he was able to laugh it off. He's much larger than me, and much more muscular. D:

My family ordered delivery pizza and got terrible salmonella poisoning for the rest of the weekend. x.x; See, my Dad ordered chicken wings and not only did they not cook them thoroughly, but they also didn't wash their hands before handling the pizza.

My family ordered delivery pizza and got terrible salmonella poisoning for the rest of the weekend. x.x; See, my Dad ordered chicken wings and not only did they not cook them thoroughly, but they also didn't wash their hands before handling the pizza.

-chokes- I feel so bad for you. Yeah, I always get unnerved by all the food poisoning stuff.

I think once Mcdonalds fried their fries in something for Fillet O' Fish. I ate 'em and I think I liked them. I'm not sure if i got sick afterwards though

Once, when my brother was really little, like four or five, we went out to lunch at this nice little place and we ordered our food and everything was going fine until this waitress comes up to my parents and said, and I quote here, "We do not allow rodent removal devices in the restaurant."
And my parents were all, "What?"
It turned out that my brother had brought a mousetrap with him and was playing with it.

There was a beetle at the bottom of my pasta dish.

Plus, I saw the report on GMA about how some waiters don't wash their hands or use gloves when putting the lemons in lemonade, which I love.

Oh God, I have a story:

So one day when I was two, my parents took my family to this restaurant in...I think it was Ocean City, NJ.

It took so long to take our order, let aloneget us our food, that I got super mad.

I wouldn't accept the bread they gave us. I threw it everywhere, and then let out this MONSTROUS roar.

EVERYONE in the restaurant grew silent. My mom said you could hear forks dropping. I still love that story.

We drove by there a few weeks ago, and they took the restaurant down. Darn, I wanted to see if they had improved. D:

-chokes- I feel so bad for you. Yeah, I always get unnerved by all the food poisoning stuff.

I think once Mcdonalds fried their fries in something for Fillet O' Fish. I ate 'em and I think I liked them. I'm not sure if i got sick afterwards though
Thanks. ^^; And Ew, weird fish. D:

om nom are those maggots in my rice
yes they are
Is this from Lost Boys?

Once my sis ordered Ramen and there was a weird, dead bug in it.
YAY!

Back
Top Bottom