• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Best Pixar Movie Ever?

Best Pixar Movie Ever?

• Toy Story

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • A Bug's Life

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Toy Story 2

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Monsters, Inc.

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Finding Nemo

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • The Incredibles

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Cars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • WALL-E

Votes: 32 42.1%

• Total voters
Toy Story. I used to watch that every single day for like a year when I was little. <3
Closely followed by The Incredibles, Finding Nemo and Wall-E (I haven't seen Cars or Ratatouille yet, though).

(why isn't 'I hate them all' an option :()
I haven't seen the Incredibles, Cars or Wall-E.
So I voted Toy Story.

It brings back memories, it was better than the second, A Bug's Life I didn't like because there were bugs in it. Monsters Inc. seemed a bit childish to me (not that the others aren't) I didn't much like the story to Finding Nemo and I haven't seen Ratatouille all of the way through. From what I've seen of it though it would be my second favourite.

Wall-E is brilliant.
Brilliant in every aspect that an animated movie can be brilliant in.
I am pretty convinced that if a lot of you had actually *seen* it, there would be a lot more votes for it. Go out and see it.
But I haven't ever been disappointed by a Pixar movie.

Wall-E followed by.. shit. Followed by a tie between everything else.
Finding Nemo is awesome. Lots of humor, excellent characters, wonderful animation.
Monsters. inc is probably the most amusing of them for me. The Incredibles was pretty rad story-wise.
Cars was a brilliant concept that I believe could've been executed a little better. Even then, I loved it. Can't wait for Cars 2.
Toy Story will always have a little place in my childhood.
Ratatouille was absolutely beautiful animation-wise, but I never really got into it.
I haven't seen A Bug's Life in years, which may be why I don't remember it being all that great. Oh well.

Also "I hate them all" is not an option because that does not compute

I just saw Wall-E for the... fifth time? I am still not the least bit tired of it.

Last edited:
Toy's Story was great because I'm pretty sure it was a common belief all kids had - that their toys can to life when they weren't around. Right? *crickets chrip* o.o'''

That and Finding Nemo. Finding Nemo was just so sweet and hilarious and I loved it. Despite seeing it when I was in my teens :3

I have yet to see WallE but it looks adorable...eee! ^_^ I gotta try and grab a DVD of it at some point XD But yeah, those are my top 3 Pixer movies.

Wall-E. Never seen it and don't know anything about it but it's cool how much he resembles R.O.B. If we're not giving stupid git reasons, Finding Nemo. It has fish, dude.

Never seen Cars. What's it about? XD

...uh, cars? Talking cars!

Okay, like all D/P movies, it's much better than a plot synopsis would lead you to believe, but it's about a racing car who's competing for the Piston Cup, but he gets separated from his team and ends up in this obscure town (of cars; there aren't any people in the movie) on Route 66, which is in a state of semi-abandonment. Because he practically trashed the town on his arrival, the town-cars force him to stay and repair the damage so he can go and find his team so he can compete in the final race. After living with them for a while he gets attached to them, including a car who he finds out won the Piston Cup back in th' day and is appalled that he doesn't seem to care about it. I don't want to spoil the ending, but it's got lots of "material possessions don't matter but FRIENDS DO :D" and "It's not winning the race that counts" morals, as well as a fairly cool anti-globalization message in there somewhere, a la Wall-E.

I loved it, but I come from a family of F1 fanatics, so it was to be expected. I adored the Michael Schumacher cameo as a Ferrari so, so much XD

Danni, I'm not sure it's so much "anti-globalization" as it "life is about the journey, not the destination." There's a bit of anti-expansion in there too what with the interstate and all, though, yeah.

Yeah Cars is a pretty brilliant idea. If you can get past the "oh look talking cars!" thing there's actually a pretty nice story told. I'm active at a Cars fanboard just about as much as I'm active here. The word of Cars really opens itself up to original characters and roleplaying and stuff.

I still like Wall-E better. O: Though Wall-E and the other Pixar movies are really as different as apples and oranges so comparing them is weird.

Speaking of Cars, I've been wondering who Pixar is going to hire to replace Paul Newman (Doc Hudson) George Carlin (Fillmore the VW Bus) for Cars 2. We were talking about it at the Cars forum I mentioned and came up with the idea that Tommy Chong would be a fitting replacement as Fillmore, but Paul Newman just has a voice that I've never seen anyone emulate well.

I'ma just gonna bump this here. Hope it's not too late to save this.

I've been listening to Wall-E's soundtrack and have absolutely fallen head over heels for it (Especially "Define Dancing" and "Down to Earth" by Peter Gabriel...love that guy.), and after reading a plot synopsis, I've decided that I HAVE to see this movie. If it's considered to be the best out of Pixar's amazing line-up, it's gotta be a pure classic. The fact that it seems like an environmental message that's not an anvilicious guilt-fest is very refreshing.

Toy story undoubtedly is the best movie EVER for kids anyway. I loved that movie.

WALL-E. It's cute and realistic.

That_it_only_took_a_moment____by_lastscionz.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, I finally saw Wall-E all the way through. And holy friggin' Jesus, it's amazing. Easily the best Pixar movie. It has everything! Incredible animation, great story, and the best part is how absolutely subtle it was. Nothing was crammed down your throat, and the pace felt very natural. It also had some amazingly touching scenes that it pulled off masterfully with little to no dialog. And to top it all off, the credits theme was done by one of my very favorite musicians EVER.

Wish I hadn't voted already, because this movie is just plain astounding. It's not just an animation, it's a work of ART.

Finding Nemo is a reasonably close second.

I am worried about the upcoming Bolt. It's got a decent idea for a plot, but I don't know if they will execute it well. It seems like it might not come up to standards (nothing can compare to Wall-E) and suddenly mar the Disney-Pixar line-up! Disney-Pixar is pretty darn awesome, but people might be disappointed.
I hope they don't attempt the same tone as Wall-E for Bolt (doesn't look like it) because then it will FALL FLAT. They shouldn't attempt anything like Wall-E again; that will have BAD results because Wall-E was pretty subtle and brilliant in terms of a good moral and pulling it off. At first I thought Wall-E would be uncomfortable to watch when I saw the first few previews, thinking a story about an isolated robot in space would just be dull and weird, but it turned out very well.

Then again, I shouldn't underestimate them. If their next non-sequel film tries to match Wall-E's success and succeeds, then I will be shocked and very happy.

I am VERY excited for Toy Story 3 because of my childhood and the great ideas in the series so far, but it risks falling short and being excommunicated. Cars 2 looks pretty nice, as well. I thought Cars would be more of a little boy's movie about racing to win and all that, maybe slip a moral or two in there while stopping momentarily from high-energy action and immature jokes, but it exceeded expectations.

Bolt isn't by Pixar. It's Disney alone.

That being said, it's an interesting idea, but it seems like any CGI movie that isn't made by Pixar is pretty risky. The only other really good ones I can think of are Shrek 1 and 2 (and those are arguable)

Kung Fu Panda was great.

just dropping by here again to say that wall-e is brilliant in every way ever and if you haven't seen it yet you are directly offending me.

just bought the DVD~ Andrew Stanton is a genius and he does a full DVD commentary :3

Back
Top Bottom