• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

((...ES, how did you get here so fast? We're currently flying away from the Lair, and it's going to take us ages. So how did you magically get to us from Arylettopia even though we've barely even left yet? As I said, 'After all, the mountains in which the Lair resided were around a quarter of the way around the globe from Arylettopia'. It would take much more than seven words (flew away back to where Arylett was). Also, it's a bit of a Deus-Ex-Machina that Eve somehow got back so fast in order to get proof of entry or whatever. Sorry if it seems like I'm being angry or mean or anything.))

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

((So, what? King Phillip just sits and rots in the dungeon? I don't want to leave on my own accord unless someone says I can, it just seems Gary Stu-ish.))

((...ES, how did you get here so fast? We're currently flying away from the Lair, and it's going to take us ages. So how did you magically get to us from Arylettopia even though we've barely even left yet? As I said, 'After all, the mountains in which the Lair resided were around a quarter of the way around the globe from Arylettopia'. It would take much more than seven words (flew away back to where Arylett was). Also, it's a bit of a Deus-Ex-Machina that Eve somehow got back so fast in order to get proof of entry or whatever. Sorry if it seems like I'm being angry or mean or anything.))

What else can I put. Like Eve flew to where Arylett was and then have Eve doing something on the trip or something? Or just have Lavender take off or something? And no, you aren't being mean or anything :D

((Well, no, but could you not make the journey a little longer, perhaps? It wouldn't take a few minutes to cross a quarter of the globe, magic or not. Why exactly is Eve trying to find Arylett anyway? Oh yeah, to get a note of entry. Well, as I said, that's sort of Deus Ex Machina-ish, seeing as I'm sure it may be important to the story for Eve and Phillip to be arrested - as Arylett said before, everything can't be happy-happy-perfect-perfect.))

((I beleive an attempt to save Phlly should be made without succession.))

((So I just sit in the cell until the people come back with a pass? Sounds cool. But I'm gonna add some affects.))

King Phillip pulled out a harmonica from his mail-pocket. He always kept one in his pocket just in case he is caught and put in a dungeon. He started playing it, even though he was horrible.

((So I just sit in the cell until the people come back with a pass? Sounds cool. But I'm gonna add some affects.))

((But they won't definitely come back with a pass. I really need to emphasise on this, don't I? Everything cannot be perfect. Also, why does he assume one day he'll get locked in a dungeon? Sorry to be picky again.))

((It was a joke, jeez! And I expected them eventually to come back to Arylettopia, with or without a pass. Either way, I need to get out.))

((Eeh. Sorry. text-based humour is hard for me to detect, seeing as there is no possible tone of voice with written text.))

(Castycal is right. Everything cannot be PERFECT and HAPPY all the time and fast. You guys need to slow it down. I'm sorry if we sound mean, that's not our intention. ES, try to make Eve's trip longer. Maybe make her encounter some sort of obstacle on her way to see Arylett, make the trip really long and hard. It probably won't be easy for Eve to find Arylett again, especially since she and Castycal just left the Lair.

Also Philly, if you get bored, I can make an intersting in-mate for your character to talk to.)

Commander John watched as the Female Intruder ran off... good riddance. After all, that was what the Queen had said. She had said to accept NO ONE in Arylettopia. No one at all, unless they had a Pass from the High Lord. Those were her commands specifically...

She had authorized the new High Lord of Arylettopia, a recently appointed position, with incredible power. And then he made the Pass System. John vaguely wondered why Arylett had made such a move... she had been acting rather strangely since she had gotten back...

Hmm... well it wasn't his place, he supposed. His place was to follow commands, nothing more, nothing less. To lead the Arylettopian Police Force.

"All right men, back to your posts!"

------
Arylett flinched and quivered as the colourful beetle lifted off the ground, she was quite afraid of heights and not having any hands to hold onto the flying insect didn't make things any better certainly. She felt so insecure... like she was going to fall off at any moment.

The frightened Bird-Queen dug the only part of her that could grip things, her talons, as much as she could into Spektra. She looked imploringly at Castycal, but knew he wouldn't understand. If she fell off...

...Maybe she could fly. She did have wings after all and... no... she didn't know how. Flying... flying! It was always a disaster for her, she couldn't fly. No amount of magic, of anything could get her up in the air without her crashing into something. She recalled with cringing ease the time she was allowed to fly one of the airships of the Arylettopian Airship Fleet... and down it went into the ground! Oh how embarassing... the newspapers definitely loved that.

She really hoped they would get to Arylettopia soon. And yet at the same time, she was filled with dread.

Last edited:

((Thankie, HRA, an in-mate sounds nice... and possibly comedic.))

They exited the mountains and found themselves flying across rolling hills and pastures, but soon these gave ways to grassy flatlands. The ocean was quickly approaching, and soon enough below them were waters in shades of deep blue and beautiful green.

"Excellent flying conditions," Cas shouted over the roar of the salty wind - but then he saw something.

A dark shape was fallowing them below, hiding under the surface, a huge, tangled black mass of thick tentacles - but it was not the Thing, definitely not, for this creature was vast and writhing - and one of its tentacles, a tentacle that looked remarkably similar to Arylett's hair, was snaking out of the water towards Spektra.

(Sorry for the fast stuff, I like to RP with others :S)

Lavender took off to try and find Arylett wherever she was. Eve spotted a glint on the ground in a cave. Prehaps it was a shard? She flew down into the cave and followed the glow.

Further in she saw the shadow of a guardian chocobo and very slowly moved closer.

Strangely the chocobo didn't attack yet, there was treasure.

Then the chocobo attacked. It kicked and scratched and pecked. Princess Eve got hurt pretty bad, this was one strong chocobo.

Eve casted Stop and the chocobo froze. The spell didn't work for long so Eve needed to see to know where to aim an arrow.

Eve realized that she could use Lavender's necklace is see better in the dark as it was similar to a glow stick you get at discos.

She used a fire spell and the necklace glowed.

Eve saw that the glow was just the Windian treasure that Guardian, Windia's top Guard chocobo was guarding.

Guardian looked very ashamed that she had attacked Eve and let her pass. Eve looked through the treasure but there was no shard.

Eve flew out on Lavender after using her last Potion.

Now Eve was fully healed but she had no Potions left. She could fly to Windia and buy some but that would waste time. So she kept flying.

Nudging her Curly-Tailed Bird with her knees to encourage it to leave the ground, Kinova clung tighty to the creature and watched as the others took off. Without warning her Bird launched itself into the air, took a moment to steady itself in the air and then soared after Spektra and the others.

The wind in her face was refreshing after spending time on the dusty ground; Kinova took a deep breath in and almost allowed a smile to pass over her face. Yes, there were a lot of problems that needed to be dealt with here... but for a moment she forgot them and simply enjoyed the ride.

The scenery was fantastic, stretching on and on - she'd barely had time to take it all in during the first trip, having been so concerned about Arylett. Her Bird soared higher as they flew over a vast ocean, and she looked upwards at the fluffy white clouds - only then there was a funny splashing noise, and she looked down.

Eve kept flying and spotted a huge monster in the sea in the distance. She decided to stay away however because she wanted to avoid more fighting as much as possible.

Eve continued on to where Arylett was hoping to see them on the way but saw nothing but sky.

The bird looked to Castycal... he seemed to have been distracted... and his expression didn't signal anything good...

"Huh...? What's he looking at?"

She turned her head in the direction which he was gazing at, spotting the shadowy patch of water. Oh my... that certainly didn't look good...

Then she saw it, a large dark blob-like tentacle which looked sort of...

...familiar... really familiar. She could recognize it, its shape and long curl-

Her HAIR?!

------

"All right, toss the bastard in." Yawned the bored security guard of the Arylettopia Jail, glancing briefly at Phillip's cell. Several members of the Arylettopian Police Force had come in, dragging with them a rather ragged-looking struggling ruffian into the cell.

"YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" Screamed the red-faced ruffian, he seemed quite inebriated. They tossed the yelling drunken man into the jail, even as he continued to struggle, and then locked up.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" The ragged drunk staggered clumsily around the cell, pounding vaguely on the bars, seemingly not noticing his new cellmate.

((Hey everyone, first post updated with Shard locations. Note how there are so few. So that means they are very hard to find, unlike this:
"Here, it will be easier this way, since the shards are attracted to each other." KP then took out the Shard from his ring and the shard in the ground automatically came up and fused together with KP's shard. "I'll store it in my ring until we needed it."
Oh, and I never said the shards are attracted to each other, they have to be touching to fuse.))

Eve kept flying until finally the place where Arylett was. No one was there.

'Dam, Must of missed them' Eve thought.

'Well Lavender, lets turn back and hope to find them' Eve said.

"How hidden?" probed Timcyduch, turning to face the king.

"If you can't find them, I'm going to find them from my homeland," declared Raeneudd, rushing back to the castle entrance. She climbed back on her horse and turned the creature around, riding back out of the castle gates.

Back
Top Bottom