• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

BROTASTIC MAFIA [DAY 4]

Tailsy

if the nineth lion ate the sun.
Pronoun
she
Hi there! I'm Tailsy. You might know me from such Mafia games as TVTropes Mafia and... #mafia. Yup. This is my first game where I'm the Gamemaster, so hopefully this will go well! ♥

- Standard rules
- No themed roles
- Secret roles
- A couple of uncommon roles

All the roles have been distributed, so please send in your night actions! You have 48 hours from the time of this post. If you have any questions/you didn't receive a role due to forum errors, please PM me and say so!

Re: BROTASTIC MAFIA [NIGHT 0]

(Slightly early. But it's fine.)

The sunlight dawns upon the little village, and they all rise with it, rubbing their eyes and fishing around for their glasses and trying to find clothes that don't smell too bad (they are masters of the 'floordrobe' technique, it seems). Everyone who is still conveniently alive brushes their teeth and does whatever it takes for them to be comfortable leaving the house, because every day at noon is brollcall, and you really can't miss it.

(One time, somebody missed it, and they were dead and bleeding and stuff. Gross.)

So the little midget-lady is sitting on the edge of the platform as always, noose set up ominously behind her, but continues smiling absently and swinging her legs like there's nothing at all wrong. Everyone gathers, and as the bell strikes twelve, heads-on-bodies are counted.

“Oh, there's someone missing, isn't there...?”

There is, indeed, an empty spot where Fruity Walkerloops usually stands. Strange; he is a stickler for brollcall, everyone thinks. He never misses it!

Upon investigating into this matter by panning in his windows and climbing in, they discover that man, he has clownfish!! In a huge-ass tank and everything!! Jealous!

Oh, and he's also currently had his head separated from his body, which has left a very annoying wine-coloured stain on the Persian rug. What a shame, everyone thinks. That'll be impossible to get out.

Fruity Walkerloops is dead. He was not mafia.

The village comes to the incredibly logical conclusion that someone should die because of this. Eye for an eye, and all that. They're sure they can work out the mafia from this information! It'll be a picnic and they'll all be safe home by dinnertime.

Right?

You have 48 hours for day discussion.

Re: BROTASTIC MAFIA [DAY 1]

Nice flavor text, Tailsy.

So, I think they went for him purely because he's experienced. What do you guys think? Any information?

Walker had clownfish? man, what an ass. I want clownfish.

Aaaanyway as usual on day 1 there's nothing to go on. Mostly posting to say I'm here so don't lynch me! ; ; I guess it was because he's experienced?

Yeah, he was probably targeted for being a prominent, experienced player. :/

Let's see if anybody has any information or thoughts before we get to randlynching, at least. There could be an inspector or oracle or somebody.

^And someone probably healed you.

Or we could try to reason. Butterchuru is experienced. Why didn't she get targetted, OR die from healer clasH?

Answer to that, is that the mafia thought, "the healers will healer clash; let's just go for the next best thing", and the healers thought "They'll do that, so I'll focus my healing on someone else".

Although that theory is probably useless, as it goes.

Well yeah, it's definitely possible that the mafia and the innocent healers could have stupidly failed in their attempts to outguess the other.

But that's kinda convoluted.

I'm not saying I have a better idea, though.

But that may be a lead. Maybe whoever's mafia doesn't have a very high opinion of butterfree's mafia skills?

Yeah, I sort of expected Bachuru to be one of the first players to go; everyone knows that she's one of the most experienced mafia players. Hmmm. :/

I also agree on lynching someone randomly because I hate wasting time, but I think it'd be much more useful if we waited a little longer than a few hours.

ninja'd:

Minnow said:
Maybe whoever's mafia doesn't have a very high opinion of butterfree's mafia skills?

I doubt this. there are several people on the list who are experienced enough at mafia to probably play in #mafia and know that Bachuru knows her stuff; none of the other players are particularly new at mafia (I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong) and would not have seen her play.

Or they'ree just ignorant of them?

...Considering our lack of leads, I'm starting to think Randylynch is the way to go.

well, yes. but day 1 has only been up for about three hours... that really doesn't give much people a chance to post before we start lynching.

I'm here.

I expected Butterchuru to die first too, because, well, she's Butterchuru.

SO um. I have no ideas for day 1. Great.

As to the whole why-is-Butterchuru-alive, nobody seems to have mentioned the possibility of a Mafia kill being healed and a very stupid vigilante deciding to first-night-target Walker. Unlikely but possible. Or, of course, the Mafia could've figured Butterchuru would get at least one heal, so better to actually get in a kill at all than have it blocked. (But on the other hand, from the Mafia perspective, it might be better to have a healblocked kill in the first night or so, because it makes the innocents paranoid of an alien, and thus encourages abstainment. But now I'm just thinking out loud in circles.)

I agree with randylynching unless somebody does something suspicious, which is unlikely to happen on a first day.

@Jack:

The thing is, we pretty much know that this game has a vigilante of some sort. Now, is it a vig that can kill freely, or who kills him/her/itself when he/she/it kills an innocent?

Also that only works if Tailsy decides to randomize the actions instead of pretend they didn't happen...Tailsy?...or was that in the sign-up thread?

In the event that a required night action is not sent in within 48 hours, I will randomise it.

There is no need to have a great big discussion about me being alive. Well-known players are likely to get healed/guarded/etc.; therefore the mafia might decide it's pointless to attack them and go for somebody at least slightly less known. It's pretty basic.

Butterfree's right, I think. There's no real reason for us to make a big deal out of it.

I also think we should just wait a bit to see what happens. Surely not everyone's been here yet, so maybe something interesting will crop up. Let's just see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom