• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

Altoram Dept. Store II

Just outside the busy streets of ASB Central (and its regional border) lies a building the likes of which cannot be found anywhere outside a League-controlled region. Inside its doors you will find shelves upon shelves of... absolutely nothing. The rows are never stocked. However, customers never come for what's on the shelves, they come for what's behind the padlocked, sliding (bulletproof) glass cases: discontinued TMs.

You see, every time the Pokémon League decides that a certain TM has been around long enough, Pokémarts everywhere just ship them to storage houses in Orre or similar places. Altoram Dept. Store does not.

You see, since it's outside any League-controlled region, the Altoram Dept. Store cannot suffer any of the repercussions of selling discontinued TMs. The TMs are still quite old, however, and so they wouldn't function quite the same as one of the more recent TMs. For example, a Pokémon who is taught more than one TM move bought here can suffer from severe health problems, so using multiple TMs on one Pokémon is against store policy.

Also, using a TM on a Pokémon who was discovered in, or has relatives that were discovered in the generation the TM was used in is rather pointless, as it is clearly not going to be able to use it. The same goes for a Pokémon that exists in a generation that has the move as a tutor. Additionally, a Pokémon wouldn't be able to even use one of these TMs if it does not have the necessary organs to use them (ThunderPunch Torterra) or the idea of the Pokémon would be simply batshit insane (BubbleBeam Torkoal).

The store got a few upgrades after his previous owner left Asber for a spiritual enhancement trip and never came back, as well as the arrival of a fifth generation that brought several new old TMs to the shelves – all of them are sorted by Generation and TM number for your inconvenience.

Gen I

TM01 – Mega Punch (7$)
TM02 – Razor Wind (8$)
TM04 – Whirlwind (8$)
TM05 – Mega Kick (10$)
TM07 – Horn Drill (20$)
TM08 – Body Slam (8$)
TM09 – Take Down (7$)
TM10 – Double Edge (10$)
TM11 – Bubblebeam (6$)
TM12 – Water Gun (4$)
TM16 – Pay Day (6$)
TM17 – Submission (6$)
TM19 – Seismic Toss (6$)
TM20 – Rage (3$)
TM21 – Mega Drain (5$)
TM23 – Dragon Rage (4$)
TM27 – Fissure (20$)
TM30 – Teleport (8$)
TM31 – Mimic (8$)
TM34 – Bide (8$)
TM35 – Metronome (8$)
TM36 – Selfdestruct (10$)
TM37 – Egg Bomb (8$)
TM39 – Swift (6$)
TM40 – Skull Bash (10$)
TM41 – Softboiled (10$)
TM43 – Sky Attack (14$)
TM46 – Psywave (7$)
TM49 – Tri-Attack (9$)

Gen II

TM01 – Dynamicpunch (10$)
TM02 – Headbutt (7$)
TM03 – Curse (4$)
TM04 – Rollout (5$)
TM07 – Zap Cannon (10$)
TM12 – Sweet Scent (4$)
TM13 – Snore (4$)
TM16 – Icy Wind (6$)
TM19 – Giga Drain (9$)
TM23 – Iron Tail (8$)
TM24 – Dragonbreath (7$)
TM31 – Mud-Slap (4$)
TM33 – Ice Punch (7$)
TM35 – Sleep Talk (8$)
TM40 – Harden (4$)
TM41 – Thunderpunch (7$)
TM43 – Detect (6$)
TM47 – Steel Wing (7$)
TM48 – Fire Punch (7$)
TM49 – Fury Cutter (3$)
TM50 – Nightmare (8$)

Gen III & IV

TM01 – Focus Punch (10$)
TM03 – Water Pulse (6$)
TM09 – Bullet Seed (7$)
TM34 – Shockwave (6$)
TM43 – Secret Power (7$)
TM48 – Skill Swap (8$)
TM49 – Snatch (8$)
TM51 – Roost (8$)
TM55 – Brine (8$)
TM58 – Endure (4$)
TM59 – Dragon Pulse (9$)
TM60 – Drain Punch (9$)
TM62 – Silver Wind (7$)
TM67 – Recycle (8$)
TM72 – Avalanche (8$)
TM76 – Stealth Rock (8$)
TM78 – Captivate (6$)
TM79 – Dark Pulse (8$)
TM83 – Natural Gift (8$)

-----------------------------------

I wasn’t sure at all about the prices and everything, so I went either by Kratos Aurion’s scale or by general judgment, so I would really appreciate feedback. I was thinking about gving away some HGSS tutor moves also, but not all of them, like just a special selection on my own. Perhaps it could change each month, idk.

EDIT: I thought about it, and since only Gen V pokes would benefit from it and it would be useless trouble, screw the tutors unless people show great interest or something which shouldn't happen.
I would say just go with Kratos' scale, and highlight any moves you think should be different than his price, and we can go over those. As it is, you have some weirdness in there (mega punch $7 instead of $8 for some reason? Focus punch $10? Bide $8?).

How did I not notice that no guard machop can use fissure in ASB before now?

How about a business involving Apricorns? I don't know what it'll be exactly, though.
You'll need to be more specific.

@Negrek - I lowered some prices mainly because of shitty accuracy (usually 1$ per 10 points it lacked) or when they were hard to pull off (in that case Focus Punch).

Bide I had seriously no idea so the 8$ was mainly random.

EDIT: Since OHKO moves are usually banned, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but if you want I could prevent No Guard pokes from learning them.

@Negrek: I definitely should've mentioned this but Wonder Guard is absolutely unteachable. Hence "Wonder".

So theoretically if I came up with an agreeable list of possible abilities for every single Pokemon legal in ASB, then prices, I could have a decent shot at approval?

Maybe type/stat boosters?...
You need to give me a better idea of how this is going to work before I can say one way or another. It sounds like you're kind of just throwing things around and hoping they stick at this point; how about you come back when you have a proposal ready?

@Negrek - I lowered some prices mainly because of shitty accuracy (usually 1$ per 10 points it lacked) or when they were hard to pull off (in that case Focus Punch).

Bide I had seriously no idea so the 8$ was mainly random.

EDIT: Since OHKO moves are usually banned, it wouldn't be much of a problem, but if you want I could prevent No Guard pokes from learning them.
Lowering the price because of reduced accuracy is fine; the whole "difficult to use" thing sounds

For things like bide, you should probably just use Kratos' prices.

Oh, it's not a problem; I mean, machop can already fissure. I was just surprised I hadn't realized that before.

@Negrek: I definitely should've mentioned this but Wonder Guard is absolutely unteachable. Hence "Wonder".

So theoretically if I came up with an agreeable list of possible abilities for every single Pokemon legal in ASB, then prices, I could have a decent shot at approval?
Yes, you would want to mention that. However, I definitely don't want a list of possible abilities for every single pokémon. I'm hella never going to read through that, and you shouldn't go to the trouble of making one. What I want is the heuristic you would use to determine whether the ability was "teachable"--how would you figure out if a pokémon is able to use an ability. For example, would swift swim linoone be okay? How about rough skin mothim?

It might be simpler to instead consider what would disqualify a pokémon from being able to use a particular ability.

But I have to admit I am not wild about this business idea in the first place.

Spin-Off Shop

In a busy district of Asber, there is a building that can mutate Pokemon! They are so popular that they can afford to advertise on television! As you walk in to the shop, you are greeted by the same commercial that plays at least once an hour.

Have you ever wanted a fire-typed Squirtle? How about a Marshtomp so strong it could halve a Pokemon's health with an earthquake? If you want your Pokemon to have these powers and more, then you are at the right place.

Type Change (7): Do you want a Flying type Onix or a rock typed Pigeot? We have researched a way to change a Pokemon's type, just like the ones in Holon!
Effect: I roll the RNG twice, and the two numbers that correspond to types become the new types of the Pokemon.

Pokemon Cloning (7 + Cost it was to buy the first stage of that Pokemon + How many times it has evolved * 5): Have you ever wanted a Pokemon that can obliterate the competition? We clone one of your Pokemon and use the DNA to make a Super-Pokemon!
Effect: The trainer gets a new Pokemon of the same species and gender of the cloned Pokemon with all of its Signature Moves, Attributes, Body Mods, and Move Mods. This cloned Pokemon starts off with 150% hp and adds 10 to all of its stats. In battle, there is a 10% chance per action that the clone will do nothing.

Spin-Off Shop

In a busy district of Asber, there is a building that can mutate Pokemon! They are so popular that they can afford to advertise on television! As you walk in to the shop, you are greeted by the same commercial that plays at least once an hour.

Have you ever wanted a fire-typed Squirtle? How about a Marshtomp so strong it could halve a Pokemon's health with an earthquake? If you want your Pokemon to have these powers and more, then you are at the right place.

Type Change (7): Do you want a Flying type Onix or a rock typed Pigeot? We have researched a way to change a Pokemon's type, just like the ones in Holon!
Effect: I roll the RNG twice, and the two numbers that correspond to types become the new types of the Pokemon.

Pokemon Cloning (7 + Cost it was to buy the first stage of that Pokemon + How many times it has evolved * 5): Have you ever wanted a Pokemon that can obliterate the competition? We clone one of your Pokemon and use the DNA to make a Super-Pokemon!
Effect: The trainer gets a new Pokemon of the same species and gender of the cloned Pokemon with all of its Signature Moves, Attributes, Body Mods, and Move Mods. This cloned Pokemon starts off with 150% hp and adds 10 to all of its stats. In battle, there is a 10% chance per action that the clone will do nothing.
No to both. The first has huge potential for abuse. The second one creates ridiculously powerful pokémon, especially if you start cloning clones.

...sounds what?
...a bit subjective for my tastes. Focus punch, for example, is perfectly usable, although you won't (probably) be firing it off

Alright. I think I'll just stick with Kratos' scale even for inaccurate moves because it would be uselessly complicated (more so for Zap Cannon and DynamicPunch, I don't want them to cost 5$) - edited version up in a few minutes.

Altoram Dept. Store II

Just outside the busy streets of ASB Central (and its regional border) lies a building the likes of which cannot be found anywhere outside a League-controlled region. Inside its doors you will find shelves upon shelves of... absolutely nothing. The rows are never stocked. However, customers never come for what's on the shelves, they come for what's behind the padlocked, sliding (bulletproof) glass cases: discontinued TMs.

You see, every time the Pokémon League decides that a certain TM has been around long enough, Pokémarts everywhere just ship them to storage houses in Orre or similar places. Altoram Dept. Store does not.

You see, since it's outside any League-controlled region, the Altoram Dept. Store cannot suffer any of the repercussions of selling discontinued TMs. The TMs are still quite old, however, and so they wouldn't function quite the same as one of the more recent TMs. For example, a Pokémon who is taught more than one TM move bought here can suffer from severe health problems, so using multiple TMs on one Pokémon is against store policy.

Also, using a TM on a Pokémon who was discovered in, or has relatives that were discovered in the generation the TM was used in is rather pointless, as it is clearly not going to be able to use it. The same goes for a Pokémon that exists in a generation that has the move as a tutor. Additionally, a Pokémon wouldn't be able to even use one of these TMs if it does not have the necessary organs to use them (ThunderPunch Torterra) or the idea of the Pokémon would be simply batshit insane (BubbleBeam Torkoal).

The store got a few upgrades after his previous owner left Asber for a spiritual enhancement trip and never came back, as well as the arrival of a fifth generation that brought several new old TMs to the shelves – all of them are sorted by Generation and TM number for your inconvenience.

Gen I

TM01 – Mega Punch
TM02 – Razor Wind
TM04 – Whirlwind
TM05 – Mega Kick
TM07 – Horn Drill
TM08 – Body Slam
TM09 – Take Down
TM10 – Double Edge
TM11 – Bubblebeam
TM12 – Water Gun
TM16 – Pay Day
TM17 – Submission
TM19 – Seismic Toss
TM20 – Rage
TM21 – Mega Drain
TM23 – Dragon Rage
TM27 – Fissure
TM30 – Teleport
TM31 – Mimic
TM34 – Bide
TM35 – Metronome
TM36 – Selfdestruct
TM37 – Egg Bomb
TM39 – Swift
TM40 – Skull Bash
TM41 – Softboiled
TM43 – Sky Attack
TM46 – Psywave
TM49 – Tri-Attack

Gen II

TM01 – Dynamicpunch
TM02 – Headbutt
TM03 – Curse
TM04 – Rollout
TM07 – Zap Cannon
TM12 – Sweet Scent
TM13 – Snore
TM16 – Icy Wind
TM19 – Giga Drain
TM23 – Iron Tail
TM24 – Dragonbreath
TM31 – Mud-Slap
TM33 – Ice Punch
TM35 – Sleep Talk
TM40 – Harden
TM41 – Thunderpunch
TM43 – Detect
TM47 – Steel Wing
TM48 – Fire Punch
TM49 – Fury Cutter
TM50 – Nightmare

Gens III & IV

TM01 – Focus Punch
TM03 – Water Pulse
TM09 – Bullet Seed
TM34 – Shockwave
TM43 – Secret Power
TM48 – Skill Swap
TM49 – Snatch
TM51 – Roost
TM55 – Brine
TM58 – Endure
TM59 – Dragon Pulse
TM60 – Drain Punch
TM62 – Silver Wind
TM67 – Recycle
TM72 – Avalanche
TM76 – Stealth Rock
TM78 – Captivate
TM79 – Dark Pulse
TM83 – Natural Gift

--------

Prices:
Note: I am using Kratos Aurion’s Price Scale.

Offensive Moves: [BP/10]$, rounded down.
Seismic Toss: 8$
Bide: 10$
Psywave: 7$
Rollout: 6$
Brine: 13$
Natural Gift: 8$
OHKO Moves: 20$

Stat-Altering Moves: [Absolute Stat Alteration Value x4]$

Status-Inflicting Moves: 8$

Direct Healing Moves: 10$

Mimicry Moves (Mimic, Metronome, Sleep Talk): 8$

Everything Else: 8$

--------

Tills:

Last edited:
Because your prices are the same as Kratos', your overheads are as well:

BP10: 1/0
BP20: 2/0
BP30: 3/1
BP40: 4/2
BP50: 5/2
BP60: 6/3
BP70: 7/3
BP80: 8/4
BP90: 9/4
BP100: 10/5
BP110: 11/5
BP120: 12/6
BP130: 13/7
BP140: 14/9
BP150: 15/9
BP200: 20/14

Seismic Toss: $4
Psywave: $3
Rollout: $2
Brine: $7
Natural Gift: $4
OHKO: $14
Stat-Altering Moves: $2 x SAV
Direct Healing: $5
Mimicry: $4
Bide: $5
Everything else: $4

$30 to start up.

This comin' back, yo.

The Sense-Heightening Dojo
This buisness actually concentrates a Pokemon's senses. These can be applied as an attribute for one battle, or an attribute

Services:

Sight: The Pokemon's sight is improved. It will not be fooled by illusions (Double Team, Nightmare, NOT the ability) Moves such as Flash double their effects (instead of -1 accuracy it's -2) Cost: $10

Smell: The Pokemon's sense of smell is hightened. It is as if Odor Sleuth is in effect. If the Pokemon is ordered to sniff the air, it comes into effect. All moves that depend on smell, such as Sweet Scent, double their effects (-2 instead of -1) Cost: $9

Hearing: The Pokemon's hearing is enlightened. The effects of sound-based attacks are doubled (This means if Pokemon A has the Hearing mod, and Pokemon B used Growl, it would be -2 instead of -1. However, the Pokemon is aware of other things i.e if the pokemon is on top of a geyser, and it is about to erupt, the pokemon will get of the geyser. Cost: $9

Taste: The Pokemon improves its sense of taste. If the Pokemon uses a HP healing berry in battle, the effect is doubled. If the Pokemon with the Taste mod uses Lick, and if the attacked Pokemon is a Poison type, the attacking Pokemon will recieve 5% damage as recoil. Cost: $8

Touch: The Pokemon improves its sense of touch. Moves that invlove hands (elemental punches, Wring Out, etc.) have their powered multiplied by 1.5. Pokemon without hands, unfourtunately, are unable to recieve this service. Cost: $9

You need to really clean up your grammar and sentence structure. Many of these descriptions are vague and confusing ("However, the Pokemon is aware of other things i.e if the pokemon is on top of a geyser, and it is about to erupt, the pokemon will get of the geyser," for example). Unless you can better define what these mods do, this won't be approved.

The Sense-Heightening Dojo
This business actually concentrates a Pokémon’s senses. These are available only as a single-use attribute.

Services:

Sight: The Pokémon’s sight is improved. It will not be fooled by illusions (Double Team, Nightmare, NOT the ability) Moves such as Flash double their effects (instead of -1 accuracy it's -2) Cost: $10

Smell: The Pokémon’s sense of smell is heightened. It is as if Odor Sleuth is in effect. If the Pokémon is ordered to sniff the air, it comes into effect. All moves that depend on smell, such as Sweet Scent, double their effects (-2 instead of -1) Cost: $9

Hearing: The Pokémon’s hearing is enlightened. The effects of sound-based attacks are doubled (This means if Pokémon A has the Hearing mod, and Pokémon B used Growl, it would be -2 instead of -) However, the Pokémon is aware of other things i.e. Pokémon A is on top of the geyser. By instinct, if it hears even the slightest rumble, the Pokémon will get off the geyser. Cost: $9

Taste: The Pokémon improves its sense of taste. If the Pokémon uses a HP healing berry in battle, the effect is doubled. If the Pokémon with the Taste mod uses Lick, and if the attacked Pokémon is a Poison type, the attacking Pokémon will receive 5% damage as recoil. Cost: $8

Touch: The Pokémon improves its sense of touch. Moves that involve hands (elemental punches, Wring Out, etc.) have their powered multiplied by 1.5. Pokémon without hands, unfortunately, are unable to receive this service. Cost: $9

Slightly altering that one particularly bad part of the post does not make this much closer to approval. It is still poorly worded, and the abilities are unbalanced.

Could I add something to my business? I was thinking that customers could buy a bag, and they'd have three berries in them, and you buy it for around $12. You'd have an equal chance of getting any three berries in the bag. Am I allowed to alter a league-allotted business, and if so would this work?

Could I add something to my business? I was thinking that customers could buy a bag, and they'd have three berries in them, and you buy it for around $12. You'd have an equal chance of getting any three berries in the bag. Am I allowed to alter a league-allotted business, and if so would this work?

That sounds awesome. I always loved little things like that--I guess I rely a little bit too much on the odds.

That sounds awesome. I always loved little things like that--I guess I rely a little bit too much on the odds.

Yes. This so much. On average, you'd get $11.38 worth of berries. Since this is really random, I guess you might want to lower the price a bit.

Back
Top Bottom