• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

I have to agree; I like Absol just how it is.
Although some Stage 1 Pokemon need evolutions like a link between Volbeat and Illumise, or between Solrock and Lunatone. Qwilfish can have a Swordfish/Land Shark evolution. Kangaskhan's baby may need a Dex entry too. Oh, and Farfetch'd.

Anyone agree/disagree? Oh, and any crits on my 'Dex entry?

Sorry for my absence the past few days. I 've been on vacation with no internet access until now. Man lots of people posted since I last checked! (3 pages worth!) Anyway I'll be home tomorrow so I can catch up. Also, I did a flying/electric line that I will be posting in a few minutes. Check for an EDIT.

EDIT: Sorry, but the internet I'm using currently won't let me post the pics straight to the post. Here's the links though.

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=1925&albumid=65&dl=1227930001&thumb=1

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=1926&albumid=65&dl=1227930001&thumb=1

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=1927&albumid=65&dl=1227930001&thumb=1

I'm really pleased on how they came out. Hopefully I can change it to pics tomorrow when I get home.

EDIT 2: Also, I was looking through the website and I noticed a few things.
a) Pretty much all the un-named were mine so I need to come up with some names, but that's not really relavent is it.
b) I think were set on fire types since I counted about 10 of them.
c) 1-2 rock type lines would be good since there are NONE. I'll try to get one done (Hopefully this time with names) by the time I get home tomorrow.

Ok, I think that's it.

Last edited:
D= But noone shortened Boochu!

Anyways, I think the second stage of the Tycub line should be named Tycano. Might be changed after drawn, though. And final male evolution is called Tycougar.

...Oh, it is? I never bothered to read all of the posts XP And like I said, it may be changed after I draw it. For the moment, I can't think of an inspiration for what he should look like!

You said earlier that the final *male* evolution is Tycougar, so does that mean that there's going to be a female evolution or that only the males evolve?

Terry, concerning the creation of new moves, I'm pretty sure you can't change the actual affects and everything whilst hacking which reminds me. I have a small announcement.

First of all, one week from Monday (9 days here) I will be flying off to New Zealand for a six week holiday. I'll be going on my own and staying with some friends. Unfortunately they only have a dial up internet connection and limited time online, so I won't be able to check up much and also I'll be out most of the time. So while I'm away please keep making Pokemon and keeping this thread going for my return next year. I'll be back sometime in January.

Secondly, I've been noticing the numerous people who want something for the game which is not possible whilst hacking, so I did some scouting all over the net to fid a better way of doing it and I've come up with Sphere. For those who do not know what Sphere is, here's a quick overview.
Sphere was created as a program to let game makers build their own RPGs (Role Playing Games) such as Pokemon. But since it's first release (now on Release 1.5) it has become immensely popular and so the creators of Sphere have provided it with new tools, enhancements and loads of other stuff.
So, I've found that with Sphere, you can create any kind of 2D RPG game you can think of as long as you know how to script it.
So, most probably I'll be switching Pokemon Aotearoa over to Sphere. But the thing with Sphere is that you have to write the whole of the game's program yourself, all the functions and everything, but the cool thing is that because you're writing the program yourself, you can add nything you want and so you have infinite spce for everyrhing you want to put into your game.
I have tried to do the language scripting (writing the game's program) but can't quite get the hang of it yet, but I found another online community devoted to Sphere and the creation of games with Sphere. I've found that all the games that are currently under development have a team of people, so I'm going to go to the site and put forth Pokemon Aotearoa and try to recruit a team to help me.

Twighlight: They're good, but I just want to know what they are based on.

Heh, I was hoping you wouldn't ask.

Wel they were some sort of green prehistoric plants originally, but then I made them purple and yellow then they turned out to be globs -_-.

They could be a new type of flying alien poison type dinosaur thingys. Or I could just make a new type.

Oh and, Do you want me to maybe make a trainer sprite?

All right, cool! ;D Will you be taking my attack idea into account?

(the one where it does damage if it misses, has another effect if it doesn't)

Here's a screenshot of the town where you start, which I made using Sphere.

I've found that mapping and overworlding are alot easier with Sphere.

EDIT: Cryptica, yes probably, if I can get someone who can write game scripts in Sphere.

Sure, I'll pm it to you, but to be able to do anything real, you'll need to learn to write the game in Javascript. Also, what do you mean, you have ledg overworlds waiting?

Just a little update here. I think the Skarmory Prevo that I made should be called Shriel. If anybody has a better name shout it out though.

Back
Top Bottom