• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

Sorry, Terry, but a lot of the scratches you make look more like blobs than fake Pokémon. Don't be afraid to get detailed!

I got the Purugly sprite done, but I need criticism, please.

puruglyattempt.png

I do realize the body is a bit squished, but that's just the pose.

I know. I'm asking for constructive criticism so that I can fix it. When you say it's not the best, what do you see that could be fixed? That's what constructive criticism is.

Later I will provide you with the back sprite for this:

Frozzard.png

Frozzard Data

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 98 lbs
Type: Ice / Fighting
Shard Pokemon
Ability: Snow Warning
Dex Entry: Its large feet are like snowshoes. Its body is hollow and made of ice that never melts.

Last edited:
The Purugly's not the best, but it's okay.

To be blunt, Terry, it's much better than Greester. Listen to other people.

The outline has little to no variety in colours. Also, in some places it is very thick - outlines on Pokémon sprites are always one pixel thick, no exceptions.

Also, the shading doesn't go with its shape at all.

And the eyes are just unshaded squares of red.

floatzel runs on four legs on pbr
Right, ignore the last comment then.

Anyway, the tails seem too short and the tuft/fin/whatever needs to be raised. The sac is too blocky; round it where the side of the head is. The hind legs need more definition as to where its fat folds.

The Purugly and Floatzel look amazing, keep more coming!

Terry, quit posting eyesores. If you want crit on those monstrosities, post in the Spriter's Showcase.

The Purugly and Floatzel look amazing, keep more coming!

Terry, quit posting eyesores. If you want crit on those monstrosities, post in the Spriter's Showcase.
If you're gonna crit like that, at least be fair. "Amazing" would be official-rate sprites.

One more thing about Floatzel; the front legs seem to look like tubes rather than legs. Add a bit of shadow there to show joints. The outline on the head is too dark.

floatzelql8.png

Why does everyone forget shading the eyes?

Oh, and the right ear (our left) is a bit too much to its right (our left) Other than that, it's a good sprite.
I think the head shape is fine, but that's just me.

Oh. I was thinking of it as coming at an outward angle, out of pleasure. So I guess it depends on how you look at it.

I think the cheek spots are a little too big, but that might just be how I think of it.

All right, sorry for the double post, but I fixed it... :D

Pichuedit.png

The cheek spots are smaller, the head is a different shape and the ear is more to the right.

Back
Top Bottom