• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Candy-stripe a cancer ward

;sfd;kxgvxfbg;;ZSDLFH;XDFBKXDFVXDF

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

YOU DID SHERLOCK ART OH GOD MY LIFE IS COMPLETE <33333

Eeee it is GLORIOUS thank you SO MUCH :DDDD

*saves* *sets as background* *legally marries*

Dannichu, uhm, I think you should know that I consider myself married to my work and while I'm flattered by your interest I'm really not looking for anything...

:P Right. I'm glad you like! <|

a0xxye.jpg

MONITOR LIZARDS

Because I'm coming up with a goana character and needa work on lizard anatomy and what I want from the character etc.

Hahaha XD
You just won the award for the most counterproductive let-down ever <333

I love the top-middle lizard so much. I think it's the chillaxing pose, but just looking at it makes me giggle.

Ahaha. You know I can't let you down. :P

And here's the result of them lizards: Callow! :D He's a cowboy who rides bulls in rodeos. I'm linking the image because it is literally huge. Liiiink.

I'm sorta in love with him atm, which I should be since I just made him, soooo. Hopefully many Callow arts will follow. Yays!

Okay you know what that is the best character ever. I am not even kidding I am in love with Callow so hard. That pic with the two guns is amazing and you are amazing and damn. And I like the way he speaks and refers to the bull as a she, too. :D

(Don't goannas have forked tongues like other monitor lizards, though? Or was that a conscious thing? I dunno, I guess if I think about it I'm not sure if a forked tongue would look any better, but I'm curious.)

Oh Kratos. :D <3 You so awesome, ehehe. Callow's a bit of a misogynist, he is. And apparently they do! I didn't even think of that. I'll keep that in mind for future pics of him, of which there will hopefully be many.

82485156.jpg

First two dudes from the left were based on a dream I had (weirdest dream ever), the rest were just working on faces. I WILL LEARN/

calz.png

Callow stretching. :D I found that grabbing poses from people in tv shows (pause show + reference) is extremely amusing. Often leads to extremely strange poses buuut... well... yeah.

cal2.png

Callow are sexy bastard.

Eeeee, I love Callow, too~ I especially adore the picture right at the top, with the smoke and Wild West writing and all. It's fantastic. I know basically nothing about lizards (Life in Cold Blood is the one Attenborough documentary series I missed ;;), but the colour scheme he has is lovely. Bright yellow with dark, earthy colours is awesome. I thought for a few moments there he had a bellybutton (which would've been pretty epic in its own way), but it's just the, uh, creases in his belly.
I think I like his shorter neck in the newer pictures, too.

I can offer zero commentary on your human faces except yay on you for making them all look so different, with head shapes, types of noses, eyebrow shape and all.

:D I love his colours too. Browns are generally my favourite colours (with bluuuuue) which is why so many of my characters are brown. |D And thanks, about the faces! The differences among them isn't the difficult part for me, it's more, er, making them look like humans...

Anyhow. It seems that when my sleep is screwed up the results are many arts.

pooch.png

mightyz.png

Attempted to make them more hyena-like since uhhh I was bored and I love hyenas. I'll probably do more like these because I'm have an extremely easy time drawing atm and yet I don't know what to draw, like, in terms of real pictures with themes and such, sooo doodles are all I do.

Actually if anyone has any suggestions or something go ahead and suggest, I might draw it.

Annnnd more faces.

fffffqm.jpg

Best way to get over a difficulty with drawing something is drawing so many of that thing that you grow to haaaaate them.

Last edited:
NEW ARTTTT most of these are just doodles.

b6y5w5.jpg

flzzpv.jpg

vhc8i1.jpg

2i0xhh.jpg

happykittan.jpg

2ngr9qh.jpg

2enbzx2.jpg

I have no idea what this is.

24e2wqs.jpg

2n8wy34.jpg

2q8yq2v.jpg

ringtailedlemurtailwrap.jpg

Whoo that was a lot.

Last edited:
I hate when this thread doesn't update when I post. :|

Lately I've been so brain-dead on what to draw I've been random paging on the specieswiki. Yeah.

hawkq.png

kiwix.png

dinoo.png

luldy.png

anteater.png

birdiea.png

bat0.png

whoo.png

God I draw a lot.

I LOVE ALL THESE COMMENTS I GET THANKS GUYS whine

obfd.png

I was bored and doodling and it looks kinda like an arcanine. Ahh well.

veggg.jpg

Mmm.

Last edited:
Days 4 and 5.

ta118hd203412.png

Anthony on the right.

wallso.png

Callow. :D

I'm going on vacation tomorrow until Wednesday so I'm gonna try and get multiple pics done tonight... we'll see how that works out.

EDIT: one done

ta118hd2046.png

Anthony, again. For day 6 I guess. byeee

Last edited:
Hrr apparently I was only 4 days behind due to vacation, but. Well. Artmo pics. These vary in quality. :[

june.png

Random girl.

ta114hd1562.png

Anthony likes to dress up.

ta118hd2026.png

More Anthony...

ta118hd1988copy.png

Anthony in bondage :D

akha.png

No idea.

All caught up. :v

I love your pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't say anything bad about any of them!!!!
I hope the pokemon company uses your fakemon in a game!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

Okayyyy I haven't posted in a while. :|

090v.png

Whivit and gew. It makes sense, really.

14689515.gif

Uh, it's a bat.

dfdfdgfdb.png

For my brother's school... idek.

bulbasaurw.png

ivysaur.png

venusaur.png

Boredom. :[

fdsfhbfg.png

Er... idk.

Sigh. So much art block.

I think your improvement on humans really shows, actually :o the one you posted on the 3rd has very few mistakes and the colouring is always gorgeousss.

Also I love all the pictures of pokémon interacting with dittos. Maybe I just like dot-eyes on things. Maybe.

Ty ; ; my progress with humans is cumbersome. I need a specific reference, which I don't need and never have and has actually always hindered me for other species, and it has to be very exact for what I want to draw. Not necessarily the exact pose, but... just specific towards what I need. :| It feels like I'm not improving because I'm not going in the direction I want. I'm going in the wrong direction. I want to be able to draw humans without reference. BUT IT'S NOT WORKING D< D< ARGH

But. I just need more practice. Right? :| sigh.

And, yes, I do love those dittos. Maybe I'll tell ask gew for more ideas, ditto-wise.

And er, here is more stuff. :\ (oh and yes I use photoshop for the most part.)

spearow.png

fearow.png

ekans.png

arbok.png

Back
Top Bottom