• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Capitalist Democracy Mafia [Game Thread]

Yeah, I was broke (which is good, because I totally missed yesterday and would have been penaltied otherwise). No idea what's actually going on with the votes, but I would assume if the mafia can submit votes by PM (can they?) they'd still submit an innocent-looking vote in the thread first, since otherwise it would give them away far too easily.

I think it's safe to say that inspection result was real, since Superbird did say that his night action involved taking a fraction of someone's money as payment for, apparently, his deduction.
Like I said, even if that really is how Superbird's role works, that doesn't mean there isn't a mafia role designed to confuse us by sending messages that look like genuine inspection results. The anonymity of it seems perfectly constructed to make that possible. Not saying it's particularly unlikely to be real, just that I really wouldn't consider Zero Moment unequivocally cleared by this.

Eh. Well, I guess the bandwagon's not about to get turned around at this point even if we do find a good suspect, so I guess I'll also pledge $1 to abstain.

The people of Capitalismville shuffle one by one into the voting booths again, still unsure of what to do, but wary now that it seems one of their best shots at a lead is gone.

The CIA notifications going out to everyone's phones become increasingly urgent in demanding that everyone participate in the democratic process. The armed guards at the doors do their best to surreptitiously jostle the last living citizen who didn't vote yesterday in the direction of the voting booths, but to no avail — he simply refuses to cast a ballot.

When the sun finally begins to set, bright letters flash up on screen for all to see:

ABSTAIN — $12
DAR — $10

To the citizens' horror, the 10 by Dar's name clicks up to an 11, a 12, a 13... on and on, until it hits double its original value.

ABSTAIN — $12
DAR — $20

A small red dot suddenly appears on Dar's forehead, a shot rings out, and then the nine citizens are down to eight. They mutter amongst themselves as they head back to their homes, unsure of what's to come in the dark night.

Dar, the Coupon Clipper, is dead.
He was innocent.

48 hours for night actions.

With the people of Capitalismville dwindling fast, it's almost a relief when they realize none of their number have died in the night. Many bank accounts, however, are not where they should be, so the citizens know there's still something afoot.

No one has died.
48 hours for day phase discussion.

Sorry for the delay, I've had a busy week at work.

Okay, so I lost four dollars to someone I donated, and then I lost my income, but I still have 10 dollars and that's enough for a strong vote.

We need to do something because all the casualties so far have been innocents, only one (I think) of whom has been killed at night rather than by lynch. So yeah, we need to get this ball rolling.

Okay, so I lost four dollars to someone I donated,

This. Much this. I hate it. Every night. Is it how mafia gets money?

Yea the inactivity kills are wrecking us at this point. Mafia doesn't even have to do anything, people are dying faster without them :/

Small poke to note that I'm super busy at work this evening so I won't be able to close out the day until tomorrow morning. And nobody's voted yet.

Should we just do a mass roleclaim or something? It wouldn't do any good to just abstain again.

Maybe? But there's always those couple of people who don't want to claim because they're certain to die if they do, which sucks, since it usually ends up with them claiming and dying or not claiming and getting lynched.

Back
Top Bottom