• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

Hey, could someone give me a lowdown on the current wagons and maybe point toward relevant posts? Also, Seshas was a wagon at one point?

Definitely won’t be caught up by eod but let’s see what I can do in the meantime
Seshas was a small wagon of two? people at its peak. now she only has one vote (IndigoEmmy, who parked her vote on her apparently out of spite after being told by Seshas not to abstain)

Ultracool and Stryke are almost the same thing: both posted a little, but neither actually voiced much their opinion and are walking rebuses
Stryke came back after his wagon inflated and gave a little bit of his reads, but most of it was kinda evasive imo? though that isn’t necessarily AI

kyeugh was voted by RNP as a joke/out of spite? only RNP knows
I'm trying to go back and look at the progression on the Stryke wagon, were there specific posts you thought he was being evasive?

I feel like I'm moving pretty slow just trying to look back at how the wagons formed, does anyone have any questions or specifics they want me to look at? I know the deadline approacheth but I'll try to answer stuff now and do a proper catch up during the Night, I'm just not totally sure what to be doing right now

kyeugh: That is exactly what I’m saying. What goes on the end of your trailing “which...”

(that sounds unintentionally aggressive, sorry!)
it’s just unclear to me what point you’re making there. it seems weird to me to point at behavior as “agendaed” but not come to any conclusion beyond that. i think you could do as much about any post in the game.

oh yeah seshas
i kind of wouldn’t oppose a seshas wagon? tbh? this is another case of “doesnt feel as solvey as i expect” which is maybe unfair

@kyeugh, do you mind expanding on the differences between Seshas here and what you expect for me? I've read around this part but it's still sort of unclear.
it’s a bit nebulous, which is why i ultimately unvoted. mostly i remember seshas as a very active player who was questioning people and trying pretty hard to solve/sort from a pretty early point, so the fact the they’ve been a bit less engaged in this game suggested to me that maybe they’re being less forthcoming because they’re a wolf. however i’m not even sure they really were as active as i’m remembering because i didn’t bother to double check the beginning of tvt to verify, and i can buy that they’re just not as plugged into this game—they have made some posts that have the level of solviness and insight that i was expecting.
This is kind of where my head is at on Seshas rn, btw. I think people may be remembering their TVTropes late game too much as the benchmark for town them.

I see the suspicion surrounding Seshas as clearly culture clash. Not feeling a vote there
i don't think it's culture clash - i was seshas' biggest proponent in the last game we played, haha, and kyeugh and i were the only two ever on her wagon! the only person clashing with her is VM i guess. you'll probably end up finding a post of me saying this before circling back here, but she has the ability to make really sharp microreads (which she did regularly in the last game) that isn't showing up here. the thing is, in the last game she wasn't really around for the first few day phases either, and i'm going to reserve judgment because i don't actually feel bad vibes from her
I'd like to hear more about how Ultracool and Stryke play normally, does anyone know?
ultracool was town (with an ultimately super influential PR) in the last game, and he posted like a couple of joke posts and a few very "visceral" posts as rari said - where he took people's phrases or jokes a bit too literally, but in a way that read scared town. i get the sameish vibe from him here. he was SUPER lurky there as well, i'm just afraid to give him too much of a pass because of that though

stryke was kinda weird last game (was clearly keeping up with the thread but not really talking) but when pinged/asked directly he gave pretty original/out-of-the-box ideas that were hard for me to read as well. but then he ended up being town doc

This is incredibly helpful, thanks mewtini.

Man, that's a tough read re: Seshas. The shading is my biggest problem with it. Holding the cards close to the chest... that could go either way. otherwise I could see the case for town.
Wait, what, I'm an idiot, why did I type Seshas here? I meant Myuma. Brain fail, this is why you don't have multiple ISOs open while trying to work. Seshas read coming up momentarily, lmao.

What vibes do you have right now? Apologies if you've spoken to this already, I still haven't read most of the thread, lol.
No worries! ^^ I feel pretty good about kyeugh and mewtini, and I really townlean mewtini especially. Keldeo is my cop cover but I also like how he incites discussions. Pretty good feelings about you too based on tone, and Superjolt ^^

The Great Trebek Push made me 🤔 about rari, purely based on the fact that I hadn't noticed much activity from them and then the Push resulted in a lot of activity from them in a short space of time. Other than that, not sure to make of RNP and Stryke :-( RNP is allegedly Always Like That, but it seems like they're a bit unhappy about any kind of voting on D1, particularly against Stryke. Meanwhile, Stryke's reaction to their wagon is equivalent to a (shrug)

Also not sure what to think of VM due to tone atm, or any people that haven't really posted much. But hey, probably more mech stuff on d2!
Awesome, this is definitely helpful, thanks. Can you expand on the rari thoughts there? Like, how would you think that impacts your read of their alignment at all?
Sure thing! I feel like it's probably not necessarily indicative of anything right now, but I'd probably just want to keep an eye on other posts they make going forward. Others generally seem to feel ok about rari, so I don't really want to scumread them yet unless they make any other strange-feeling plays. Additionally, mewtini said that her and rari acted pretty similarly during the Trebek Incident, but I kinda skimmed mewtini's posts throughout that section due to having such a big townlean on her already ^^
Okay, cool, this works. Thanks much!

How are you feeling about the gamestate and your vote now then? Looks like we're 1 hour out. Are there players you want me to look at with urgency? I'm still making my way through mewtini's reads list and sort of digging back for various context, but I love taking requests anyway.
Butterfree's thoughts on Herbe made me question Herbe's posting a bit, but other than that, I kinda feel like everyone else has pretty much every speculation point covered. IndigoEmmy still feels a bit different to me, but she still does the same thing of following along with everyone else's wagons and not inputting too much else otherwise, which is similar to her in tvt (where she was town).

Gonna have to look at vote tallies for now to decide 👀 Not sure how much wagons can surge with 25 minutes left

active votes:
myuma (4): mewtini, rari, kyeugh, keldeo
stryke (3): herbe, myuma, kokorico
ultracool (1): seshas
kyeugh (1): rnp

seshas/ultracool 797
rnp/kyeugh 833
keldeo/ultracool 905
herbe/stryke 910
myuma/stryke 957
mewtini/myuma 979
rari/myuma 1032
kyeugh/myuma 1040
tofu/abstain 1058
kokorico/stryke 1059
keldeo/myuma 1072

Reading players due to meta reasons is going to be a challenge, but I welcome it.

I'm also avoiding giving reads because, to borrow kokorico's words, it doesn't come naturally to me. I'd prefer to wait until something like a mafia kill occurs before I start trying to deduce things for real.

On the other hand, I would prefer to get someone lynched on day 1, so I vote Stryke. Sorry Stryke, nothing personal. :P

Myuma, can you speak to this some more if you don't mind? Why would you not find value in behavioral reads? Same question for koko and VM if they want.

I try to give reads but in all honesty I don’t think I’m good at it, so I don’t want to depend on them when it comes to my reasoning.

I made a few posts about my thoughts on other players earlier in the game because I wanted to contribute to the conversation somehow. Mainly because I think inactive players are more likely to get lynched earlier in the game, and I think they tend to look more suspicious overall

The underlined part here could have villagery or wolfy equity... I'm not sure how to interpret it alongside everything else. This would be an easy enough of an NAI feeling to post about I suppose.

I have faith in anyone's ability to make reads. I say try not to worry about being right or wrong. Just go with your gut. The worst case scenario is it helps us make an assessment on you only, which is still good!

Hey Trebek, I likely won't stay for long because of sleepy reasons, but do you want to chat briefly? What are your reads? Is there anything you think I should prioritize heavily first thing in the morning to help make a vote determination?
havent devoted nearly enough brainpower to recent posts, but have still been mulling over the parties involved in keldeos vote on me from before.

I still have a sinking suspicion that at least one of the people involved was mafia just bc if not it feels like the whole thing would have been finished much faster. However, im not as predisposed to use this to be suspicious of rari/mewt as i was at about this time yesterday, mewt especially since i still have very good vibes about her concerning copcover. i am currently rereading recent posts for like the 7th time, just bc i am horrible at information retention, but i think im most likely going to put my reads on the back burner for now and see where the other trains go (as i mentioned earlier, i am hesitant to made reads that go too deep until more mech things happen, just bc that is definitely where my strength lies, as opposed to the very social aspect of D1)

While I appreciated this response, looking back at it, I'm unsure how much I like it.

@Keldeo, when you return, can you talk to me about Trebek?
I posted about this a little last night, but I liked his reaction to my vote a lot in real-time and I enjoyed the fact that he kept giving thoughts afterward instead of retreating into just continuing to post about being self-conscious or something. Not a vote I’m considering at least for today.

This post could be like, setting up ~shade at Rari and Mewtini without committing but maybe he’d commit more as mafia? I don’t really know.

Yeah, the shade was what I was worried about, especially since I'm town reading Rari and Mew, but I'm okay with giving Trebek another day based on the perception of the reaction testing.

Back
Top Bottom