• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

COVID-19

I have to do online school. It sucks because most of my teachers spend almost no effort and just put up work for me to do and then i finish really fast. Only 3 of my teachers have actually done video-call type classes. I'm not pleased.

We have a stay at home order here in Austin, Texas. And Me and my little sister are close to murdering each other and i miss my significant other a lot. I had depression for a bit.

I am getting very bored very fast.

Here in Puerto Rico they've extended the stay at home order for two more weeks (til Easter Sunday) and the curfew as well (9pm-5am -> 7pm-5am). Starting on the 31st (when these extensions take effect), supermarkets close on Sundays, and those cars with even-numbered license plates can drive Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, while the odd ones can drive Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday (there are exceptions for medical appointments).

Although the governor hasn't been stellar in some areas re: this crisis, these policies have really been putting me at ease.

Just got laid off from my main freelancing gig, which has been such a boon to my life. There goes 20 hours a week and more than half my income. Whomp whomp whomp. No reason to worry yet, though. I have my other stream of income which I can live on (if barely) and savings that could see me through a few months by itself.

It helps me to remember how profoundly lucky I am. I have a backup job, and now there's unemployment relief out the wazoo. Still living in the most prosperous country in the world, and have family I could stay with in the worst case. Both globally in the world today, and overall in the history of the human race, I am the luckiest of the luckiest. It's all worth is to keep the people who matter to me safe. In fact I'm going to choose to be grateful to be laid off, because while my government fumbled its response, it's a symbol that we're now taking the virus very, very seriously.

my residential school got shut down. and I'm a senior. so, there goes high school early. we're gonna have to push back graduation into like, mid summer, when this will all hopefully die down. i live 2-3 hours from all my closest friends and I miss my roommate (aka my best friend) like absolute hell. it's so damn hard.

we're gonna have to push back graduation into like, mid summer, when this will all hopefully die down.

Not trying to cause undue worry here, but this will absolutely not all have died down by mid-summer. Especially not in the US. Temper your expectations to avoid disappointment.

My family are making plans on the assumption that quarantine measures will continue until the end of the year. If a vaccine is developed before then - say, by the autumn, as seems likely - then we'll have a pleasant reprieve, and if it's not then we will be prepared for it. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I can only hope i catch coronavirus and get over it so i can visit my girlfriend. And go back to school. And see my other friends and AAAHH F*** you coronavirus.

But we are certainly not getting a vaccine before very very VERY late autumn at the earliest. And if we do get it earlier it's going to be some awful thing that barely works. Our best bet is social distancing, but i was out riding my bike (Mind you i stayed AT LEAST 2 meters from everyone i saw) and heard like 5 old people saying "Social distancing! What a joke!" and so i have no hope for that...

Chances are i'm going to catch it eventually. There are 351 CONFIRMED cases in austin so about several thousand cases in austin that aren't confirmed. When i catch it (Or maybe i already have) i'm going to stay home for two weeks and then maybe i can live life as normal. I'm pretty healthy and i eat healthy and i'm vegan (most the time) and all that jazz so i'd say there is no risk for me.

At the same time i'm starting to have depression because of all of this (Mostly missing my girlfriend)
I'm starting to not respond to her texts because i don't know why, and i feel bad but it makes me upset or sad when she texts me because i miss her and it's REALLY starting to affect our relationship.

If my summer break is all bad because of this i'm gonna be F***king pissed. My mom is planning to see her dying father in june and we don't know if we'll be able to visit him, not to mention he's at HUGE risk for the CoronaVirus because of his conditions so he could die first and my mom would be heartbroken, and i'd be a little sad because then i would never really meet him (last time i saw him: age 4). Not to mention my little cousin who is ADORABLE is coming too and i really want to see her.

I'm mostly over depression right now but there is so much boredom. I could do the marquee of doom five times in a ROW i'm so bored.

And online school just SUCKS. Most of my teachers are doing a half-baked job and just piling on work for me to do or not enough work and IT SUCKS (Although not enough work doesn't suck AS much). It's just the worst. Only one of my teachers is doing it right and she video calls us everyday, and she doesn't give us too much work. It's getting really overwhelming and it is the worst.

My little sister's online school however is just... well hear me out. She talks with her friends practically screaming while she talks, then at 10:00 she begins school work until about 12:00, and then she eats lunch talking to her friends the whole time TOP VOLUME MIND YOU, and i had to eat lunch on my desk twice because her friends all happen to be the little sisters of jerks who hate me (long story) and then she works more and then calls her friends again TOP VOLUME during my french class. Then my french teacher gets upset because She's too loud and i have to yell at her (yell at my sister not my french teacher).

However at least i'm doing better than some people but STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst of all, i was really enjoying my life. I had just got over a bit of depression and anxiety, and i joined a new school where everyone was nice and understood me, and i found an amazing girlfriend and a bunch of friends, and i had just kind of cut ties with my Dad, also known as my Ex-dad (He's still there i just ignore him. He's a jerk. Long story. I don't wanna talk about it.). Anyway my life was perfect and then this had to happen. THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED LAST YEAR WHEN MY LIFE SUCKED!?!?!?

EDIT:
My sister has no school on friday?!?! WHAT!? Now she's playing loud games on our Amazon Echo.
Now my mom is BLASTING SONGS I CAN'T FOCUS RRRRRR

Thanks for reading my rant. That was nice to get that out.

Last edited:
:( I'm sorry IndigoEmmy. I feel you on the mix of loneliness, boredom, and frustration. It can be really difficult to share a small space with others, especially when they aren't necessarily the most considerate.

I'm starting to not respond to her texts because i don't know why, and i feel bad but it makes me upset or sad when she texts me because i miss her and it's REALLY starting to affect our relationship.

I've went through phases where I've done this before, not because of anything the other person did but because, well, like you I was just feeling frustrated for other reasons, and low-key sick of staring at a screen. I'm not sure if you've tried explaining that to her, but she might understand that. Now, it's also very normal to feel hurt when people ignore your messages, but I've found when normally responsive people become uncharacteristically unresponsive, it's cause they're going through something. I think we all remember to extend that grace of forgiving the small stuff towards both ourselves and others, because right now it does seem like a slightly stressful time for everyone. And if they're our loved ones, all the more reason to extend that grace.

I'll say that there's a chance we get some reprieve before we actually get a vaccine, whenever that happens. Have you heard of the hammer and the dance? I don't necessarily understand the math of it (it's not like I minored in math or something), but some smart people I respect are suggesting that this could be policy.

Thank you. i should talk to my girlfriend about that later today, i'm sure she would understand.
I normally respond right away so there is definitely something off.

UPDATE: I did and we understand. this still sucks and im still avoiding her a bit but she knows it isn't personal.

Last edited:
A bit of positivity for a change, I put up a thing on my Snapchat story that said if you viewed this that I'd send a message checking in with you seeing how you were doing. Most of my friends seem to being doing pretty well and adapting nicely, and it makes me glad to see they're doing alright, especially I havent talked to a lot of them in a while :)

I can only hope i catch coronavirus and get over it so i can visit my girlfriend. And go back to school. And see my other friends and AAAHH F*** you coronavirus.

But we are certainly not getting a vaccine before very very VERY late autumn at the earliest. And if we do get it earlier it's going to be some awful thing that barely works. Our best bet is social distancing, but i was out riding my bike (Mind you i stayed AT LEAST 2 meters from everyone i saw) and heard like 5 old people saying "Social distancing! What a joke!" and so i have no hope for that...

Chances are i'm going to catch it eventually. There are 351 CONFIRMED cases in austin so about several thousand cases in austin that aren't confirmed. When i catch it (Or maybe i already have) i'm going to stay home for two weeks and then maybe i can live life as normal. I'm pretty healthy and i eat healthy and i'm vegan (most the time) and all that jazz so i'd say there is no risk for me.

At the same time i'm starting to have depression because of all of this (Mostly missing my girlfriend)

If my summer break is all bad because of this i'm gonna be F***king pissed. My mom is planning to see her dying father in june and we don't know if we'll be able to visit him, not to mention he's at HUGE risk for the CoronaVirus because of his conditions so he could die first and my mom would be heartbroken, and i'd be a little sad because then i would never really meet him (last time i saw him: age 4). Not to mention my little cousin who is ADORABLE is coming too and i really want to see her.

I'm mostly over depression right now but there is so much boredom. I could do the marquee of doom five times in a ROW i'm so bored.

And online school just SUCKS. Most of my teachers are doing a half-baked job and just piling on work for me to do or not enough work and IT SUCKS (Although not enough work doesn't suck AS much). It's just the worst. Only one of my teachers is doing it right and she video calls us everyday, and she doesn't give us too much work. It's getting really overwhelming and it is the worst.

My little sister's online school however is just... well hear me out. She talks with her friends practically screaming while she talks, then at 10:00 she begins school work until about 12:00, and then she eats lunch talking to her friends the whole time TOP VOLUME MIND YOU, and i had to eat lunch on my desk twice because her friends all happen to be the little sisters of jerks who hate me (long story) and then she works more and then calls her friends again TOP VOLUME during my french class. Then my french teacher gets upset because She's too loud and i have to yell at her (yell at my sister not my french teacher).

However at least i'm doing better than some people but STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Worst of all, i was really enjoying my life. I had just got over a bit of depression and anxiety, and i joined a new school where everyone was nice and understood me, and i found an amazing girlfriend and a bunch of friends, and i had just kind of cut ties with my Dad, also known as my Ex-dad (He's still there i just ignore him. He's a jerk. Long story. I don't wanna talk about it.). Anyway my life was perfect and then this had to happen. THIS COULD HAVE HAPPENED LAST YEAR WHEN MY LIFE SUCKED!?!?!?

EDIT:
My sister has no school on friday?!?! WHAT!? Now she's playing loud games on our Amazon Echo.
Now my mom is BLASTING SONGS I CAN'T FOCUS RRRRRR

Thanks for reading my rant. That was nice to get that out.
I'm really sorry that you are feeling this way right now. yes, the online school is not the greatest, my siblings are being annoying as well, and i just want to see my friends again. FRICK YOU COVID-19!!!

Several people on my street have caught the virus, so me and my family have stopped taking walks outside (which the government still allows us to do, as long as we stay away from other people). It's incredibly annoying to think "Oh, maybe I'll go on a run today," and then realise that it would be a bad idea for me to.

Several people on my street have caught the virus, so me and my family have stopped taking walks outside (which the government still allows us to do, as long as we stay away from other people). It's incredibly annoying to think "Oh, maybe I'll go on a run today," and then realise that it would be a bad idea for me to.
Oh wow!! :eek: I hope you stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom