• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

D&D Club

Imma gonna bump this.

There are some good conversations here, plus it's only on page 2, it's ALIVE.

But I've seen a resurgence of interest in DnD around here... at least a little bit.

Sooo anything interesting happen to you folks lately? Right now I'm in my friend's LoTR campaign. It's a D12ish system... it's really odd... a 12 is a fail, and an 11 is a crit? Weird if you ask me.

I'm gonna be trying my first evil game soon! UoU Moonsy got the Book of Vile Darkness so this should be fun. Plus I rolled up a tiefling druid recently, for a different game. All of my players think he's hot whoops.

ALSO I AM DOING A THING. So keep an eye out for this when its done.

I'm gonna be trying my first evil game soon! UoU Moonsy got the Book of Vile Darkness so this should be fun.

Haha me and the Book of Vile Darkness have had some goood times. >:]

This spell, was part of my last major campaign and was used to kidnap my character and steal her away, in the process making her alignment Chaotic Evil. She was stolen away and the bad guys made her go insane, permenantly changing her alignment from C/N to C/E/. She became the big bad of the game. It was fun as hell.

I am interested in learning how to D&D, and how to D&D goodly

Are anyone interested in teachering me?

Depends on what edition you wanna get into! ;3

4e is the easiest for new people imo, way less frustrating when you're new, and I learned on AD&D, so yeaaah.

Also if you have a dropbox or get one and PM me the email you used for it, I can help some more. UuU This goes for anyone, too!

There are lots of guides online.

But I still stand by that the best way to learn is to play a game. You might be have to rely on the DM to help you a lot, but its a better way to learn. Plus there are things like lingo and house rules that can alter the game outside just a players manual.

EDIT: House rules are rules that your group makes to make playing easier... and to avoid stupif arguments, ie.

Do you have any weird house rules? We have 'interference' where if your dice hits something when you roll it, preventing it from rolling completely you can reroll it, and lose the previous roll. We also have a roll that if it rolls off the table or down the stairs (it's happened) you have to take the roll.

THEPHANTOMEDIT: Also if anyone hasn't read these... do... it... They are amazingly funny.

... I hate Gandalfs... btw.

Last edited:
bovd sacrifice rules are hilariously broken. if you don't care about things dying for no reason, it's rather trivial to get free limited wish once per day. or dark craft rewards, of course.

I have math on it, even. it is amusing.

Last edited:
So, given this resurgance of intrest, would we be ending up doing somethin gof a DnD RP?
And if so, how would we implement dice, as it would be quite easy to claim you got a specific roll, even with required screenshots.

So, given this resurgance of intrest, would we be ending up doing somethin gof a DnD RP?
And if so, how would we implement dice, as it would be quite easy to claim you got a specific roll, even with required screenshots.

People have already solved that with things like this. From what I know/remember, it's the premier thing for playing D&D, having basically everything we could ever need.

People have already solved that with things like this. From what I know/remember, it's the premier thing for playing D&D, having basically everything we could ever need.

Cool, that's a very useful tool. First time I've heard of it...

If some people were interested in doing this, I could be wholeheartedly counted /in/. I've always wanted to do these things but lack of interested parties has always made it an impossibility.

If some people were interested in doing this, I could be wholeheartedly counted /in/. I've always wanted to do these things but lack of interested parties has always made it an impossibility.

I'va already expressed interest.

homebrew things is fun.

still haven't met many dms who will actually let me use them, though. I mean, it's not like homebrew is worse than first-party material. hell, at least homebrewers have a sort of peer review.

incidentally, how does 4e affect the difficulty of evaluating the balance on homebrew materials compared to the 3e group?

no ddo ever quite captured the feel of d&d for me, eh; and anyway, nobody ever bothers to make software work on linux. equivalents abound for things that have defined functionality, eh, but games? feh.

Pretty much what res said.

I tried D&D Online for about a month, and it was pretty lame. There was hardly any customization, and it just simply lacked that D&D feeling. Sure it had similarities, but in the end it was just an online game with a bunch of people with way too much time on their hands.

Back
Top Bottom